i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Just got my hood popped by Rancho Cordova PD... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/just-got-my-hood-popped-rancho-cordova-pd-136948/)

davisSTI 06-07-2006 10:34 PM

Just got my hood popped by Rancho Cordova PD...

Hey all,

Just an warning to those Rancho folks, hope this doesn't happen to you.

I work in Rancho and after work my coworkers and I play hoops at a local middle school. I was going home after playing around 7 pm. I pass by a couple of Rancho Cordova PD on the side of the road and before you know it one of them pulls me over. He tells me that my exhaust is too loud and is making a rumbling sound. He tells me that my exhaust has been modified and he ask me to pop the hood so he can take a look. Funny thing is that probably have one of the quietest TBE setup for the STI, catted helix dp and greddy evo 2. In addition this is a residential neighborhood with lots of stop signs and road humps to slow traffic down, so I couldn't have pass him going more than 10-15 mph. Really this road gets congested. Not sure why he thought my exhaust was too loud.

At any rate I get cited for modified intake (K&N Typhoon) and modified exhaust. I believe that I need to make an appointment with a state referee within 30 days, not sure I really and I don't want to look at that stuff right now. I am still kinda pissed he decided to pull me over, I wasn't speeding and my car really doesn't look that modified. Maybe me and my car fit the profile of a street racer....Oh well, you gotta pay to play!

Well I have been on the fence about getting rid of my daily driver and the STI and just getting one car. Or take the STI to the next level. Well, the decision has been made much easier now. No my next car just has to be fast stock.

Take care and thanks to all whom contribute to this forum. It is quite informative.

-Darren.

T-Will 06-07-2006 10:42 PM

Go for a Bugatti Veyron, I hear they're fairly quick stock.

NW OBS 06-07-2006 10:47 PM

What The Man Said ~

[QUOTE=T-Will]Go for a Bugatti Veyron, I hear they're fairly quick stock.[/QUOTE]

Don't mess around, and if he pulls you over again in your new Bugatti... own HIM and the whole F'n five-oh!

RussB 06-07-2006 10:54 PM

time for a 350z.

GT35 STI 06-07-2006 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=RussB]time for a 350z.[/QUOTE]

Ya 350z's are badass... If you want a car to throw off a cliff

BLegacy 06-07-2006 11:07 PM

Most passenger cars do not sound loud at all going 10-15 mph. In fact, they're more than likely just coasting, or above idle. Subarus have a very distinct sound when the exhaust has been modified, even during idle. I don't think very much needs to be done to an STi to catch the attention of a PO: Hood scoop, big wheels/low profile tires, gold brakes (and possibly wheels), big wing, a shiny melon shooter exhaust, and a distinct rumble.

RussB 06-07-2006 11:07 PM

or if you want a car that is pretty quick and handles great without having to modify the crap out of it to get it there.

BLegacy 06-07-2006 11:09 PM

I think he said he wanted a car that is fast(er) without having to modify it.

Buy a C5 or higher. :)

T-Will 06-07-2006 11:12 PM

BMW M5

adizon 06-07-2006 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=davisSTI]
Well I have been on the fence about getting rid of my daily driver and the STI and just getting one car. Or take the STI to the next level. Well, the decision has been made much easier now. No my next car just has to be fast stock.

Take care and thanks to all whom contribute to this forum. It is quite informative.

-Darren.[/QUOTE]

What about a stock EVO IX with just a tune and cams, and maybe a cat-back? I know you may not get the max w/out a downpipe. But in almost stock form, an Evo with those simple mods would be pretty darn fast. Heck that evo with just a custom tune and cat-back would be fast. If you got pulled over there would be nothing the cops could say, can't see a tune nor cams, and the front mount is stock?

What do ya think?

soggynoodles 06-08-2006 12:03 AM

Get a Legacy!

w1ngzer0 06-08-2006 12:26 AM

If he wants to upgrade. He needs to upgrade to this.

[img]https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5596/d1631mu.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5816/d1648pb.jpg[/img]

A nice 200hp ducati. Want exhaust? Don't need it with that power and sound like this.

[url]http://londonbikers.com/files/desmosedici_straight.mp3[/url]

VIBEELEVEN 06-08-2006 12:31 AM

That costs as much as an STi.

TitanSTI 06-08-2006 12:59 AM

[QUOTE=w1ngzer0]If he wants to upgrade. He needs to upgrade to this.

