i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   SoCal Events (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/)
-   -   Treeline Rally-West Covina, Ca. 07-16-05 (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/treeline-rally-west-covina-ca-07-16-05-a-102022/)

Denise McMahon 06-10-2005 10:08 AM

Treeline Rally-West Covina, Ca. 07-16-05

Pete Morris – Chairperson Denise McMahon –Co-Chairperson

TREELINE RALLY 2005 VOLUNTEER NEWSLETTER
[url]www.treelinerally.com[/url]

Dear Treeline Rally Supporters/Volunteers,

It is that time again to come out and have some fun at Treeline! I also want to welcome to those volunteers who are already on the organizing committee. As for the rest of you who are not on board yet, this year’s event will take place on July 16th, 2005. We have several sponsors that have come on board and thanks to them…Subaru Western Region, ClutchNet and more to come soon. Our host hotel again is Holiday Inn in West Covina right off the 10 freeway. This year we hope to have a Friday night stage up on the mountains and if that happens we will keep you posted, but for now we will be doing the Saturday stages until further notice. Any questions in regards to the event itself; please contact Pete Morris at [email]rallytaff@earthlink.net[/email].

We need VOLUNTEERS! Please help us make this year event as successful as last years and the years before. Your support is well needed and appreciated very much. You can go to [url]www.treelinerally.com[/url] and sign up there on the volunteer database.: To show our appreciation for supporting us; there is an incentive worker program that includes:
• Treeline t-shirt,
• Treeline die-cut to put on your car,
• Control area set-up contest (which is the clerk of the course is
going to pick who has the best set-up control and ready and we
will do a 1st and 2nd place standing and that group will win $100.00
for 1st and $50.00’s for 2nd place.),
• Non-Communications Worker lottery - numbers giving out to all
workers and for two people will win a David Sutton autographed
book, which is called “Choice of Champions.”
• Communications lottery – (2) $25.00 gift certificate to the Ham
Radio Outlet, Anaheim, Ca.
• Provided food and drink day of the event or possible night stage as
well.
• Invited to the post-event awards banquet.
• Possible competitor/worker rate at the Holiday Inn, West Covina,
Ca. (I will update you on this later).

Volunteer Training Session: We will be conducting training and meeting session for control/service/spectator marshals on Friday late afternoon. Also meet the Rally-America stewards for any information they would like to give out to you. The schedule time will be determined later. We will have an incentive prize giving as well for you coming early and sitting through a class. I will have more information on this at a later date.

Rally-America Licensed Worker Polo Shirt: If you are interested in getting a very nice polo shirt and wearing it at the event to show you are a licensed Rally-America worker along with a licensed photo hard card. You can sign up on the [url]www.rally-america.com[/url] website by going into the tab called “rally information” scroll down to the end where it says forms and print off the application. You can send it in with $10.00’s and a small photo of yourself and they will make a very nice hard card showing you as a licensed worker with a title on it! Then you are in the worker database for all organizers to see and they may call on you to help out at other Rally-America sanctioned events. Plus, later there will be some prizes giving out to workers to show their appreciation for your help at these events. So far we have had a great turn out of workers getting themselves licensed at other R-A sanctioned events. Also we will have some forms at the volunteer registration room and you can send it in on a later date or give it to me and I will send in the monies and pictures if you have one at that time. This is optional and not mandatory.

So if I have not heard from you yet, please send me a note via e-mail or call me (e-mail is [email]marymountdenise@aol.com[/email] and home phone – 562-860-9861). If you are interested in volunteering, and have some questions do not hesitate to e-mail or call. If it is in regards to communications; please contact Alvin Brown at [email]kd6uzm@verizon.net[/email] and/or Paula Gibeault at [email]gibeault@earthlink.net[/email] (Co-Chief of Communications) and we will get right back to you. At this time these are the areas that need to have volunteers:
• Control Marshals
• Communication Operators- licensed ham operators
• Spectator Marshals
• Service Area Stewards (coordinating and set-up for the competitors
service crew)
• Tech Assistants (helping the Chief Scrutineer to inspect the rally
cars for competion)
• Service Crew registration assistants
• Course Closing/Sweep

As soon as you sign up, there will be more Treeline newsletters sent out with update information relating to the event with a schedule of the event, locations, maps, etc. So hope to hear from you soon!

Otherwise, thanks for your support, and thanks as always for doing such a great job.

Denise McMahon
Co-Chairperson
[email]marymountdenise@aol.com[/email]