i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Who Snowboards/Ski's (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/who-snowboards-skis-247179/)

SEXMYWRX 12-15-2012 07:44 PM

Who Snowboards/Ski's

Anyone down to kick it, snowboard/ski and kick it and have a subaru meet!

M0n3y 12-21-2012 04:35 PM

Tahoe loves the military. I occasionally cut out of work on fridays to hit Boreal for frickin' Fridays. We get $15 lift tickets for night runs. And then of course Squaw is free for us every day except saturday, so that's been my Sunday ritual since opening day of the riding season. It's still my first season boarding, but I can crush the Gold Coast run pretty well. Parts of the Mountain Run are still slightly out of my skill range, but then again, with an extra 2ft of powder laid down since last week (and more coming), it makes for a lot different (and way better) riding experience

04caliwrx 12-21-2012 05:37 PM

We have a Tahoe meet going up in February

krothery 12-21-2012 06:55 PM

money's tight atm but id be down depending where. I snagged a boreal college pass for $99, as i do every season. i usually try and go at least once a week but that might change because im moving back to rocklin and will be working most weekends.i heard this storm is supposed to dump 4-5 ft of snow? expecting 6-10 inches here in reno tomorrow.

subylicious 12-21-2012 09:04 PM

Hello planning to board tomorrow in siera. Is it storming up there?

k-dogg39 12-21-2012 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=subylicious;3333188]Hello planning to board tomorrow in siera. Is it storming up there?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Been snowing off and on all day, and will be for the next few days.

SEXMYWRX 01-03-2013 02:24 AM

i usually tend to riding boreal on the weekends. if any of you guys up on the weekends, look for a 2012 wrx sedan, black... has yeeyeeyee across the windshield.

w0ng3r 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

I'm up in Truckee, is there a spot where I can bring my subbie to play in the snow? :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using i-Club

RM3851 01-08-2013 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=w0ng3r;3338780]I'm up in Truckee, is there a spot where I can bring my subbie to play in the snow? :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using i-Club[/QUOTE]

Take Brockway Road south-east toward 267. Over by the tennis courts, is an ice rink and a smaller, lower level parking area. Perfect little circle area to do a few... :wavey:

I was up for the NYE, and did a little show for the kids. Earned :peace::thumb:: banana : from both the parents and the kids ice skating. Wifey didnt mind it either. Everybody won.

Seriously tho, its away from the main road and usually only a few cars are parked on the upper parking, since its a parking for the ice rink and sledding on the left from the tennis courts. Not many ppl do it.
But have fun. I was up and there was a thin layer of snow left from the storm, but with a fresh powder its a nice spot. Have fun and GL!

cwc16 01-08-2013 10:02 AM

I always ride alpine boreal and squaw! I'm up abou every other weekend with my dad! Hit me up if anyone wants to ride! Skiing ftw!

w0ng3r 01-08-2013 11:04 AM

[QUOTE="RM3851"]

Take Brockway Road south-east toward 267. Over by the tennis courts, is an ice rink and a smaller, lower level parking area. Perfect little circle area to do a few... :wavey:

I was up for the NYE, and did a little show for the kids. Earned :peace::thumb:: banana : from both the parents and the kids ice skating. Wifey didnt mind it either. Everybody won.

Seriously tho, its away from the main road and usually only a few cars are parked on the upper parking, since its a parking for the ice rink and sledding on the left from the tennis courts. Not many ppl do it.
But have fun. I was up and there was a thin layer of snow left from the storm, but with a fresh powder its a nice spot. Have fun and GL![/QUOTE]

Yesss thanks, gonna check that out later, :D

[QUOTE="cwc16"]I always ride alpine boreal and squaw! I'm up abou every other weekend with my dad! Hit me up if anyone wants to ride! Skiing ftw![/QUOTE]

Skiing ftmfw, I tried snowboarding yesterday for the first time, never been so sore doing snow sports, although I'm pretty sure I saw Shaun White yesterday, lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using i-Club

SEXMYWRX 01-13-2013 04:49 PM

I'm going up this weekend to boreal

subiejames 01-30-2013 08:14 PM

I'll be up at boreal Saturday! Lets get a little subie meet going and have some fun in the snow

cwc16 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

fuuuuu i cant this weekend! but next im gonna be up riding alpine during the day and boreal every night! if anyone sees skier in a wrb hawkeye with do luck trunk say hi!

subiejames 01-31-2013 02:04 AM

ill be going next week too since I have a night season pass, if I see your hawkeye ill park near you lol I'm in a black bugeye on gold sti wheels.