i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Springs (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/springs-235870/)

tourexy 10-13-2011 01:58 PM

Springs

So I'm really debating between which lowering springs I want to get for the bugeye. H&R, Tein, or Megan. Would be helpful if you guys could point out the pros and cons about all three :) and its price.

A.V.E. 10-13-2011 02:12 PM

what about swift springs?

tourexy 10-13-2011 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=A.V.E.;3149851]what about swift springs?[/QUOTE]

Havent really looked into that how much does it usually cost?

Volkey 10-13-2011 02:40 PM

Cobb

tourexy 10-13-2011 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3149875]Cobb[/QUOTE]

More interested in Tein, H&R, or Megan I need pros and cons about those, but thanks for input though :)

z0rz 10-13-2011 05:27 PM

Tein S Techs drop the car nicely but suck for everything else, H Techs don't have quite the drop but ride/handle better.

Don't know much about H&R but I'm pretty sure they're a more mild version of the S Techs.

Same deal with Megan-- pretty sure they're on par with S Techs.

I guess the important question is: are you ONLY interested in lowering your car, or do you also care about handling and ride quality?

lzykid4life 10-13-2011 05:31 PM

Swift or prodrives if you can find them.

STiWRX06 10-13-2011 05:45 PM

Hey Tou, i've got H&R Sport Springs & they're pretty good for the price, i think i paid 2 hundred something, maybe 3 (really can't remember), but that's for everything you need, which is item price, install, & 4-wheel alignment all at once. They ride pretty stiff (bouncy on rough stuff) but handle good. They have a nice drop too, not sure what it's like for your car, but you've seen mine & can get a pretty good idea. I like the fact that they're colored black too, not some brightass crazy sh*t cuz i really ain't all into that. If they drop like my year then i say go for it, you really can't go any lower with just springs anyways, if i got new shocks to compliment them they'd probably feel/drive even better!:thumb:

tourexy 10-13-2011 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=z0rz;3149981]Tein S Techs drop the car nicely but suck for everything else, H Techs don't have quite the drop but ride/handle better.

Don't know much about H&R but I'm pretty sure they're a more mild version of the S Techs.

Same deal with Megan-- pretty sure they're on par with S Techs.

I guess the important question is: are you ONLY interested in lowering your car, or do you also care about handling and ride quality?[/QUOTE]

What's important to me is a nice drop with a decent quality ride

tourexy 10-13-2011 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=STiWRX06;3149991]Hey Tou, i've got H&R Sport Springs & they're pretty good for the price, i think i paid 2 hundred something, maybe 3 (really can't remember), but that's for everything you need, which is item price, install, & 4-wheel alignment all at once. They ride pretty stiff (bouncy on rough stuff) but handle good. They have a nice drop too, not sure what it's like for your car, but you've seen mine & can get a pretty good idea. I like the fact that they're colored black too, not some brightass crazy sh*t cuz i really ain't all into that. If they drop like my year then i say go for it, you really can't go any lower with just springs anyways, if i got new shocks to compliment them they'd probably feel/drive even better!:thumb:[/QUOTE]

Yea if mines turns out to look similar to yours I'll be satasfied but thats the thing I'm not sure how the thing would look like yet I'll make my decisions soon though Lol

1JavaBlk_in_Sac 10-13-2011 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=tourexy;3150008]What's important to me is a nice drop with a decent quality ride[/QUOTE]
then go with Tein S-Techs.
I had them on my WRX for 3 years, nice drop too (front - 2.2", rear 1.8")
if you wanna just lower your car I think you should go with Tein.

STiWRX06 10-13-2011 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=1JavaBlk_in_Sac;3150069]then go with Tein S-Techs.
I had them on my WRX for 3 years, nice drop too (front - 2.2", rear 1.8")
if you wanna just lower your car I think you should go with Tein.[/QUOTE]

Yo homie, if you go this^ route i'd just wait awhile & see how Daniel (blksupaman) rates them from his experience since he has a bugeye too. That would be the best way to know before you buy imho. Remember Jarek said that Tein makes like 3 different S-Techs with various drops so it's best to research them all before purchasing. I've heard nothing but negative reviews on them but it's all up to you. Ask Jeff how they were too, he briefly had them on before going to their coilovers. I can honestly say that my H&R Sport Springs are pretty good looks & performance wise, just be sure you get the "Sport" ones & not the OEM like replacements which have a much less drop. Just do your homework bro & you'll be just fine!

STiWRX06 10-13-2011 10:35 PM

Oh i almost forgot, they don't make any harsh noises, rattle, or clunk at all like some lowering springs do. I've got that infamous Subie strut clunk though, ****ing sucks man! Oh well, i'll hopefully get some nice coilovers one day.

bobb126 10-13-2011 10:42 PM

[quote=stiwrx06;3150097]yo homie, if you go this^ route i'd just wait awhile & see how daniel (blksupaman) rates them from his experience since he has a bugeye too. That would be the best way to know before you buy imho. Remember jarek said that tein makes like 3 different s-techs with various drops so it's best to research them all before purchasing. I've heard nothing but negative reviews on them but it's all up to you. Ask jeff how they were too, he briefly had them on before going to their coilovers. I can honestly say that my h&r sport springs are pretty good looks & performance wise, just be sure you get the "sport" ones & not the oem like replacements which have a much less drop. Just do your homework bro & you'll be just fine![/quote]

++1

z0rz 10-13-2011 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=tourexy;3150008]What's important to me is a nice drop with a decent quality ride[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "nice drop" though? Slammed or a 1" drop? Even/uneven stance? (most "good" springs leave a larger wheel gap in the front fenders because.. well, that's the geometry of a Subaru). Pretty much every aftermarket spring will be lower than stock.

If you're 100% sold on Tein/H&R/Megan, just Google "wrx ____ springs", surf some threads, see what you like best.