[img]https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5596/d1631mu.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5816/d1648pb.jpg[/img]

A nice 200hp ducati. Want exhaust? Don't need it with that power and sound like this.

[url]http://londonbikers.com/files/desmosedici_straight.mp3[/url][/QUOTE]
you owe me a new pair of shorts, and a new key board. i literally exploded when i saw that. **** man, atleast warn us!!!

GT35 STI 06-08-2006 01:17 AM

wrong thread

Sky92x 06-08-2006 07:31 AM

So he noticed your downpipe was aftermarket, or just your catback?

soggynoodles 06-08-2006 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=Sky92x]So he noticed your downpipe was aftermarket, or just your catback?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking he just saw the muffler and decided to send him to the ref. If an officer can't figure it out, he'll send you to the ref. The ref will then decide.

davisSTI 06-08-2006 09:07 AM

I agree with Soggy, I think he saw the muffler and intake and just sent me to the ref. I really don't think he know what he was looking for.

In terms of what I am going to get next, I will probably get rid of my daily driver (05 G35) and my project car(05 STI) and just try to get one car that will satisfy both needs. Looking at either the E60 M5 or new E63 AMG.

I have been trying to tell the wife that we need to buy a cabin in So. Lake Tahoe(Nevada side) and I can register my cars in Nevada. I don't think they have smog in Nevada.

-Darren.

Kevin M 06-08-2006 09:17 AM

Once he sees the intake, he doesn't need any more reasons to send you to the ref.

Oh, and:
[img]http://kevinjmcdaniel.googlepages.com/stopbreakingthelaw.jpg[/img]

VIBEELEVEN 06-08-2006 09:45 AM

The new spt intake is supposedly carb exempt.

One more reason not to run a coffee can I guess.

Tyler 06-08-2006 09:55 AM

I thought the Typhoon was CARB exempt. He shouldn't be able to send you to the REF for that. Thats why iI bought my Injen intake cuz it has the CARB number right on the intake pipe.

Sky92x 06-08-2006 10:08 AM

cant you just revert it to stock before showing up anyway?

w1ngzer0 06-08-2006 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=BAN SUVS]Once he sees the intake, he doesn't need any more reasons to send you to the ref.

Oh, and:
[img]http://kevinjmcdaniel.googlepages.com/stopbreakingthelaw.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

:werd:

Kevin M 06-08-2006 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Sky92x]cant you just revert it to stock before showing up anyway?[/QUOTE]

That's the idea dude...

BLegacy 06-08-2006 10:14 AM

I was told by a dealership technician (with the highest credentials an auto manufacturer can bestow upon a tech, and experience in smogging cars), that aftermarket intakes on EFI cars (pretty much all cars with an air box) are smog legal, as long as all OEM connections (vacuum hoses, recirculation valves, temp sensors, etc.) are still attached onto the intake and fully functional, and that there are no extra fittings which can result in a non-smog legal status (active fuel or nitrous line; but if they are inactive and disconnected, they're okay).

It's a general misunderstanding that all aftermarket intakes are illegal, unless a CARB EO# is issued for it. This is because most POs don't know which connections are stock and which are illegal, so they write up a citation for illegal modification, and send the car to a ref to verfiy whether or not the intake is legal.

VIBEELEVEN 06-08-2006 10:17 AM

Well said, would a catch can fall under the "illegal mod" catagory?

soggynoodles 06-08-2006 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN]Well said, would a catch can fall under the "illegal mod" catagory?[/QUOTE]

Here's a rule of thumb.

If it blings, it's a ticket.

w1ngzer0 06-08-2006 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=TitanSTI]you owe me a new pair of shorts, and a new key board. i literally exploded when i saw that. **** man, atleast warn us!!![/QUOTE]

I doubt you will ever see this bike on the streets of classy sacramento...lol

VIBEELEVEN 06-08-2006 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]Here's a rule of thumb.

If it blings, it's a ticket.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, that's another reason I havn't bought rims. :D

Mr. Furley 06-08-2006 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN]Pretty much, that's another reason I havn't bought rims. :D[/QUOTE]

I dont even have bling & the ******* still sent me to the ref

Kevin M 06-08-2006 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=BLegacy]I was told by a dealership technician (with the highest credentials an auto manufacturer can bestow upon a tech, and experience in smogging cars), that aftermarket intakes on EFI cars (pretty much all cars with an air box) are smog legal, as long as all OEM connections (vacuum hoses, recirculation valves, temp sensors, etc.) are still attached onto the intake and fully functional, and that there are no extra fittings which can result in a non-smog legal status (active fuel or nitrous line; but if they are inactive and disconnected, they're okay).

