CONGRATULATIONS, R4ND0M AX3!! Anyone up for a time of death pool? (Ali G likes boys)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Feeding tube reinsertion request: DENIED
Old 03-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Troll

It has all been tried, it has been litigated and now it is time to let dead people finally die...

Here is the timeline:
December 1963… Terri's birth date
November 1984… Terri & Michael marry
February 1990… Terri suffers cardiac arrest and a severe loss of oxygen to her brain
May 1990… Terri leaves hospital and is brought to a rehabiliation center for aggressive therapy
July 1990… Terri is brought to the home where her husband and parents live; after a few weeks, she is brought back to the rehabilitation center
November 1990… Terri is taken to California for experimental therapies
January 1991… Terri is returned to Florida and placed at a rehabilitation center in Brandon
July 1991… Terri is transfered to a skilled nursing facility where she receives aggressive physical therapy and speech therapy
May 1992… Michael and the Schindlers stop living together
January 1993… Michael recovers $1 million settlement for medical malpractice claim involving Terri's care; jury had ruled in Michael's favor on allegations Terri's doctors failed to diagnose her bulimia, which led to her heart failure; case settled while on appeal
March 1994… Terri is transferred to a Largo nursing home
May 1998… Michael files petition for court to determine whether Terri's feeding tube should be removed; Michael takes position that Terri would chose to remove the tube; Terri's parents take position that Terri would chose not to remove the tube
February 2000… Following trial, Judge Greer rules that clear and convincing evidence shows Terri would chose not to receive life-prolonging medical care under her current circumstances (i.e., that she would chose to have the tube removed)
March 2000… Judge Greer denies petition for more swallowing tests, finds it uncontested Terri cannot swallow sufficiently to live
April 2000… Terri is transferred to a Hospice facility
January 2001… Second District Court of Appeal affirms the trial court's decision regarding Terri's wishes
April 23, 2001… Florida Supreme Court denies review of the Second District's decision
April 23 or 24, 2001… Trial court orders feeding tube removed
April 24, 2001… Terri's feeding tube is removed for the first time
April 26, 2001… Terri's parents file motion asserting they have new evidence regarding Terri's wishes
April 26, 2001… Trial court denies Terri's parents' motion as untimely
April 26, 2001… Terri's parents file new legal action against Michael Schiavo and request that the removal of Terri's feeding tube be enjoined; the case is randomly assigned to Judge Quesada
April 26, 2001… Judge Quesada grants the temporary injunction, orders Terri's feeding tube restored
July 2001… Second District rules that Judge Greer erred in denying the motion alleging new evidence and, in essence, orders the trial court to consider whether new circumstances make enforcement of the original order inequitable; Second District also reverses the temporary injunction and orders dismissal of much of the new action filed before Judge Quesada
(uncertain)… Terri's parents detail their reasons why enforcement is inequitable: (1) new witnesses have new information regarding Terri's wishes, and (2) new medical treatment could sufficiently restore Terri's cognitive functioning such that Terri would decide that, under those circumstances, she would continue life-prolonging measures; Terri's parents also move to disqualify Judge Greer
(uncertain)… Trial court denies both motions as insufficient
October 2001… Second District affirms the denial of the motion to disqualify and the motion regarding the new witnesses; the appellate court reverses the order with regard to potential new medical treatments and orders a trial on that question with doctors testifying for both sides and a court-appointed independent doctor
March 2002… Florida Supreme Court denies review of the Second District's decision
October 2002… Judge Greer holds a trial on the new medical treatment issue, hearing from doctors for both sides and a court-appointed independent doctor; Terri's parents also assert that Terri is not in a persistent vegetative state
Schindlers file emergency motion for relief from judgment based on a 1991 bone scan report indicating Terri's body had previously been subjected to trauma
November 22, 2002… Following trial, Judge Greer denies Schindlers' motion for relief (new medical evidence motion), rules that no new treatment offers sufficient promise of improving Terri's cognitive functioning and that Terri is, in fact, in a persistent vegetative state
November 22, 2002… On this same day, Judge Greer denies Schindlers' emergency motion related to the 1991 bone scan
June 2003… Second District affirms the trial court's decision denying Schindlers' motion for relief from judgment
August 22, 2003… Florida Supreme Court denies review of the Second District's decision
August 30, 2003… Terri's parents file federal action challenging Florida's laws on life-prolonging procedures as unconstitutional
September 17, 2003… Judge Greer denies Schindlers' motion to provide additional therapy, finding it an effort to retry the issues that were previously tried
October 10, 2003… Federal court dismisses Schindlers' case
October 15, 2003… Terri's feeding tube is removed for the second time
October 20, 2003… Florida House passes a bill to permit the Governor to issue a stay in cases like Terri's and restore her feeding tube
October 21, 2003… Federal court rejects injunction request
October 21, 2003… Florida House and Senate pass a bill known informally as "Terri's Law" to permit the Governor to issue a stay in cases like Terri's and restore her feeding tube ; Governor signs the bill into law and immediately orders a stay; Terri is briefly hospitalized while her feeding tube is restored
October 21, 2003… Michael brings suit against the Governor, asking to enjoin the Governor's stay on grounds "Terri's Law" is unconstitutional; Judge Baird rejects Michael's request for an immediate injunction, allowing the tube to be restored, and requests briefs on the constitutional arguments involving the new law
November 7, 2003… Judge Baird rejects Governor's motion to dismiss Michael's suit and have case litigated in Tallahassee
November 20, 2003… Judge Baird rejects Governor's request for the judge to recuse himself
December 1, 2003… Guardian ad litem appointed under "Terri's Law" to advise Governor submits report to Governor
December 10, 2003… Second District rejects Governor's effort to have Judge Baird disqualified
April 2004… Second District affirms Judge Baird's decision denying Governor's motion to dismiss and have case litigated in Tallahassee
May 2004… Judge Baird declares "Terri's Law" unconstitutional on numerous grounds
June 2004… Second District certifies "Terri's Law" case directly to the Florida Supreme Court
July 2004… Schindlers file new motion for relief from judgment based on Pope John Paul II speech
September 2004… Florida Supreme Court affirms Judge Baird's ruling that "Terri's Law" is unconstitutional
October 2004… Judge Greer denies Schindlers' most recent motion for relief from judgment (motion based on Pope John Paul II speech)
December 1, 2004… Governor asks U.S. Supreme Court to review Florida Supreme Court's decision declaring "Terri's Law" unconstitutional
December 29, 2004… Second District affirms (without written opinion) Judge Greer's ruling denying Schindlers' most recent motion for relief from judgment
January 6, 2005… Schindlers file new motion for relief from judgment, alleging Terri never had her own attorney, that the trial court impermissibly applied the law retroactively, and that the original trial on Terri's wishes violated separation of powers principles
January 24, 2005… U.S. Supreme Court declines review in "Terri's Law" case

