i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   State Referee (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/state-referee-226084/)

NocturnalNinja 12-04-2010 07:59 PM

State Referee

So my friend was driving my car and he got pulled over in downtown davis and a police officer wrote him a ticket and it says that it must be cleared at referee. My brother currently drives the car in Sonoma but the ticket is for Yolo county. It was sited for a carbless intake and a loud exhaust. I have to go to court on December 13th. Im running a Greddy Ti-C and the exhaust with no CATs either.

Ive read on the forums and my options seem to be either pay the ticket or fix it so it passes smog.

I also do not have a state ref sticker on the back of my ticket.

I was wondering what my options were thanks.

Irrational X 12-04-2010 09:07 PM

[IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/474/superraped1hr.jpg[/IMG]

thejordan 12-04-2010 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=NocturnalNinja;2984775]So my friend was driving my car and he got pulled over in downtown davis and a police officer wrote him a ticket and it says that it must be cleared at referee. My brother currently drives the car in Sonoma but the ticket is for Yolo county. It was sited for a carbless intake and a loud exhaust. I have to go to court on December 13th. Im running a Greddy Ti-C and the exhaust with no CATs either.

Ive read on the forums and my options seem to be either pay the ticket or fix it so it passes smog.

I also do not have a state ref sticker on the back of my ticket.

I was wondering what my options were thanks.[/QUOTE]

you have to pay to play. end of story. return your car COMPLETELY to stock. take it to a ref station (any station since they're all state run). they'll clear you (you have to pay for a ref appointment). you can then turn in your paper work and other fee payments to yolo county. the ticket is usually around $500. i believe the ref gives you the ref sticker.

cars like yours are the reason why other subie drivers are getting target (i was pulled over in the same area although i'm legal).

iLoqin 12-04-2010 10:23 PM

Regarding the sticker, the OFFICER gives you the sticker, the ref actually takes the sticker off and writes it off. Or something of that nature.

NocturnalNinja 12-05-2010 10:22 AM

If the officer didnt give me a state referee sticker do I still need to get it signed off by a state referee? Does anybody know how many CATs I need to pass smog?

03'EyeBug 12-05-2010 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=NocturnalNinja;2984977]If the officer didnt give me a state referee sticker do I still need to get it signed off by a state referee? Does anybody know how many CATs I need to pass smog?[/QUOTE]

Generally just the 2 in the downpipe but you're going to have to change your catback as well if you're seeing the ref.

Vladi 12-05-2010 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=NocturnalNinja;2984977]If the officer didnt give me a state referee sticker do I still need to get it signed off by a state referee? Does anybody know how many CATs I need to pass smog?[/QUOTE]

Everything smog related has to be OEM just like it came from the factory. No exceptions.

1JavaBlk_in_Sac 12-05-2010 12:46 PM

in your case returning the car to stock is very easy, just an intake and exhaust

deolwrx 12-05-2010 05:54 PM

i got reff'd for an intake and just got the spt one and slapped the carb sticker on it.
took it to reff and passed. went to court and judge had me pay $25 "processing" fee.
but i believe on the loud exhaust they test your db's or you can just go stock and get it signed off by a cop like i did.

Bouncer 12-06-2010 02:53 PM

Also - Everyone needs to quit spreading the rumor that you can just pay the fine and ignore the inspection..

10billion% flat wrong.

You have to get reffed period.. The law states that once you are cited - the car must not be driven on the road until it is inspected - and passes.. Period.. The vehicle could be potentially towed and impounded if caught driving.. Even if you pay the fine...