It's a general misunderstanding that all aftermarket intakes are illegal, unless a CARB EO# is issued for it. This is because most POs don't know which connections are stock and which are illegal, so they write up a citation for illegal modification, and send the car to a ref to verfiy whether or not the intake is legal.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a carb regulation that specifically states it's illegal, unless explicitly allowed? Just like SCCA classification rules? ;)

soggynoodles 06-08-2006 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=Mr. Furley]I dont even have bling & the ******* still sent me to the ref[/QUOTE]

where you being a prick to him? I've gotten pulled over in Sac for having my front plate too low. He saw my catless tbe and blinging FMIC. He check out the car, asked me to fix the plate location and told me to have a nice day.

VRT Gump 06-08-2006 11:03 AM

What is the legality in having a POPO open your hood. I know that you dont have to open the glove box or trunk unless your are actually being arrested. They will mess with you about it, but they know the laws both ways.

w1ngzer0 06-08-2006 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=Mr. Furley]I dont even have bling & the ******* still sent me to the ref[/QUOTE]

eh? an Sti isn't bling? that's funny.

soggynoodles 06-08-2006 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=w1ngzer0]eh? an Sti isn't bling? that's funny.[/QUOTE]

He has a wrx.

YWIA

w1ngzer0 06-08-2006 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=davisSTI]Hey all,

Just an warning to those Rancho folks, hope this doesn't happen to you.

I work in Rancho and after work my coworkers and I play hoops at a local middle school. I was going home after playing around 7 pm. I pass by a couple of Rancho Cordova PD on the side of the road and before you know it one of them pulls me over. He tells me that my exhaust is too loud and is making a rumbling sound. He tells me that my exhaust has been modified and he ask me to pop the hood so he can take a look. [b][u]Funny thing is that probably have one of the quietest TBE setup for the [size=3]STI[/size], catted helix dp and greddy evo 2. [/b][/u] In addition this is a residential neighborhood with lots of stop signs and road humps to slow traffic down, so I couldn't have pass him going more than 10-15 mph. Really this road gets congested. Not sure why he thought my exhaust was too loud.

[b][u]Well I have been on the fence about getting rid of my daily driver and the STI and just getting one car. Or take the [size=3]STI[/size] to the next level. [/b][/u]Well, the decision has been made much easier now. No my next car just has to be fast stock.

-Darren.[/QUOTE]

Looks like an STi to me.

BLegacy 06-08-2006 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=BAN SUVS]Isn't there a carb regulation that specifically states it's illegal, unless explicitly allowed? Just like SCCA classification rules? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of anything like that. Maybe you're talking about [i]CVC 27156 (c)[/i] which states "(c) No person shall install, sell, offer for sale, or advertise any device, apparatus, or mechanism intended for use with, or as a part of, any required motor vehicle pollution control device or system which alters or modifies the original design or performance of any such motor vehicle pollution control device or system."

The intake must function just like the OEM intake, and have all the necessary attachments. It basically needs to be a direct replacement part. But, it also needs to have all the OEM attachments, too. It's just like installing a catback exhaust, or copper spark plugs, or even headers on a car without the cat converter/manifold combo as long as all all the oem connections are still attached, and you aren't deleting any cat converters.

BLITZSTI 06-08-2006 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]where you being a prick to him? I've gotten pulled over in Sac for having my front plate too low. He saw my catless tbe and blinging FMIC. He check out the car, asked me to fix the plate location and told me to have a nice day.[/QUOTE]
well, not everyone has the kind of gag reflex you do nor would they participate in such behavior.

T-Will 06-08-2006 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=BLITZSTI]well, not everyone has the kind of gag reflex you do nor would they participate in such behavior.[/QUOTE]

OMG :rotfl:

ryball 06-08-2006 12:07 PM

breathalizer

Sky92x 06-08-2006 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=06WRX4ME]What is the legality in having a POPO open your hood. I know that you dont have to open the glove box or trunk unless your are actually being arrested. They will mess with you about it, but they know the laws both ways.[/QUOTE]

if you dont pop your hood, they can have your car towed, and have you arrested.

spontaneous safety checks are legal.