February 11, 2005… Judge Greer denies Schindlers' latest motion for relief from judgment (motion raising various due process challenges)
February 23, 2005… Florida's Department of Children and Families asks to intervene and for 60-day stay to permit investigation of alleged abuse
February 23, 2005… Schindlers file motion requesting new tests to determine Terri's status
February 25, 2005… Judge Greer rules motions appear endless, he will grant no further stays; sets March 18 date for removal of feeding tube
February 28, 2005… Schindlers file motion requesting that Terri be fed orally
March 2, 2005… Schindlers file new motion for relief from judgment, arguing factual error in original judgment
March 8, 2005… Judge Greer denies Schindlers' motion to feed Terri orally
March 9, 2005… Judge Greer denies Schindlers' motion requesting new tests
March 9, 2005… Judge Greer denies Schindlers' most recent motion for relief from judgment (motion based on factual error)
March 10, 2005… Judge Greer denies Department of Children and Families request to intervene and for stay, finds agency is free to investigate
March 16, 2005… Second District affirms Judge Greer's denial of Schindlers' motion raising various due process challenges, emphasizes law has been followed in this case
March 18, 2005… Schindlers file new federal action arguing due process violations in original trial; case assigned to Judge Moody
March 18, 2005… Judge Moody denies new federal claim, citing lack of jurisdiction
March 18, 2005… Congressional committee issues subpoenas for Michael, Terri, and Terri's caregivers to appear at hearing to be held at the hospice where Terri has stayed
March 18, 2005… Congressional committee files motion to intervene and modify order requiring the removal of Terri's feeding tube
March 18, 2005… Judge Greer denies congressional committee motion, ruling no grounds exist for intervention
March 18, 2005… Congressional committee requests Florida Supreme Court and Second District stay the feeding tube's removal
March 18, 2005… Terri's feeding tube removed for the third time
March 18, 2005… Florida Supreme Court denies congressional committee request, citing lack of jurisdiction
March 18, 2005… Second District denies congressional committee request as without merit
March 21, 2005… Congress enacts Terri's Law II, authorizing Terri's parents to seek federal court review of whether Terri's federal rights have been protected
Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
can I vote for "after the pope"?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Troll

