New law passed (regarding street racing in Elk Grove)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by norcalcrazy
Laws Are Bull****....****in *******s On Those Harleys Are Pumping Out 140 Db....never See Them On The Side Of The Road...oh....could It Be Because The Same ****** That Issue Those Tickets Also Ride Harleys And Drive Fwd Vehicles That Are Raised To High For Steet Use.....eg , Ch, Roseville....they Can Kiss My Prodrive Exhaust......by The Way My 06 Sti Is Pumping Out 325 Hp.....oh Ya!
or could it possibly be because the aforementioned harleys are exempt from that particular noise law
Old 06-29-2006, 11:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by jdepould
or could it possibly be because the aforementioned harleys are exempt from that particular noise law
They are?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by ThisizBrian
howcome when you go through elk grove on i think I-5, theres a gay *** sign that says slow down, entering a community...yet your on the freeway....i dont get it. Its not like your going through a stoplight or something.
Because you are transitioning from a 70MPH zone to a 65MPH zone (at least as you approach EG from the south on I-5 north).
Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I don't know why you guys always get so scared about this stuff.

Don't drive like a dip**** and you've got nothing to worry about. They're not going to pull over a modified car that's not breaking the law and impound it for street racing. Most cops really ARE pretty cool (there certainly are some who are not). I talk to cops all the time and they're always helpful and friendly. Maybe it's because I'm a white guy in a minivan but maybe it's not - I never had problems in my bugeye either. If you're not out there going full throttle from light to light, living your life a quarter mile at a time, they're not going to mess with you. And if they do stop you, don't cop an attitude like you're some funny man because all that will happen is they will own you and you'll whine about it here.
Let me tell you a story that happened this Monday in Elk Grove:

My co-worker was pulled over on the freeway in EG by the newly appointed EG police. He was not given a speeding ticket or any other moving violation. The reason he was pulled over was for "modified exhaust". He drives a Celica with dark tint, a couple of graphics (including Gruppe-S), goofy wing, lowered, and a small fart can. They popped his hood, but his air intake had a CARB sticker so they did not write that up. They ended up ticketing him for modified exhaust (he only has a cat-back), front tint, and no front license plate. The kicker is that the guy is 50 years old and this used to be his son's car.

So here is a white, professional, older guy driving within the speed limit, who gets pulled over for nothing more than the way his car looks. BTW, he was friendly and cooperative with the two motorcycle officers who pulled him over.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by Egan
Let me tell you a story that happened this Monday in Elk Grove:

My co-worker was pulled over on the freeway in EG by the newly appointed EG police. He was not given a speeding ticket or any other moving violation. The reason he was pulled over was for "modified exhaust". He drives a Celica with dark tint, a couple of graphics (including Gruppe-S), goofy wing, lowered, and a small fart can. They popped his hood, but his air intake had a CARB sticker so they did not write that up. They ended up ticketing him for modified exhaust (he only has a cat-back), front tint, and no front license plate. The kicker is that the guy is 50 years old and this used to be his son's car.

So here is a white, professional, older guy driving within the speed limit, who gets pulled over for nothing more than the way his car looks. BTW, he was friendly and cooperative with the two motorcycle officers who pulled him over.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by jdepould
will i be exempt if i start stuffing a couple harley motors under my hood? lol
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by sybir
lol. I guess the EG PD are really cracking down on anything they can. I used to drive through Citrus Heights from Rancho to Roseville on Sunrise in my Integra and only got stopped once, when someone called me in for .. not breaking the law. But I've never been stopped unjustly in my Integra, 240sx, nacho or wagon. I've seen cops looking for reasons to pop me - like one cop who when he passed me on the freeway after following me for a few miles from work to the hwy 50 leaned way forward and over to look at my front plate to see if it was there (of course it was cuz that's how I roll) but other than that nothing.

I'm not saying that kind of stuff doesn't happen and I guess since it hasn't happened to me I just don't think it's too likely it will be an extremely common occurance. I dunno - with the exception of your friend, Egan, the only people I ever see get stopped and have their hoods popped and such deserve it
Old 06-29-2006, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
wouldn't that be nice
Old 06-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
no because your vehicle is defined as something other than a motorcycle because of other charactersitcs like having more than three wheels.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
no because your vehicle is defined as something other than a motorcycle because of other charactersitcs like having more than three wheels.
quit it with the details you!@
Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
ok then what if i stuck my motor in a harley frame?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

ok then what if i stuck my motor in a harley frame?
that would be retarded if it even worked.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 PM

haha i know, but what about that crazy *** bike with a viper motor in it that does like 400 mph? thats retarded but in a completely different kinda way *edit* hers the link: http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...wk-Concept.htm

Last edited by midnitewrx02; 06-29-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
You know whats retarded, the people i see on cops getting caught when they're running on a sportbike... how the **** can you be so lame?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
You know whats retarded, the people i see on cops getting caught when they're running on a sportbike... how the **** can you be so lame?
as my friend says ( his pop is chp) no matter how fast your are, you can never out run radio.. but i agree, how lame is that!

Quick Reply: New law passed (regarding street racing in Elk Grove)