VRT Gump 06-08-2006 12:43 PM

makes sense.
I just hope that when I do get some mods on my WRX that I dont get hooked up for it. that would suck.

sybir 06-08-2006 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=w1ngzer0]Looks like an STi to me.[/QUOTE]

Uh, dude, Furley has a WRX.

-j- 06-08-2006 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=BLegacy]
It's a general misunderstanding that all aftermarket intakes are illegal, unless a CARB EO# is issued for it. This is because most POs don't know which connections are stock and which are illegal, so they write up a citation for illegal modification, and send the car to a ref to verfiy whether or not the intake is legal.[/QUOTE]

I found that out personally. No matter what paperwork I showed the po-po it was off to the ref. Everything was legit!

Ref just said, "they send everyone to us". It's a money maker for sure. SMOG check and then court fees. Judge just threw it out of court, but still payed $10 plus my day off.

BLegacy 06-08-2006 01:31 PM

Why would they arrest you, and on what grounds, if you don't want to open your hood? I don't think they'll arrest you, but they can make the whole situation difficult for you. "You gotta be where in 5 minutes? Sorry, since you don't want to open your hood for me, and I have the legal authority to check to make sure your vehicle is not in a hazardous state, I'm going to have to your vehicle to a _____ and then determine if it's in proper working order. However, you're free to go about your business. I'll call you when we're done."

POs are only allowed to check things that are in plain view. If they start opening panels and ****, then, they're violating the law. The solution? Black metal panels over things that you don't want seen in plain view. Hell, put some tamper-proof screws on them so they can't remove it. I don't know if I'd go as far as putting a key lock on them, though. Even though they'll need a warrant, a locked area under the hood casts extreme suspicion, so it'll probably backfire lol

mashpro 06-08-2006 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=Sky92x]if you dont pop your hood, they can have your car towed, and have you arrested.

spontaneous safety checks are legal.[/QUOTE]

Wow-what if your hood latch thing doesnt work?

Mr. Furley 06-08-2006 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]where you being a prick to him? I've gotten pulled over in Sac for having my front plate too low. He saw my catless tbe and blinging FMIC. He check out the car, asked me to fix the plate location and told me to have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

No actually im always very respecful when i get pulled over even though in my head im wishing i could kick him in the back of the nuts. I always comply & never get smart with them... its pointless to be a prick cause its just gonna cost you more money. This guy was hellbent to write me a ticket for everything he possibly could because he didnt like my driving, he was looking at the engine & asking me why i had a boost gauge & said i must have a ton of mods hiding because i have gauges.... this was a motorcycle prick btw. And appearantly he has eagle eyes because he estimated my speed at "70+" (thats what he wrote on the ticket) even though he was ~3/4 of a mile directly behind me (they must do some six million dollar man eye surgery on bike cops these days with built in terminator style speed readout). Im going to write them a letter contesting all the charges though.

subie OCD 06-08-2006 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=Mr. Furley]Im going to write them a letter contesting all the charges though.[/QUOTE]
yeah, I hear that is the best way to go about it. Just keep writing letters contesting and delaying the court date. Then you finally show up for court, hopefully the incident will be so long ago that the cop wont show or the "estimated 70mph" wont hold up so well. good luck.

and good luck to the op!

T-Will 06-08-2006 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=-j-]I found that out personally. No matter what paperwork I showed the po-po it was off to the ref. Everything was legit!

Ref just said, "they send everyone to us". It's a money maker for sure. SMOG check and then court fees. Judge just threw it out of court, but still payed $10 plus my day off.[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed. How can they charge you $10 when you did absolutely nothing wrong and they wasted your day by making you go to court.

Sky92x 06-08-2006 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=mashpro]Wow-what if your hood latch thing doesnt work?[/QUOTE]

Officer has option to impound car for inspection.

mashpro 06-08-2006 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Sky92x]Officer has option to impound car for inspection.[/QUOTE]

Really? For a faulty latch?

FW Motorsports 06-08-2006 02:36 PM

1. Click here: [url=http://www.knfilters.com/EODecalForm.pdf]EO Sticker[/url]
2. Print, fill out, & mail to K&N.
3. Apply EO Sticker to Typhoon. :)

Oh, yer gonna have to lie and say that it's for a WRX, but eff them in the A.
[url=http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?Prod=69-8001TWR]Applications[/url]

FW Motorsports 06-08-2006 02:41 PM

BLegacy is correct.

My FIL is a smog tech and has told me that as long as the non OEM part works like stock it's cool.
What it comes down to is simple harassment by The Man.

