so uhh...what do you guys do for fun around here? haha

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
so uhh...what do you guys do for fun around here? haha

So im not really into driving for fun all that much now that my car has a list of **** to take care of, i am married, and have school loans to pay off for about 30 years or so...

I live down the street from Folsom Lake and all its trails, so i plan to explore those. Google maps shows it has some rocky areas, but im sure those trails are for hor$e$ only maybe there are some cool bike specific trails.

I'm swapping out my triple crown inverted fork on my P3 hardtail for my old 125 Fox RLC and gonna start doing some XC riding to stay in shape. And some DH if you guys share some of your secret stash. I have trail building experience if you have a place to build or maintain.

Anyone longboard? I might get a downhill deck and find a nice hill to bomb.

Also anyone into RC cars/trucks? I've been thinking about getting one since my old one got stolen. I have a Losi 1:18 crawler so if anyone knows some chill spots let me know!

And is the Prairie City rallycross track maintained at all? aka is it worth $5 to get in and slide around? I know there is a truck track too, is that somewhat smooth?

Otherwise i must say its good to be sweatin in the Sac with yall!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
When did you get married? Where the hell have I been?

There are some pretty relaxing trails around Folsom Lake. If you want real trails, you will have to go further up into the foothills.

Check out Singletracks.com or even trails.com

I like Foresthill and Olmstead.

paging nacho...
Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Theres a beefy hill for longboarding on scarborough rd... I ate **** on it once and havnt done it again

The hill starts at the end closest to Sierra College Blvd and goes down to Secret Ravine
Attached Thumbnails so uhh...what do you guys do for fun around here? haha-scarborough-rd.jpg  
Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 PM

Car Info: His: 2006 WRB WRX Hers: 2005 CGM FXT
there is some sweet single track in auburn off 49. clementine loop is the name of one of the trails.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Welcome to Sac! Get ready for the worst part of summer, lol.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 PM

haha damn...i thought we were just getting over it Sparco Corsa + no AC = massive crotch rot. I am good friends with baby powder.

I must say its better than the Bay Area, I go down there every week and its cold as soon as the sun thinks about setting!

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Theres a beefy hill for longboarding on scarborough rd... I ate **** on it once and havnt done it again

The hill starts at the end closest to Sierra College Blvd and goes down to Secret Ravine
haha with the hospital conveniently below. Lets revisit that sometime huh?

Originally Posted by ryball
When did you get married? Where the hell have I been?

There are some pretty relaxing trails around Folsom Lake. If you want real trails, you will have to go further up into the foothills.

Check out Singletracks.com or even trails.com

I like Foresthill and Olmstead.

paging nacho...
Yeah you know...we were standing next to each other in our first grade class picture...yada yada yada...we find eachother on FB a year ago and now im here lol in a SAC!!!

The trails do look really mellow. and sandy. but that was next to the lake so i cant judge them that much. I can't wait for the rain!

Originally Posted by AVAWRX
there is some sweet single track in auburn off 49. clementine loop is the name of one of the trails.
Cool thanks. i plan to do a lot of "loop" things so i can keep eating adalbertos and not regret it
Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
maybe there are some cool bike specific trails.

I'm swapping out my triple crown inverted fork on my P3 hardtail for my old 125 Fox RLC and gonna start doing some XC riding to stay in shape. And some DH if you guys share some of your secret stash. I have trail building experience if you have a place to build or maintain.
http://www.fatrac.org/
http://test.ogrehut.com/

YWIA.

im outa shape but im always down to ride. if its steep/rocky ill rock the Inglis, if you want to do some fast trail stuff ill come out with the CX bike.

if you want to do "the trail" around here check out salmon falls. its not super hard but its a good indicator of what the community built trails around here are like. if you want to do some mashing / practice, theres a good spot on the north shore of the lake in granite bay. area is PACKED with short little trails that are bike only.

anyplace around here you will want to make sure you do 3 things:
1.) bring lots of water. trails get hot fast and unless you are on paved bike trail there is little to no water.
2.) bring 2+ spare tubes. i got 2 flats in 3 minutes and i was just riding on the dirt shoulder of the regular paved trail
3.) get there early. crowds will come on nice days, and on **** days you wont want to be out. in this kind of weather (mild summer) you could probably be OK if you get back by 11am or noon. in really hot weather figure you want to be back at your car by 930-10

if you want to ride this weekend im sure i can rope some people into it... but i fear i will be ****ing useless thanks to this nasty head cold i have.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by AVAWRX
yah clementine is nice, but he said DH... normally when i hear that i think "i dont have the lungs to go uphill so ill just go down..." and iirc clementine has like 3000ft of climbing if you do the whole thing?

http://www.fatrac.org/trails has the trail ratings for difficulty...

id say that salmon falls is misclassified as medium. aside form the first part its not bad at all.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:44 PM
plays well with others

oh and dont forget http://www.bicyclingevents.com/ for all your weeknight and weekend racing needs.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Kyle what are your plans for tomorrow?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
why did you move?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 2010 rock buggy... and a 05 WRX
wow.... u should have moved to auburn... the confluence under the foresthill bridge has some awesome DH trails. u can also do rc crawling there, along with swimming. great little town if u want to be active outside. one thing that is a blast is rock crawling. buy a 3000 dollar toyota and wheel the **** out of it. by far, one of my favs up here...
Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 PM

Yeah we thought about it, but couldn't find any places to live there within the few weeks of searching.

Originally Posted by irrational x
http://www.fatrac.org/
http://test.ogrehut.com/

YWIA.

im outa shape but im always down to ride. if its steep/rocky ill rock the Inglis, if you want to do some fast trail stuff ill come out with the CX bike.

if you want to do "the trail" around here check out salmon falls. its not super hard but its a good indicator of what the community built trails around here are like. if you want to do some mashing / practice, theres a good spot on the north shore of the lake in granite bay. area is PACKED with short little trails that are bike only.

anyplace around here you will want to make sure you do 3 things:
1.) bring lots of water. trails get hot fast and unless you are on paved bike trail there is little to no water.
2.) bring 2+ spare tubes. i got 2 flats in 3 minutes and i was just riding on the dirt shoulder of the regular paved trail
3.) get there early. crowds will come on nice days, and on **** days you wont want to be out. in this kind of weather (mild summer) you could probably be OK if you get back by 11am or noon. in really hot weather figure you want to be back at your car by 930-10

if you want to ride this weekend im sure i can rope some people into it... but i fear i will be ****ing useless thanks to this nasty head cold i have.
yah clementine is nice, but he said DH... normally when i hear that i think "i dont have the lungs to go uphill so ill just go down..." and iirc clementine has like 3000ft of climbing if you do the whole thing?

http://www.fatrac.org/trails has the trail ratings for difficulty...

id say that salmon falls is misclassified as medium. aside form the first part its not bad at all.
Stoked. I can't wait to sift through all those resources. Salmon Falls trail has some awesome pictures of it! Nice trail!

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Kyle what are your plans for tomorrow?
To build a time machine and hang out with you hahaaaa. No hanging out until my bank account is in the triple digits I'm still looking for a job.

oh and dont forget http://www.bicyclingevents.com/ for all your weeknight and weekend racing needs.
yeah about that job thing...any budget races?

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
why did you move?
I almost have a degree in media arts/animation so I moved to where the jobs aren't LMFAOOOOO