i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Site Suggestions and Feedback (https://www.i-club.com/forums/site-suggestions-feedback-47/)
-   -   Posting pics via mobile app (https://www.i-club.com/forums/site-suggestions-feedback-47/posting-pics-via-mobile-app-247394/)

subysteez 12-24-2012 03:19 PM

Posting pics via mobile app

so apparently the android version of the iclub app has less features than the I phone one, why is that? I'm unable to post pictures from my phone and therefore can't post my ricer sightings. it's a damn shame.

[SIZE="1"][I]Posted from I-club.com App for Android[/I][/SIZE]

faraco3 12-24-2012 04:58 PM

It might be your OS, I can do everything with my droid.

subysteez 12-24-2012 11:26 PM

[quote=faraco3] It might be your OS, I can do everything with my droid. [/quote]

can you elaborate? for me it seems like the app just doesn't have the options. I can reply to threads or quote, however there is no option for inserting photos... how is this just a problem on my phone

norcalbro 12-24-2012 11:33 PM

Droid razr here. Still have the option to add photos, and it used to work... The last few times I have tried, it force closed the app...

stupidchicken03 12-25-2012 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=subysteez;3334152]can you elaborate? for me it seems like the app just doesn't have the options. I can reply to threads or quote, however there is no option for inserting photos... how is this just a problem on my phone

[SIZE="1"][I]Posted from I-club.com App for Android[/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

What version Android OS is your phone running?

Gingerbread 2.3.0+
Ice Cream Sand which 4.0
Jelly Bean 4.1.0+

norcalbro 12-25-2012 09:55 AM

My razr is on ice cream sandwich.
I'll have a galaxy s3 on jelly bean on Thursday. I'll see if I can post pics from that

subysteez 12-25-2012 12:12 PM

my phone says gingerbread 2.3.6
...is that bad?

stupidchicken03 12-25-2012 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=subysteez;3334254]my phone says gingerbread 2.3.6
...is that bad?

Its multiple operating systems old. The app might not have its full potential running on that OS.

subysteez 12-26-2012 01:16 PM

can I upgrade OS without getting a new phone?

stupidchicken03 12-26-2012 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=subysteez;3334556]can I upgrade OS without getting a new phone?

What phone do you have?

It is possible, but not always advisable.

Older phones typically do not have sufficient hardware specs to run the latest and greatest operating systems.

I would search your phone over on the XDA android forums, you should be able to see which ROMs are best for your phone. If you dont know about rooting/flashing ROMs, it can be tricky and there is always the potential to mess your phone up beyond repair. If you have never done it, read read and read some more before attempting any type of modification to your phones OS.

subysteez 12-29-2012 10:19 AM

I know little to nothing about android modification but thanks for the help, at least I know it's just my weak phone.. stupid companies make new phones every month. this ****s barely a year old. grrr technology.

stupidchicken03 12-29-2012 01:51 PM

Yup. Every 4-6 months the "latest and greatest" phone will become obsolete :ohwell: