i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine (https://www.i-club.com/forums/show-shine-212/)
-   -   Official RED Subaru Gallery (https://www.i-club.com/forums/show-shine-212/official-red-subaru-gallery-69271/)

Red Bar0n 11-09-2004 07:02 AM

Paint chip panic

[QUOTE=kwiktsi]Lol, I traded in an 03 Mustang GT convert when I got the WRX- it was a year and a half old with 11k miles on it and had no chips in the front end or hood anywhere. The WRX is a couple of months old, has 1200 miles on it and has about a dozen chips on the front end, hood and fenders!!! Really thin paint on this thing!!!
Joe[/QUOTE]

Yeah,

Once I get back on track in the job area. I am gonna start a little fund to save for a real good paint job. So when my car becomes one big paint chip on wheels I'll have some cash to bring back the red dash.

kwiktsi 11-09-2004 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=Red Bar0n]My sister bought me some turtle wax for Christmas. Sorry, I don't have a recommendation in that area of car care. Yeah waxing your car is such a laborious task. And then your paint has the swirls and scratches etc. I always find some small left over wax spots I miss. Ugh.

However,

About 2 weeks ago my friend let me use his place to wash our cars (I'm at an apartment) and he used this great stuff to clean the rims. I had this spray my sister bought for me in a kit. It worked OK. But, I HIGHLY recommend Turtle wax chrome cleaner for your rims. It worked almost like magic when getting the shmutz and brake dust off and the rims looked almost like new.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend the McGuires Tech Wax. It is awesome stuff and leaves it feeling ultra slick. Works about as well as my Zaino and costs a HELL of a lot less. It outshines Zymol in my opinion also. It is also softer than the typical paste waxes, so it doesn't scratch and swirl as easy, but still does to an extent- that is just the pain on these cars lol. I did my landlords mini for him and it came out awesome, no swirls whatsoever!!!

As for the rims, I haven't used the Turtle Wax chrome cleaner- is it a spray? I use Westleys Bleeche White (or however they spell it- I know it is not Bleach lol) on the wheels and it cleans them really well too.
Joe

RussA 11-09-2004 08:48 AM

RainX makes a pretty good wax. you wash your car, then spray it on... I've used it a few times and its been great.

Red Bar0n 11-09-2004 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=kwiktsi]I highly recommend the McGuires Tech Wax. It is awesome stuff and leaves it feeling ultra slick. Works about as well as my Zaino and costs a HELL of a lot less. It outshines Zymol in my opinion also. It is also softer than the typical paste waxes, so it doesn't scratch and swirl as easy, but still does to an extent- that is just the pain on these cars lol. I did my landlords mini for him and it came out awesome, no swirls whatsoever!!!

As for the rims, I haven't used the Turtle Wax chrome cleaner- is it a spray? I use Westleys Bleeche White (or however they spell it- I know it is not Bleach lol) on the wheels and it cleans them really well too.
Joe[/QUOTE]

It is not a spray. It is in a small white bottle.

kwiktsi 11-09-2004 11:44 AM

OK, I know the stuff then. I used to use it on my chrome Redline BMX when I was younger lol. It is like a reddish-tan color I think?
Joe

Red Bar0n 11-09-2004 12:32 PM

Nice

[QUOTE=kwiktsi]I got this one because it *WAS* red. too many blue, silver and black WRX's running around lol. I like the look of the black wheels on the car above- it was a thought for this one also, not too sure what wheels though. I used to have a set of 17" ADR Kasais in "black chrome", I inquired about them but apparently (according to ADR) it was a limited production color, so I am sol with that option lol..
Joe

edit- I only included the console pic because I have seen various questions here and there about what the 05 console looked like.[/QUOTE]

I was torn between the sedan vs the wagon. I love the way the sedan looks with the premium package.

Considering the wagon was a little cheaper, I decided to use the money I saved for a few mods I wanted. Me likes short throw shifter, ugh ugh.

Magish 11-09-2004 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=subimp6u08]here's mine just added HID kit ![/QUOTE]
Your car looks great... I love the HID'ed JDM/EDM (i can't tell) headlights with the red and gold wheels.
Cheers
-Jeff

kwiktsi 11-09-2004 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Red Bar0n]I was torn between the sedan vs the wagon. I love the way the sedan looks with the premium package.

Considering the wagon was a little cheaper, I decided to use the money I saved for a few mods I wanted. Me likes short throw shifter, ugh ugh.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I considered the wagon for the price savings, but a 4 door was a big enough step for me lol.. Stupid question- every WRX I have seen has the "premium package", so I haven't been able to compare, but what is the difference?
Joe

Red Bar0n 11-10-2004 03:40 AM

The premium package comes with a wing and moon roof and a few other things like heated mirrors / seats (I think). I am not a big fan of huge wings on the trunk, but the WRX with out the subtle wing looks naked to me.

CUNNINGHAM 11-14-2004 06:45 AM

Big Red

I hope these work

kwiktsi 11-14-2004 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=Red Bar0n]The premium package comes with a wing and moon roof and a few other things like heated mirrors / seats (I think). I am not a big fan of huge wings on the trunk, but the WRX with out the subtle wing looks naked to me.[/QUOTE]

OK, yeah mine has all of the above. I thought it was odd to have heated seats with anything but leather- but like any other "unecessary" option on cars- you use it all the time :).
Joe

Froride1 11-19-2004 03:17 PM

A few pictures in the hills.

Ahzlon 11-29-2004 07:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]204125[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Ahzlon/Union%20Rally-X/DoubleRuns.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Ahzlon/12.jpg[/IMG]
[ATTACH]204126[/ATTACH]

RussA 11-29-2004 10:14 PM

very nice pics ahzlon... &:)

Onizuka 11-30-2004 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=Froride1]A few pictures in the hills.[/QUOTE]

You should come out to some of the Sunnyvale/Saratoga meets man!!! :)

-GDO