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our 10th guess and an official game...

Here is what I have so far in order of guess date:

R4ND0M_AX3 - Thursday, March 24th 6:23 PM PST
soggynoodles - Friday March 25 11:15am
ryball - Saturday 26th
Sonicsuby - 3/28
Oaf - March 29th, before noon
newyorkreload - April 1st
code3conley - April 4th 3:17am
T-Will - April 10th 4:56pm
RussB - after the pope
sperry - the year 2013

Last edited by Ali G; 03-22-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 PM
MILF Hunter

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Ali G
OK Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our 10th guess and an official game...

Ali G, I completely agree with all your arguments and I hope if she dies she dies on April 4th 3:17am LOL
Old 03-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Feeding tube reinsertion request: DENIED
of course, she is now nothin but a stiff lay. she sits there motionless and ardly evun lets out a gurgle.

and now dat da feedin tube is out da wicked mr biggy lovins is dry and scratchy. now more than eva it is time to let er go...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Troll

I seriously don't want this to happen (well maybe part of me does) because I want to award a free T-Shirt but...

Wouldn't it be funny if they re-inserted the feeding tube and 10 years from now she became able to speak only to tell her parents off for keeping her alive and a prisoner in her onwn body? I would be on the floor laughing if that were to happen. Is that wrong?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
...I would be on the floor laughing if that were to happen. Is that wrong?
No.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I hear the Pope's not doing too good. He might not be well enough to do the Easter Blessing. Will the Pope take the lead??

Stay tuned....
Old 03-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
I hear the Pope's not doing too good. He might not be well enough to do the Easter Blessing. Will the Pope take the lead??

Stay tuned....
If you look at the other thread, the pope is in the lead - he has been since early yesterday.

Speaking of Easter blessings, in honor of Easter - wouldn't it be fun to go around town and plant crosses in people's front yards. If I remember my bible bashing, Wednesday is the day that the fake prior to being dead god was nailed to the stick. My only issue is how do we alert the homeowners that the cross has been installed?

The only thing I can come up with would be to set the cross on fire - I bet they would notice that...

Last edited by Ali G; 03-23-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
If you look at the other thread, the pope is in the lead - he has been since early yesterday.

Speaking of Easter blessings, in honor of Easter - wouldn't it be fun to go around town and plant crosses in people's front yards. If I remember my bible bashing, Wednesday is the day that the fake prior to being dead god was nailed to the stick. My only issue is how do we alert the homeowners that the cross has been installed?

The only thing I can come up with would be to set the cross on fire - I bet they would notice that...
Just make sure you wear your hoodie. You know, because of the rain and all.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Egan
:rotfl:
Old 03-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Troll

Thanks!

I was going to just wear a jacket, but I just got this awesome new all white hoodie that is nice and warm...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Thanks!

I was going to just wear a jacket, but I just got this awesome new all white hoodie that is nice and warm...
Make sure to cut some eyeholes so you can see.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Troll

Make sure to cut some eyeholes so you can see.
And wear it backwards? That is a good idea, it will keep my nose and mouth warm too.

Maybe I will just get a white ski mask to wear under the hoodie - that would match and be much easier.

Quick Reply: CONGRATULATIONS, R4ND0M AX3!! Anyone up for a time of death pool? (Ali G likes boys)