Cody8675309 06-08-2006 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=davisSTI]I have been trying to tell the wife that we need to buy a cabin in So. Lake Tahoe(Nevada side) and I can register my cars in Nevada. I don't think they have smog in Nevada.

-Darren.[/QUOTE]

Don't I wish. I have to get my car smogged every single year. However, they don't use a sniffer. It's like CA though, some rural areas don't require smog. Maybe if your cabin is remote enough, you'll luck out.

GT35 STI 06-08-2006 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=mashpro]Really? For a faulty latch?[/QUOTE]

yup, the video is still roaming around the internet for the CHP training video...

GT35 STI 06-08-2006 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned]1. Click here: [url=http://www.knfilters.com/EODecalForm.pdf]EO Sticker[/url]
2. Print, fill out, & mail to K&N.
3. Apply EO Sticker to Typhoon. :)

Oh, yer gonna have to lie and say that it's for a WRX, but eff them in the A.
[url=http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?Prod=69-8001TWR]Applications[/url][/QUOTE]

Think I can use this application for my car???

Mr. Furley 06-08-2006 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=GT35 STI]Think I can use this application for my car???[/QUOTE]

With that turbo your best bet is to stick a freightliner badge on the front of your car & hope for the best

-j- 06-08-2006 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=T-Will]I'd be pissed. How can they charge you $10 when you did absolutely nothing wrong and they wasted your day by making you go to court.[/QUOTE]

I was ticked, but pretty much just had to roll with it. What sucks is I just came out of the installers garage and the cop was waiting. New exhaust and intake. He asked to pop the hood and said I pulled you over because your car looks modified. The dang car had stock wheels on it!

mashpro 06-08-2006 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=GT35 STI]yup, the video is still roaming around the internet for the CHP training video...[/QUOTE]

Man, I want to see that video and what they say about a faulty latch.

soggynoodles 06-08-2006 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mr. Furley]No actually im always very respecful when i get pulled over even though in my head im wishing i could kick him in the back of the nuts. I always comply & never get smart with them... its pointless to be a prick cause its just gonna cost you more money. This guy was hellbent to write me a ticket for everything he possibly could because he didnt like my driving, he was looking at the engine & asking me why i had a boost gauge & said i must have a ton of mods hiding because i have gauges.... this was a motorcycle prick btw. And appearantly he has eagle eyes because he estimated my speed at "70+" (thats what he wrote on the ticket) even though he was ~3/4 of a mile directly behind me (they must do some six million dollar man eye surgery on bike cops these days with built in terminator style speed readout). Im going to write them a letter contesting all the charges though.[/QUOTE]

eh that sucks. Well Rancho is known for street racing and sideshows.
I know one dude on this board who drives sunrise everyday to work and he's never been bothered by the cops. He's catless wiith a loud ass exhaust too.

I think I remember hearing about a road dyno being setup over there. (not the EQ tuning one but the real smog detecting deal)

ThisizBrian 06-08-2006 03:38 PM

catch cans are smog legal.

T-Will 06-08-2006 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]eh that sucks. Well Rancho is known for street racing and sideshows.
I know one dude on this board who drives sunrise everyday to work and he's never been bothered by the cops. He's catless wiith a loud ass exhaust too.

I think I remember hearing about a road dyno being setup over there. (not the EQ tuning one but the real smog detecting deal)[/QUOTE]

I drive Sunrise every day to work and have never been bothered. :)

RussA 06-09-2006 01:56 AM

You refering to me Ed?

Sunrise everyday from Citrus Heights to Rancho (other side of 50) every day for work :p

soggynoodles 06-09-2006 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=RussA]You refering to me Ed?

Sunrise everyday from Citrus Heights to Rancho (other side of 50) every day for work :p[/QUOTE]

ohh yea. you and like 3 other people. Wow..

GT35 STI 06-09-2006 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=T-Will]I drive Sunrise every day to work and have never been bothered. :)[/QUOTE]

I drive sunrise about 4 times a week including when I go out there everynow and then to meet up with people on fri/sats, and have never had either of my cars hoods popped

Double Phister 06-09-2006 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=RussA]You refering to me Ed?

Sunrise everyday from Citrus Heights to Rancho (other side of 50) every day for work :p[/QUOTE]
He's talking about this dude who drives from where sunrise starts up to roseville.

He has to worry about Roseville PD, CHPD, RCPD, CHP, EGPD, and Sac Sherrif.

