i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Does anyone know this car? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/does-anyone-know-car-271011/)

Mosnowbro 10-01-2018 07:34 AM

Does anyone know this car?

1 Attachment(s)
Or more importantly the owner? Its for sale on craigslist but the owner does not have any contact information on the ad. I would love to get my hands on it!

I am talking about red one.

stupidchicken03 10-01-2018 07:48 AM

Saw him yesterday!

Told him you txt me asking if I knew who it was. I told him to check his email.

He will likely be at the Thurs night meet. Get your ass out there :lol:

Vladi 10-01-2018 07:59 AM

I did the compression test, leakdown test, inspection, and full diagnostic of his blown engine a few weeks ago. :)
So if chicken doesn't get you his info, I can.

stupidchicken03 10-01-2018 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=Vladi;3663515]I did the compression test, leakdown test, inspection, and full diagnostic of his blown engine a few weeks ago. :)
So if chicken doesn't get you his info, I can.[/QUOTE]
I should shoot the OP a PM with dude's number.

I dont have his contact info, just know they show up to the meets.

Also like how you said you did it a few weeks ago and he's still driving around in it :lol:
(The pic above was taken last Thurs at the meet)

Vladi 10-01-2018 08:07 AM

IMO: that engine needs to be replaced anyway (not fixed or rebuilt), because the dude that sold him that car put COMPLETELY wrong engine into it. not only is it jdm and 2L, but a dual avcs engine, with the exhaust avcs disconnected altogether (very bad idea). He told me he was gonna drive on it, because I don't think it really matters at this point. Daniel is a decent/honest dude, definitely not out to screw anyone (which can't be said about the person who sold/traded him that FXT).

If you want more details just ask away, I have a crazy memory

*edit: I just texted him to reach out to you :)

Daniel Bonar 10-01-2018 09:09 AM

Yeah...Daniel...

[left]My bad, my number is(916) 588-8103
Ill update the ad and yes I’m still driving it. The old motor is pretty much useless and this is my daily...
[/left]

Mosnowbro 10-01-2018 09:57 AM

Contact has been made, Thanks everyone!

@Vlad, funny you say that. In my current XT I also have a JDM motor swap from the PO, AVCS not hooked up. Prob with my car is the auto trans makes me unhappy haha

Also If there's any mods, might be a good idea to remove his phone number from the post for privacy.

Mosnowbro 10-01-2018 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=Vladi;3663518]IMO: that engine needs to be replaced anyway (not fixed or rebuilt), because the dude that sold him that car put COMPLETELY wrong engine into it. not only is it jdm and 2L, but a dual avcs engine, with the exhaust avcs disconnected altogether (very bad idea). He told me he was gonna drive on it, because I don't think it really matters at this point. Daniel is a decent/honest dude, definitely not out to screw anyone (which can't be said about the person who sold/traded him that FXT).

If you want more details just ask away, I have a crazy memory

*edit: I just texted him to reach out to you :)[/QUOTE]

Also/off question. My car is not using the AVCS either, but didn't the stock 04 Xt have AVCS? So the ECU/harness should have been ready for a swap that also had it?

Vladi 10-01-2018 11:46 AM

there's a big difference between single avcs (intake cam only) and dual avcs (intake + exhaust cam), neither setup is ideal to run un-controlled, but the latter is a whole lot more so.

I think the criteria these backyard swappers use these days is: "if it doesn't immediately explode or catch on fire after install, it's TOTALLY GOOD TO GO" lol