Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Test Pilot a NorCal Motorsports for BAIC

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Test Pilot a NorCal Motorsports for BAIC

Just something to consider. How about pushing out a NorCal Motorsports subforum under the BAIC section? Just something to consider.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 AM
spt

Car Info: Proj STI, Evo, JDM 180sx Time Attack, & A3
Thank you for the suggestion. I would like to get the general motorsports section for the site moving first before I create another section.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:30 AM

I think you'll have better success with a subsection for the BAIC. My partners in crime and I have been starting Auto-X threads in the BAIC area for awhile now. Every event, we see more and more Subaru's at events. Probably because of the enthusiasm of the participants. At the last local event, of the 40 cars in our run group, 13 or 14 of them were Subaru's.

I do understand a need of Motorsports at a forum-wide level, but it is just as important at the regional level.

Here are some examples:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/search...archid=1040092

Look for the titles that start with Auto-X: Date - Location or Auto-X: Location - Date.

If you read through the thread, you can see that there are a lot of newcomers who actually come out to the event. As well as a place for us to share pictures, comment on other people's set-ups, and support our forum members.

Last edited by darkonion; 08-27-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
spt

Yes you are right that discussion at a regional level is as important. The problem is if BAIC gets its own motorsports subsection, then other regions may request the same. If every region has its own subsection then it defeats the purpose of having a main motorsports forum. If you want to organize events or talk to others about the events, then please do so within the existing regional forum. If you want to talk motorsports, please use the existing motorsports & competition section.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 PM

I think somewhere along the line, I think I may not be effectively communicating my point and am probably confusing everyone. I would think the objective of having a Bay Area Motorsports subsection is to list upcoming events in the Bay Area/NorCal region. I briefly looked through the motorsport section on the forum, and it seems to me that it is more of a general discussion forum about each respective type of motorsport. There are a lot of discussions about set-up's, performance parts, driving skills, and the listing of events. I don't see how a BAIC Motorsports section would be taking away from the motorsports section. The whole idea for the Bay Area Motorsports section is to simply organize and present upcoming Motorsport events that forum members can participate in.

Events such as SF Region SCCA Solo2 (Auto-X) events, NorCal Track Days, and Rally-X. All events that are more or less only relative to members of the region. In the current motorsports forum, it is a jumbled mess of all type of things. If I were to post an event here in the Bay Area. That would have no relevance to someone on the East Coast and vice versa.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
spt

So you are basically looking for a regional section within the Road Racing / Auto X in order to post events only, correct?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by spt
So you are basically looking for a regional section within the Road Racing / Auto X in order to post events only, correct?
You mean kinda like the meets/events section that already exists?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by spt
Yeah. That's really about it.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Egan
You mean kinda like the meets/events section that already exists?
Yeah. The meets/events section is already pretty big. I think the bulk of the meet/event section are leisurely meets. UCKK, Duke's, XLL, and other random meets.

Technically, we could put Auto-X and track days into there, but I think that it would just get lost.

I think what would be helpful for the BA Motorsports section is if we uniform the titles to be in a certain format. For the Auto-X threads I start, I do something like this:

Auto-X: Location - Day
ex. Auto-X: Oakland - January 1st, 2008

Rally-X: Location - Day
ex. Rally-X: Antioch - January 1st, 2008

Track: Location - Day
ex. Track: Thunderhill - January 1st, 2008

Keeps it nice and clean.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by darkonion
Yeah. The meets/events section is already pretty big. I think the bulk of the meet/event section are leisurely meets. UCKK, Duke's, XLL, and other random meets.

Technically, we could put Auto-X and track days into there, but I think that it would just get lost.

I think what would be helpful for the BA Motorsports section is if we uniform the titles to be in a certain format. For the Auto-X threads I start, I do something like this:

Auto-X: Location - Day
ex. Auto-X: Oakland - January 1st, 2008

Rally-X: Location - Day
ex. Rally-X: Antioch - January 1st, 2008

Track: Location - Day
ex. Track: Thunderhill - January 1st, 2008

Keeps it nice and clean.
So why does it have to be BAIC specific then?

Why can't you just make a Regional Motorsports sub-forum in the Motorsports forum and have each thread state like you have above? I'm not in the BAIC, but I go to Thunderhill 6-8 times a year. The SoCal guys have tons of track days too. You have an interesting idea, but let's not ostercize anyone outside of the BAIC.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:18 PM

I didn't say you shouldn't. You might even consider doing what you did with the regional classified. Have a link to forward you to a regional motorsports subforum.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
I'm going to agree with Darkonion on this one. Maybe you don't want a Bay Area motorsports section, how about a California motorsports section? That way each california region has a sub forum link to it just like the norcal classifieds!

You can make it Norcal Motorsports. Easy enough, why not do it?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
how many subforums do we need...sheesh.

Just post it in the baic and people will talk about it. Don't need a whole seperate forum. This is getting rediculous. Stop making threads.