RedStage 06-09-2006 07:53 PM

If the cop asks you to pop the hood, it is because he is making an on the spot call, he has this right due to his ability to say he has "probable cause" to conduct a search. And yes, they will profile WRX' and STi's as being modified...even if stock appearance.

If you refuse...it only adds to the suspicion and the likely hood that they WILL impound your car on the spot.

Pulling the "my latch release won't work" is another suspected cop out, and again they can pull the "probable cause" card and impound and arrest you on suspicion. They are pretty much covered to do what they want in this situation.

If you argue with them...they are going to make it easy and impound the car and arrest you. Then if you continue to argue...resisting arrest can be thrown in...

I tried to find that CHP Training video....but no luck

glenspen 06-09-2006 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=davisSTI]Funny thing is that probably have one of the quietest TBE setup for the STI, catted helix dp and greddy evo 2. In addition this is a residential neighborhood with lots of stop signs and road humps to slow traffic down, so I couldn't have pass him going more than 10-15 mph. Really this road gets congested. Not sure why he thought my exhaust was too loud.
[/QUOTE]

I'm still confused as to why people change the muffler on their cars then wonder why they are being sent to the state ref. You can remove all of your cats but still keep the stock muffler (Helix catless downpipe-plus up-pipe on a WRX), then it sounds stock and you won't get hassled by the pigs.

Sure you'll lose a few horses at the dyno but the sound of the boxer rumble isn't worth the PoPo hassle for me.

Removing cats = better performance
Changing muffler = louder noise

lose the cats but keep the stock muffler and the Babylon won't even give you a second glance..

It's the same with removing your front plate or tinting your front windows, it's just asking for trouble.

BoxerRumble 06-10-2006 09:21 PM

What the heck guys, this is so not cool. Whats up with those people saying "Oh don't break the law, Oh don't get an exhaust". We are on the I-Club board, we LOVE cars, we love to mod. I get annoyed reading about how the orginal poster had helix CATTED downpipe and the GREDDY EVO TWO, now these two exhaust parts are the QUIESTEST freaking exhaust part out there. I'm sure he feels the same way I do, we love cars, we want our cars to sound nice, we love the boxer rumble because it's distinct and very sexy. He wasn't trying to be an obnoxious ricer with a huge loud exhaust that can make you deaf, but the Greddy Evo2 which is one of the quietest exhaust offered with a CATTED downpipe which means he paid MORE money to pollute the environment LESS while sacrificing power. This is just not fair, yes it's illegal but 1, the greddy is not that loud, 2, he wasn't running catless. I am all for legal/not so illegal mods meaning no front tints, running front plates, but come on, when you're going out of you way trying to abide by the law but can't help being a car enthusiast and loving your car, but still get pulled over and hassled, thats just not fair. It's like offering a homeless food and he tells you to **** off, that's kinda lame isn't it. Well it's not exactly like that but you guys get what I mean?

To glenspen, don't want to start an argument, I agree with you, if you don't want to get hassled just don't get a loud car, but sometimes even if we try all we can to avoid hassle, people still get harrassed by driving a sports car like the STi because of the huge wing and hood scoop, and because we're, well some people, are young and driving a sports car. We might as well all drive Toyota Corolla's to save gas and get from point A to point B. True though, people who drive these kind cars like the ricer ruins it for the rest of us. Why can't they just leave us alone...sigh.

Kevin M 06-10-2006 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=SkylineR35GTRx]What the heck guys, this is so not cool. Whats up with those people saying "Oh don't break the law, Oh don't get an exhaust". We are on the I-Club board, we LOVE cars, we love to mod. [/QUOTE]

When I post that macro, I'm not saying don't break the law. I'm saying don't break the law [i]and then ***** about getting busted for it.[/i] ;) I ran non-CARB exempt mods on my RS, and when I got busted for it, I took my lumps like a man. If you remember the scene from Liar Liar, the quote is Jim Carrey's advice to a client who asks what he should do after getting arrested for like the 12th time. ;)

T-Will 06-10-2006 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=SkylineR35GTRx]It's like offering a homeless food and he tells you to **** off, that's kinda lame isn't it.[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but this happened to me, I offered a homeless guy some Round Table gift certificates and he got pissed at me, crumpled them up, and threw them back. I was ****ing pissed, but was glad he threw them back though cause I got a free pizza and salad bar last week with them. :) **** homeless people and beggars.