i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Road Ragers in Folsom (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/road-ragers-folsom-73981/)

ilmaestro 09-24-2004 07:00 PM

Road Ragers in Folsom

Ok... so after I saw the scandally clad girls on the side of the road, I got up to the intersection of Iron Point road and Bidwell. If you go through the intersection two lanes on the right side of the road merge into the two lanes on the left. I was in one of the right lanes so I had to merge, but nobody would let me in. Finally a gap opened right in front of this truck as I was approaching the end of the temporary lane where there's a barricade in front of me, so I merged in real quick (used my blinker and all).

Of course, right on cue when I merged the dude in the pickup truck that I merged in front slammed on his horn like someone had just stepped on his small dick or something, and I looked up in the rearview to see him about to mow me down with his phat truck as I could clearly see him yelling obsceneties. I don't know what the hell else you are gonna do.... when you gotta merge, ya gotta merge. Some retards should learn to let you in.

Anyways... I cruise down Bidwell to the next light and get into the turn lane to go to the shopping center. While I'm stopped at the light I look over and see the dude hanging out the side of his truck, his face looking like it's about to explode, yelling something at me while the numerous cars in the lanes between us looked over at him like what is this idiot is doing. So I did the only thing I could do from 3 lanes away, and I blew him a nice big kiss. :) I was kinda hoping he'd have a heart attack or something, but the light turned green and I took off.

Why are some people such ridiculous road ragers? It seems like some people go out of their way to get themselves in situations where they can have an excuse to curse at someone out their window. I don't mind pissing people off if they are idiots, but I just don't want someone vandalizing my car in a parking lot or something. Folsom isn't that big of a town and my car stands out a little (since it's not an SUV).

jonathan

RussA 09-24-2004 08:07 PM

I love doing stuff like that to people who get all pissy... it is so much fun. They are hella mad and I blow it off like its a joke, most of the time it makes them more mad, which is really fun.

Example:
Last week I was on my way to the Sac meet. I come up to the exit on Tuxel from west bound 80. Any ways there are three lanes for you to go right... now the lane furthest to the right is a no traffic light lane that gets its own lane when you merge from the off ramp onto Truxel. You are not suppose to stop in this lane. But morons always seem to stop here or go slow because they want to go across 4 other lanes to get into the turn lanes to go into the shopping center... anyways, this guy in front of me is dead stop. I lay on my horn, it freaks him out and he goes and gets over ONE FREAKIN LANE! The second I pass him, he toots back. I stick my hand out and I give a girly wave (hand is up at 90 degree angle and only waving your fingers). He went from a totally pissed off look to laughing histarically.... it was fun. They really need to put up one of those "This Lane Does not Stop" signs.

For those who get Road Rage at me, I give them a friendly wave and smile, blow them a kiss, or give them that girly wink (a slow wink with your mouth wide open). Its fun...

Kostamojen 09-24-2004 10:11 PM

I have too many roadrage merge storys that I think im going to go insane and drive a large tank equiped with gatling guns and bazookas rather than a car.

kidatari 09-24-2004 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=RSA WRX]For those who get Road Rage at me, I give them a friendly wave and smile, blow them a kiss, or give them that girly wink (a slow wink with your mouth wide open). Its fun...[/QUOTE]

Sheesh, I just flip them off. Or yell 'I fscked your wife.' and speed away.

soggynoodles 09-25-2004 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=kidatari]Sheesh, I just flip them off. Or yell 'I fscked your wife.' and speed away.[/QUOTE]
You my friend are living on the edge.
I remember when I use to live in the bay area traffic for one sucked. Two, people went after you if you flipped them off or didn’t let them cut you off. I use to drive to San Jose from Palo Alto every other day to see my ex. One time some guy tried to cut me off so he could get in front of me. I sped up to piss him off and boy did he get pissed. Next thing I know he's tailing me and wanting me to pull over. Then he started to throw crap at my car. I got pissed. I knew he was bigger then me and I knew if I got out of the car he would beat me down like a red-headed stepchild. Lucky for me I was approaching my ex's house and saw that her thug cousin was out in front of the house. I pulled up to the house and stopped. The other driver jumped out of his car and tried to rush me. All of a sudden, my ex.’s cousin comes flying out to meet him and drops him in one blow. I was like "whoa" saved by my ex's cousin. I will never forget that day. People are just plain crazy sometimes.

kidatari 09-25-2004 12:31 AM

That's why you be smart and have a way to escape directly afterwards. I'll insult an idiot's manhood, but not without a way to get out of his way. I'm an *******, but I'm not stupid.

