SoCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Lake Forest: 2002 WRX Sedan World Rally Blue 61K Miles 5-Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:45 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX WR Blue Pearl
Lake Forest: 2002 WRX Sedan World Rally Blue 61K Miles 5-Speed

Need to sell my Suby. It has the following:

Chassis
-Praxis Computer Controlled Cockpit Adjustable Sports Suspension. This is an amazing suspension. With the push of a button you can raise or lower the suspension, which also changes the spring rate to go from driving in town comfortably to a high spring rate when wanting to get aggressive. It includes externally-adjustable inverted-monotube dampers made by H&R, air-springs, compressor, Valve-block/air-dryer assembly, ECU, Height-sensors, Accelerometer, 11.4 Gallon Storage reservoir, as well as a Cockpit button for height/spring rate adjustment. Currently the trunk liner is removed because I want people to see the system. The trunk is still perfectly usable without the liner. This system's MSRP is $3,695. Labor to install it is ~$800. You can see more info in my thread here

-Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit. The ALK replaces and relocates the rear mount of the front transverse link (a.k.a. front control arm) providing additional caster angle for better turn in and steering response. Costs ~$200 and ~$120 to install.

-Front and Rear Whiteline Strut bars. Strut tower bars stiffen the chassis thereby creating a more responsive and better handling ride. These strut tower bars are made from lightweight but strong aluminum. Costs ~$280 and ~$80 to install.

-Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar. Also stiffens chassis for better suspension/throttle/steering response. Costs ~$145 and ~$80 to install.

-Hotchkis Front And Rear Swaybars with Whiteline Rear Endlinks. These improve cornering ability by keeping the car flatter in turns. The front bar is brand new and has not been installed. Costs ~$460 and ~$80 to install.

-Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Perhaps the most under-rated modification. These simple bushings replace the soft rubber bushings that cause vague and uncommunicative handling and improve steering feel and response as a result. Costs ~$35 and ~$80 to install.

-Kartboy Rear Subframe Bushings. This kit is designed to lock the front of the rear differential support outriggers where they mount to the body. Reduces rear-end float particularly during acceleration. It also delivers more precise handling and chassis response from the rear. Costs ~$30 and ~$80 to install.

-STI "Group-N" Engine, Pitch Stop and Transmission Mounts. These are designed to reduce excessive transmission and motor motion during shifting, acceleration, deceleration, and cornering. This is done by increasing material stiffness of the stock mounts. By decreasing these motions, more energy is focused to the drivetrain rather than spent twisting the transmission or shifting the engine. Costs ~$210 and ~$160 to install.

-Rear Differential Protector. Helps protect the rear differential and is also handy as a jacking point. Costs ~$80.

-Goodridge Stainless Braided Brake Lines. Increases brake feel and prevents a spongy brake pedal. Costs ~$100 and ~$120 to install.

Exterior
-Orciari Headlights. These european beam pattern lights are based on the WRC cars' design. They feature Hella optics. Electronic motors for leveling of the headlight are included in the headlight, but needs to be wired up to a switch. I didn't wire up the switch since the Praxis suspension automatically keeps the car leveled under different load conditions. Costs ~$800 and ~$160 to install.

-22B Spolier by MRT Rally. Based on the legendary 22B, this spoiler features a 3-position adjustment. Costs ~$800 and ~$660 for paint and labor to install.

-Prodrive P-1 17" wheels. A 10 spoke design inspired by the wheel used on the Subaru Impreza WRC rally car. The wheel brings rally performance and durability to the road with an impressive strength to weight ratio. The wheel is manufactured by O.Z. Racing in Italy and is anthracite in color. Cost ~$1000.

Interior
-Subaru Momo Shift **** Cost ~$84
-Autospeed Brushed Billet Aluminum Shifter Trim with engraved WRX logo Cost ~$60
-Center Armrest Extension. Easier to rest arm on and provides additional storage.
-Factory Upgraded Sound System. Includes subwoofer, upgraded speakers, as well as tweeters.

Transmission
-Kartboy Short-Shift Lever with STi linkage and Kartboy Front and Rear Shifter Bushings. Linkage and lever provide shorter throws with better feel. Bushings eliminate excessive play in the system for a more solid gearchange. Cost ~$160 and ~$120 for labor.

Exhaust
-Prodrive Oval-Tip Cat-Back Muffler. Provides great Boxer sound without being loud. Considered the best muffler for the WRX.

I am the only owner of the car and had it since new. It has always been garaged. It has a clean title and has never been in an accident. It does have some scratches and small dings. The spoiler does have light damage to it but it is nothing major. I'm sure I'm not remembering every little cosmetic thing that is wrong with the car. If you are ok with a 5 year old car that looks like it is 5 years old then you shouldn't be worried. Mobil 1 engine oil has been used exclusively and has been changed every 3k miles. Speed bleeders are installed for easy servicing. Motul brake fluid along with Royal Purple transmission fluid have always been used. Denso Iridium spark plugs are currently installed for quality. Also included will be the factory car cover along with factory rims, factory suspension, and factory exhaust.

Kelly Blue Book value is $14,860 in excellent condition. I will be more realistic and say that this car is in fair condition, which is $12,715. The upgrades are valued at ~$11,000. I will sell the car with all upgrades for $15,000.

PM me with any questions. I will try to respond quickly, but I work 12 hour days and have a baby so it may be the weekend when I get to respond. Click on the image below for larger versions.