Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Blitz TT: Vacuum hose for boost gauge

Old 12-04-2003, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX WR Blue
Blitz TT: Vacuum hose for boost gauge

I have all the electrical stuff installed, but I'm stuck on where I should hook up the vaccum hose. I know that I can hook it up to the hose off the by-pass valve, but I want to hook it up to the FPR (fuel pressure regulator).

It's just that I'm not exactly sure if I'm looking at the right spot. It's the hose that's circled. I've got all the parts needed, just want to make sure that my boost gauge will work if I cut into here. Thanx
Attached Thumbnails Blitz TT:  Vacuum hose for boost gauge-wrx-engine4.jpg  
Old 12-05-2003, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru impreza WRX
you can hook it up to right there, thats where i originally had mine hooked up to for awhile, but the needle fluctuated a lot, so i moved it because it started to annoy me ( i know its not really a good reason to move it). i later moved it to the hose that was running off of the blow off valve. that line the arrow is pointing does not go tot he fuel regulator. the fuel regulator is on the left side of intake manifold, closes to you, if you are looking in front of the engine. it is pretty easy to spot if you ever seen a fuel pressure regulator. it is a brass, round, and has a vacum line going into the manifold. if you have any question just pm.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:47 PM

Ok, cool thanx! I'm going to go and do it right now and see if everything works out.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Stage 2 upgrade and Formula Ford
I have the same question. Would love to see a picture of the location of the fuel regulator like the excellent one in your post.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:46 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru impreza WRX
i dont have a picture of one right now, but if you pm your email address i can sent you one.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:08 PM

Here's how mine looks now. You can also tap into the hose off the blow-off valve.

https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/page1.html

Here's subaru's own instructions on how to install a boost gauge off the blow-off valve. The only reason why I didn't do it this way is that I don't have much hose to tap into after I installed my GFB blow-off valve (had to cut the hose to make it fit )

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=blitz

Also, check this thread out at NASIOC. There's some pictures there of how to install it off the blow-off valve among other things. If you need anymore help, lemme know.
Attached Thumbnails Blitz TT:  Vacuum hose for boost gauge-boost-line-installed.jpg  
Old 12-16-2003, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Stage 2 upgrade and Formula Ford
I think I can figure it out now.
Any tips on hooking up the electrical?
Mark
Old 12-16-2003, 10:24 PM

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=blitz

This thread at NASIOC should answer all of your questions about the electrical portion of the install. I followed these directions and everything worked out fine. But they keep mentioning a "pink" wire by the e-brake that you're suppose to slice into, but I found no such wire (as did alot of people if you read the post further). All I found was a green wire, so I just sliced into that and I had no problems. Just make sure you get the wiring harness and everything should go well.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Remember too, you're going to get different readings from different places. If you get your readings from at or before the IC you won't see as high readings as from the manifold.

jason
`
Old 07-19-2019, 01:23 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2003
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by p.a.sti
Hey, The fuel psi regulator is the best spot to tee in a boost gauge. Just make sure that the vacc line for the regulator is not crimped on a hard angle. The factory hose is very short. I installed a slightly longer one in a loop fashion. Do not make it too long or the vacc will drop slightly to the reg and your boost gauge.
2019 and this info is still so valuable. My mechanic had hooked it to the Turbo. I swapped it to the fuel reg and I'm now getting the more accurate boost reading even on idle. Cheers!!