soggynoodles 09-25-2004 12:40 AM

[QUOTE=kidatari]That's why you be smart and have a way to escape directly afterwards. I'll insult an idiot's manhood, but not without a way to get out of his way. I'm an *******, but I'm not stupid.[/QUOTE]
Yea true you always need to have a way out but in my case ( i was in a old vw beetle, and he was in a buick regal.) I was teh slowness :p

ilmaestro 09-25-2004 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]You my friend are living on the edge.
I remember when I use to live in the bay area traffic for one sucked. Two, people went after you if you flipped them off or didn’t let them cut you off. I use to drive to San Jose from Palo Alto every other day to see my ex. One time some guy tried to cut me off so he could get in front of me. I sped up to piss him off and boy did he get pissed. Next thing I know he's tailing me and wanting me to pull over. Then he started to throw crap at my car. I got pissed. I knew he was bigger then me and I knew if I got out of the car he would beat me down like a red-headed stepchild. Lucky for me I was approaching my ex's house and saw that her thug cousin was out in front of the house. I pulled up to the house and stopped. The other driver jumped out of his car and tried to rush me. All of a sudden, my ex.’s cousin comes flying out to meet him and drops him in one blow. I was like "whoa" saved by my ex's cousin. I will never forget that day. People are just plain crazy sometimes.[/QUOTE]
Wow that just gave me some cool visuals in my head. Nice story. The guy who I merged in front of today was definately a testosterone junkie and probably would have loved to take advantage of the 100 pounds or so he looked to have on me. Unfortunately for him, he'll have to wait for another day.

This actually reminded me of another story... (since it's my thread :) )

I was cruising down folsom-auburn in granite bay and got in the left turn lane to turn onto douglass. People who are familiar with this intersection know that there are two left turn lanes. I got in the one on the outer side and when the light was green I turned left with some guy in a 4-runner turning left right alongside me in the inner turn lane. All of a sudden as we are completing the turn he starts to merge into my lane like I'm not even there. I'm sure many of you have experienced this where someone doesn't stay in their turn lane while turning. Well anyways I had to slam on my brakes and swerve to the side, narrowly missing a light pole that's on an island in the street or something. So I honked at the dude and gave him a flash to let him know he almost wrecked me. I was pretty pissed but I don't usually get worked up over this stuff... so I usually just let it go.

But almost immediately after I honked and flashed at the guy, he took that as some sign of agreession towards him and proceeded to slam onto his brakes and come to a near stop, maybe hoping I'd run into him? I swerved to dodge him AGAIN then he proceeded to follow me and turned on his brights as he drove 2 feet off my bumper down douglass. Now of course all I had to do was smoke him, but I've gotten a ticket on douglass once before and I wasn't about to get another one. So, I decided to try another diversion and I opened my sunroof and launched a half full water bottle out the roof straight behind me that looked to have bounced right off the dudes hood and over his windshield. He didn't do anything at first then he started to try to pull up next to me. I knew then that I should probably smoke him and just get out of there, so I did and ended up with a smile on my face. I love my sunroof :)

jonathan

Kostamojen 09-25-2004 01:17 AM

[QUOTE=ilmaestro]All of a sudden as we are completing the turn he starts to merge into my lane like I'm not even there. I'm sure many of you have experienced this where someone doesn't stay in their turn lane while turning.
[/QUOTE]

I dont move when people do that, I just make sure im slightly in front so they see me. I mean, if they are that desperate to hit me, fine, ill take the check. Plus it freaks them out, good stuff

kidatari 09-25-2004 01:36 AM

I let them go where they want to go, and then try to move into the other lane and pass them. But 3/4 of the time, it's just not the right place/time to try that kind of shenannigans.

bemani 09-25-2004 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Kostamojen]I dont move when people do that, I just make sure im slightly in front so they see me. I mean, if they are that desperate to hit me, fine, ill take the check. Plus it freaks them out, good stuff[/QUOTE]

Same when I'm in my Corolla.
I don't move for anybody in my Corolla, but I'm a ***** in my Subaru :p

nachomc 09-25-2004 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=kidatari]Sheesh, I just flip them off. Or yell 'I fscked your wife.' and speed away.[/QUOTE]
I prefer: YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!!!!!!!

I've had a couple people chase me before. One guy on a motorcycle tried to mess with me, but I guess he lost interest as I ran the 3rd consecutive stoplight. A guy in a minivan tried to race me too, but one (15mph) on-ramp at 40mph, and a quick spring to 110mph later, he was done too.

soggynoodles 09-25-2004 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]I prefer: YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!!!!!!!

I've had a couple people chase me before. One guy on a motorcycle tried to mess with me, but I guess he lost interest as I ran the 3rd consecutive stoplight. [/QUOTE]
It's getting harder and harder to run stoplight due to those damn cameras! :p

nachomc 09-25-2004 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]It's getting harder and harder to run stoplight due to those damn cameras! :p[/QUOTE]
Yeah. They didn't have em up in Grass Valley though :)

RussA 09-25-2004 11:09 AM

LMAO, whenever these random people try to race me, in the dumbest spots ever (Sunrise) If they don't give it up and leave me alone, I'll end up boxing them in behind slow cars and then they cannot go anywhere. I'll leave them there for a few miles before I have to make my turns onto other roads, that usually pisses them off :p