i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Site Suggestions and Feedback (https://www.i-club.com/forums/site-suggestions-feedback-47/)
-   -   play store pop up ads. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/site-suggestions-feedback-47/play-store-pop-up-ads-254080/)

queeg9k 09-05-2013 07:28 AM

play store pop up ads.

I have been getting Google play store pop up ads on my android phone while browsing on desktop view. I have cleared cookies and my cache, when that did not work I reset to factory default. I believe it is from this site somehow as it does not happen anywhere else.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't want to play candy crush!

stupidchicken03 09-05-2013 11:40 AM

Havnt noticed it, but I havnt logged in on my phone in the last few days.

Im running Adaway tho anyways and that might/should block it regardless.

rupees88 09-05-2013 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=queeg9k;3445191]I have been getting Google play store pop up ads on my android phone while browsing on desktop view. I have cleared cookies and my cache, when that did not work I reset to factory default. I believe it is from this site somehow as it does not happen anywhere else.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't want to play candy crush![/QUOTE]

Are you rooted? Download the ad-away apk and install that. No ads.

You're welcome.

stupidchicken03 09-05-2013 11:59 AM

and Walker if you need it, just ask ;)

queeg9k 09-05-2013 12:15 PM

Not rooted. Absolutely no odd applications are on my phone. No games or anything. Torque is it LOL. I should not need ad blocking software to browse i-club.

As I am writing this I am noticing the page residing when I scroll left or right. I suspect that has something to do with the new navigation bar wanting search to be centered.

stupidchicken03 09-05-2013 12:18 PM

Take a screen shot when you get the pop ups

queeg9k 09-05-2013 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;3445304]Take a screen shot when you get the pop ups[/QUOTE]

Cant take screen shots.

It just takes me to the "google play store" to the Candy Crush Saga page.

It does not do it on any other forum except for i-club.

speedlimit 09-06-2013 03:46 AM

Hey guys!

IB is looking into it. Thanks!

Bob..:)

queeg9k 09-06-2013 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=speedlimit;3445516]Hey guys!

Bob..:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I am going to back up my phone and do a factory reset this weekend. The site is basicly unuseable till its fixed. Hope its just me and not something IB snuck in there.

TheFozz 09-06-2013 07:48 AM

[QUOTE=speedlimit;3445516]Hey guys!

Bob..:)[/QUOTE]

Cool.

[QUOTE=queeg9k;3445519]Thank you. I am going to back up my phone and do a factory reset this weekend. The site is basicly unuseable till its fixed. Hope its just me and not something IB snuck in there.[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it, but you already know the answer to that. They've also done it on some other car forums. One of the reasons I refuse to download a browser other than factory and when I see a forum go there I stop mobile browsing.

I understand the need for advertising dollars, but IB's stuff becomes invasive in nature and approach. Don't even get me started about how I got a pop-up recently about advise for me to seek professional help.

I was looking at a Chop Topped Merc w/ Suicide doors. :brick:

IB if you read this, it sucks, knock off the excuses. We're tired of it, adults capable of seeing and reading ads, forcing us to have to navigate or click around something is akin to standing in my way at the urinal.

It does us no good and honestly I'll just pee on your feet instead.

[/OlderDude'sRant]

xhengmanx 09-06-2013 08:05 AM

I get them too... annoying as ish.

queeg9k 09-06-2013 08:28 AM

Perhaps we can organize a boycott of i-club till the nav-bar and pop up ads are fixed/removed.

queeg9k 09-09-2013 04:51 PM

After a complete wipe, my phone still experiences this. Any news SpeedLimit?

queeg9k 09-09-2013 05:01 PM

Just got off the phone with IB and they had no idea that i-club desktop view on mobile was OPENING a new program. They have escalated the ticket with Google.

stupidchicken03 09-09-2013 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=queeg9k;3446523]Just got off the phone with IB and they had no idea that i-club desktop view on mobile was OPENING a new program. They have escalated the ticket with Google.[/QUOTE]

When you want things done, do it yourself huh :laugh: