SoCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2001 Impreza RS2.5 Sedan, Black, 5-Speed MT, Stock, 1 Owner (Los Angeles, $3800 OBO)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 01 RS
SOLD!!! - 2001 Impreza RS2.5 Sedan, Black, 5-Speed MT, Stock, 1 Owner

SOLD!!!

Make and Model: Subaru Impreza RS2.5 Sedan
Year: 2001
Color: Black Diamond Pearl
Miles: 115,XXX
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Title: Clear title in hand (Registered until April 2013). Car was purchased new and I am the first and only owner.
Asking Price: $3800 OBO (CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS, NO PAYPAL, NO TRADES)
Contact Info: You can PM me or email me at changsinpark at hotmail.com (email me for faster response)
Link for Additional Large, High-Res Pictures: 2001 Subaru Impreza RS2.5 Sedan - Imgur

- Please read the descriptions below carefully:

Exterior:
- JDM rear bumper
- Genuine Cusco rear lip (JDM rear bumper needed to fit)
- JDM taillights
- JDM clear front corner lights
- Painted side skirts
- Body is in good condition, clean with no damage or issues. There are a few dings on the doors and paint chips on the bumper guards on the door.
- Overall, the original factory paintjob is good condition with no fading and good shine.
- Rear JDM bumper and Cusco lip were painted to match body. No fading but there are areas on the bottom of the bumper (especially near the license plate) where the paint is cracking and chipping off. The paint on the lip is in good condition but there are scraps and scuffs on the bottom.
- The factory paint on the front bumper is in reasonable condition and not fading. However, there used to be a Greddy lip kit on the bumper which eventually chipped and wore out large portions of the paint on the lower portion of the front bumper (from rubbing). In addition, the front bumper shows rock chips and scraps on the lower part (from parking and driveways).
- Body matched paint on the side skirts are in good condition with no fading.
- The overall condition of the body and paint is in good condition, with the usual wear and tear of daily driving. The front and rear bumpers are in reasonable condition but it wouldn’t hurt to repaint them.

Interior:
- Non-smoker; Interior is smoke-free
- Interior is stock with black cloth seats
- No tears, extreme wear, or stains in seats.
- Ceiling lining is clean and well intact (no sagging)
- Dash and trim are clean with no cracking, stains, or fading.
- Shift **** and steering wheel shows usual wear of daily driving.
- Carpeting is clean and well intact.
- Factory floor mats are included but the driver’s side is very worn. The other floor mats are in good condition but could use a cleaning.
- Includes the factory altimeter/compass/thermometer guage pack.
- Eclipse heads up display system installed into center pod with 6-disc in-dash changer with line-in stereo jack for MP3 players.
- Two JL 10” subs built into a custom box that sits flush along the back of the trunk (most of the trunk space is preserved) and a Sony amp.
- Overall, the interior is very clean and well maintained with the exception of the normal wear and tear of daily driving shown in the steering wheel, shift ****, and driver’s side floor mat.

Engine/Drivetrain
:
- Engine and drivetrain have never been modded. Other than the exterior cosmetic changes, it has been stock since the day I purchased it new from the dealer.
- Engine currently has a little over 115,000 miles on it with regular oil changes and service.
- Engine runs decently and it is driven daily, but the engine needs work and service and is not without problems (PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY):
- Engine is thought to have a bad head gasket and has an exhaust leak somewhere.
- Car previously passed smog and is currently registered until April 2013. However, because of the head gasket and exhaust issues, the ECU is throwing out a codes and will not be able to pass smog because of the codes (tried clearing the codes but always comes back).
- Car needs 120k major service. You will need to change the all belts (timing, AC, powersteering, etc), hoses, filters (air, oil, fuel), plugs, and fluids (a transmission flush would be a good idea).
- AC and powersteering both work fine, but you can clearly hear the belts slipping when both pumps are under load.
- Clutch and pressure plate were replaced around 80,000 miles (but still chatters when cold, which I guess is just an issue with this generation of Imprezas in general).
- Transmission runs fine with no issues
- Overall, the cars runs decently enough for me to continue using it as a daily driver. However, the engine needs major service to continue running and to pass smog when the registration expires in April 2013.

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
- Suspension and brakes have never been modded. As with the engine and drivetrain, suspension and brakes have always been stock.
- Still on original shocks and springs but suspension still feels fine.
- No major problems, but there are still a couple of issues that need to be addressed (PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY):
- Brakes were changed at around 80,000 miles and should be serviced. Pads aren’t too worn but there is definitely brake chatter from warped rotors that need to be machined.
- Rear wheel bearings need to be replaced (this is another problem that is common to this generation Impreza).
- Stock alloy rims are in great condition with tires that have a good amount of tread left.

- The Impreza is good physical condition with clean paint, body, and interior (although bumpers are decent, can use a repaint). The car runs well enough for me to continue driving daily, but needs the 120k major service and some work done on the engine to clear codes to pass smog (currently registered until April 2013), as well as a brake job and replacement of rear wheel bearings. Everything else on the car functions correctly and without problems.

- Car should be priced fairly ($3800 OBO) taking into account its condition as well as the issues and repairs needed. Threw in a extras that aren’t worth enough to take the time and effort to take off and sell separately (consider these freebies and weren’t calculated into the asking price).

- If interested, contact me (Chris) by PM or email (changsinpark at hotmail.com).

Thanks for looking.

Name:  W8DFW.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  bccVF.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  105.7 KB
Name:  VwM8Y.jpg
Size:  91.9 KB
Name:  DQZD8.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  97.0 KB
Name:  XwpJZ.jpg
Size:  109.7 KB
Name:  oUdhC.jpg
Size:  91.8 KB
Name:  loXwm.jpg
Size:  79.3 KB
Name:  NGJu5.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  datkj.jpg
Size:  107.9 KB
Name:  4WLLH.jpg
Size:  101.2 KB
Name:  WqYze.jpg
Size:  56.3 KB
Name:  f5QeA.jpg
Size:  133.7 KB
Name:  qYJ51.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  119.0 KB
Name:  0gwdp.jpg
Size:  88.2 KB

Last edited by gc8impreza; 09-01-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: sold
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 PM

I emailed all the interested buyers the information about checking out my car this satruday morning.

If you are interested and would like the details for this saturday's open showing, please PM me or email me at changsinpark at hotmail.com and I will send you the info.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Car has been sold! Thanks for all the interest. The car is now is good hands.