i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Where to top out? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/where-top-out-247341/)

M0n3y 12-21-2012 04:41 PM

Where to top out?

So I was just curious if there's any place that I can legally "open her up" to see how fast she'll go without paying for a drag strip. I don't really care about time or racing. I'm just curious where my '12 wrx will top out at. 10 minutes is all I want without trying to get into a huge "event"... closed roads? abandoned airports? Anything like that? Anywhere say, north of Fairfield, west of Reno, south of Chico?

bobb126 12-21-2012 04:45 PM

Can I ask why you really want to top your new WRX out? If I was going that fast, I would want to pay that extra little fee at a strip or a track to have the ambulance ready if something goes wrong.

Going from 0-100 is more fun than going from 80-140 anyways.

M0n3y 12-21-2012 04:57 PM

Why not? Just pure curiosity. This car wasn't really designed to be a drag car in the first place. Besides, most drag strips require roll cages, water instead of coolant, and slew of other things that I don't really care to invest in. Just seems like my car really starts to pull around 80mph and I'm not immature enough to go beyond that on a public road. I want to see where goes stock, and then I'll have something to compare it to when I finally go stage 2. You can debate hp numbers all day, but i'm not trying to get into a pissing contest. I just want it for my own gratification.

But I suppose you're right. A drag strip would be the smartest way to go about it. You know any place that will let me run my stock car (as in no mods, not race car) down the line without anything more than maybe a helmet?

SkizzDawg 12-21-2012 05:50 PM

Salt Flats out in NV..

1JavaBlk_in_Sac 12-21-2012 06:09 PM

you don't need 10 min. to see how fast your car will go.

bkblitzed 12-21-2012 06:18 PM

really?

RAWeiss 12-21-2012 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=1JavaBlk_in_Sac;3333127]you don't need 10 min. to see how fast your car will go.[/QUOTE]

lol this

honestly it sounds like you're putting the whole thing up on a pedestal bud, night time or early AM + the right freeway(ill let you decide..) and some ball sackage and you should be golden :thumb:

Snoopy408 12-21-2012 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=RAWeiss;3333141]lol this

honestly it sounds like you're putting the whole thing up on a pedestal bud, night time + the right freeway(ill let you decide..) and some ball sackage and you should be golden :thumb:[/QUOTE]

and some ball sackage :lol:

Gancherov 12-21-2012 07:02 PM

Let me save you the trouble. You're going to hit 160, maybe, and let off because it's going to lose aerodynamic stability, even though the car could do another 7-10mph in the right conditions.

After the big turbo? Same ****, but you might get there a bit faster.

thejordan 12-21-2012 08:09 PM

Top out into a door of dicks

-TOUGEMONSTER- 12-21-2012 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=M0n3y;3333106]Why not? Just pure curiosity. This car wasn't really designed to be a drag car in the first place. [B]Besides, most drag strips require roll cages, water instead of coolant, and slew of other things that I don't really care to invest in.[/B] Just seems like my car really starts to pull around 80mph and I'm not immature enough to go beyond that on a public road. I want to see where goes stock, and then I'll have something to compare it to when I finally go stage 2. You can debate hp numbers all day, but i'm not trying to get into a pissing contest. I just want it for my own gratification.

But I suppose you're right. A drag strip would be the smartest way to go about it. You know any place that will let me run my stock car (as in no mods, not race car) down the line without anything more than maybe a helmet?[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, whoever told you that you needed all those "requirements" to run at a drag strip, is plain wrong.At least at your cars current state. You won't be going anywhere fast enough where you will need those modifications. All you would need if runnning faster than 14et, is a helmet. All the other stuff is only needed when running in the 10s/11s.

nic3krnnamja83 12-21-2012 09:00 PM

He claims not to be immature, but his post is screaming 16-21 YOA

Brfatal 12-21-2012 09:14 PM

Since when are roll cages and water instead of coolant required for a 13 second car on any drag strip in the United States? :crazy:

Volkey 12-21-2012 09:20 PM

Your car is "quick" not "fast"

Go hit some windy roads and thats where you will see what your car "can do"

Trakjunky 12-21-2012 09:39 PM

Lol if you're in marysville and don't know where to go, then you haven't lived here very long. But yeah pointless to try and top out a Subaru. Now if you had like a Z06 vette or something like that, (I had one). Different story. It has the aerodynamics to go over 160 and feel like your only doing 90. Don't ask me where I did that but there are plenty of long straight roads around the yuba/sutter area that noone is ever on.