Good Airbag Recall Experience at Serramonte Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Good Airbag Recall Experience at Serramonte Subaru

I just wanted to share my experience having my airbag recall at Serramonte Subaru today

My 05 WRX is modified a fair bit with bucket seats, coilovers, cage and E85 so when I got my airbag recall notice I was nervous about taking my car in and leaving it with strangers (it sounds paranoid but I've read horror stories on the internet about people's experiences at other places). Anyways I took it to Serramonte Subaru and the guys at the service desk were amazing to deal with.

Two of the guys at the desk have modded Subys and are on i-club and they promised me my car would be treated right, held onto my keys until it was time for the work to be done and a few hours later when i picked up the mileage was exactly the same and she was sat out front right where the guys could see her.

They also gave me a new Imprezer as a loaner which was convenient.

Overall it was a good experience. Very professional bunch of people.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I had a good experience at Cherry Hill Subaru in New Jersey. No joyrides in my car and I got a Leggy as a loaner. I did go over to the SOA headquarters down the street from the dealer. They would not even let me in the building.

They told me they needed all day. I saw my car get pulled into a bay and someone started working on it. I asked the service writer "Now that they are actually working on it, do you know how long it will be?" He told me it would be 5pm. I had got there when they opened at 7am and decided to go get some breakfast. After breakfast I realized the USB port in the new Leggy SUCKS, it constantly tries to Sync with my phone and would not let me use my GPS. I decided to go get a cigarette lighter charger out of my car back at the dealer. I got there at perhaps 9am and they said my car was done.

I know they don't like to get peoples hopes up that a repair will be quick but come on. It is an hour drive to Cherry Hill NJ from King of Prussia Pa.

Other than that is was a good experience.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
That's how Maita Subaru in Sac treated me as well. I think there was something like 0.02 miles added to the trip odo lol (pulling it around in the bay etc).

I did swap on my valet map just in case, but all was well! I returned the loaner Forester they have me the following day when I picked the STi up.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 99 RS
Glen - You probably spoke to James (kingjames_115), Lorenz, or maybe Gabe.

All of them are very cool people. They'll definitely take good care of you and your car.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:28 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Yeah, thanks for posting this...i've been holding off on getting the airbag fix because of this exact reason.

Hmmm...is it worth me burning a whole day and going up to Serramonte Subaru from South Bay just for the reassurance?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
So far my experience with Stevens Creek will have me for sure never going there again. Though they always take care of things after the fact, the simple fact that I have to keep going back after doing anything there is pissing me off. I just got my registration and found they will not issue my tags due to an emissions related recall. WTF? So I look it up and it is the air pump relay recall which was supposed to be done at the same time as my airbag. Naturally since it was done at Creek, they have no record of doing it and no way of telling me if they can even tell if it was done. They've always treated me well so I am really disappointed that they just can't do anything right.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:02 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I was also burned by Stevens Creek.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...3/#post3651153
Old 09-25-2017, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
Finally took mine in to Oakland. I didn't know they had to order it so I made an appt online thinking they would have the airbags in stock since they were doing so many (in my mind at least) Anyway, about 2 weeks later they called and I made another appt. I asked about a loaner since it would take all day and I needed a ride to work so they gave me a Crosstrek. Smooth sailing.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by jumpman
Glen - You probably spoke to James (kingjames_115), Lorenz, or maybe Gabe.

All of them are very cool people. They'll definitely take good care of you and your car.
james and jared work there
Old 09-28-2017, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 99 RS
Originally Posted by slugrx
james and jared work there
Yup!

Another positive review at Serramonte Subaru. I just dropped off my brother's car today to do the airbag recall about 9:15 in the morning and it was done around 3:00pm.

James, Jared, Lorenz, Gabe, and the crew at Serramonte Subaru will take very good care of you and car.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:37 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Took the car to Fremont Subaru to fix what Stevens Creek didn't do and I was very pleased with them. Nice staff, very responsive, and easy to deal with. I just switched to them as my official dealer now on MySubaru.com
Old 10-02-2017, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I was also burned by Stevens Creek.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...3/#post3651153
Eeek, glad I have yet to deal with anything like that.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:14 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by 04GG
Took the car to Fremont Subaru to fix what Stevens Creek didn't do and I was very pleased with them. Nice staff, very responsive, and easy to deal with. I just switched to them as my official dealer now on MySubaru.com
That's what I should have done from the start. Stevens Creek used to be convenient for me. Fremont is now more convenient.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:32 PM

Car Info: (sold)2004 WRB STi, MY05 WRX Wagon
Has anyone brought in their car to the SJ Subaru dealer? I used to take my STi there for maintenance but havent since (sold the STi). Wanting to know because I want to see which dealer I should start bringing my wagon to. Closest dealer to me is the Subaru in Livermore.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:19 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
+1 on this

Just came back from Serramonte Subaru for the airbag recall--been dreading it because i don't trust garages/valets with my car (I'm very particular about who i bring my car to, only a select few places).

thanks for the advice glenspen!

Jared took care of me, cool cat, he made me feel comfortable and they took care of my baby! Totally appreciate the service from them.

Didn't even have to reprogram my radio stations

Great choice, and another reason to appreciate i-club!