i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   A Co-Worker tried to purchase a Mustang GT - Owned (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/co-worker-tried-purchase-mustang-gt-owned-84768/)

SubNub 01-03-2005 10:48 AM

A Co-Worker tried to purchase an 05 Mustang GT - Owned

I have a funny story to tell about a co-worker.

So this guy at my work decides to get a new Mustang GT and he wants all the options. I talk to him and point him in the direction of the internet sales manager/fleet manager and recommend he pursue that route. Well, he contacts the dealer and they say they would have to order a car that has the options he wants and it will be mid December. He puts down $1000.00 on the car to hold the car. So last week he figures out the financing and whoever chose to finance him (lol) writes him a blank check. Well, my co-worker decides "Hey I should get my 1000 dollars back and just use this check!” So he pulls his money out because he is going to buy it last Thursday. So he and his girlfriend drive to the FORD dealership to purchase his car last Thursday (way to go on the "mid December" dealership!). As he is pulling into the dealership and he sees a guy sitting in the black GT and someone is showing him how to use the car and stuff. He promptly finds the person who was selling him the car and the guy says "Oh well, I don't think the car is sold yet." [size=3][b]At that moment the guy drives away in the car my co-worker ordered![/b][/size]

They sold the car he ordered because the other guy was willing to pay more and my co-worker took his down payment back because he thought he would just show up and buy it then with this "blank check". So funny.

SubNub 01-03-2005 10:56 AM

Oh and by the way he had been waiting since September for the car and now has to wait until February for another car. Owned.

RussB 01-03-2005 11:01 AM

he was owned the minute he thought "ford"

LagnWagn 01-03-2005 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=RussB]he was owned the minute he thought "ford"[/QUOTE]

Indeed..."Owned" comes standard on all Ford models.

SubNub 01-03-2005 11:06 AM

The best part to me is that he actually saw the guy drive away in his car!!! I mean it would be one thing to come and them to say it was already gone but he saw his car....so close.

The dealer was like "We have another one in the back with cloth" - Double Owned! He wants the red leather, 1000watt shaker stereo system with 2 tens and the color changing guages. ---> Ford's version of "Rice"

RussA 01-03-2005 11:12 AM

I would have to agree with RussB's comment. But you know, his own fault for taking back the deposit...

SubNub 01-03-2005 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=RussA]I would have to agree with RussB's comment. But you know, his own fault for taking back the deposit...[/QUOTE]
Word.

The dealer knew he was coming to buy it though. Sorta shady but it was his own stupidity.

Nick Koan 01-03-2005 11:16 AM

Doesn't matter if the dealer knows he is coming. If some other sucker walks in offering more money (and the guy recinded his deposit), the dealer is of course goign to sell it to the guy with more money.

RussA 01-03-2005 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=SubNub]Word.

The dealer knew he was coming to buy it though. Sorta shady but it was his own stupidity.[/QUOTE]
exactly...

pozzi 01-03-2005 11:20 AM

he should have pulled the deposit until he got there w/ the blank check...
well guess he qualifies to be a Ford owner....
willing to take it in the rear full force for a "cool" car but "dumb" enough not to know better.

SubNub 01-03-2005 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=N600]he should have pulled the deposit until he got there w/ the blank check...
well guess he qualifies to be a Ford owner....
willing to take it in the rear full force for a "cool" car but "dumb" enough not to know better.[/QUOTE]
Very accurate. I mean I feel bad for the guy but truly he isn't smart about these things no matter how much advice I try to offer up. I think it is Karma catching up with him.

Karma > My Co-Worker

nachomc 01-03-2005 12:16 PM

Tell him to buy an STi so he can go faster.,

Red Bar0n 01-03-2005 12:48 PM

Sometimes people learn the hard way.

pozzi 01-03-2005 12:52 PM

[QUOTE]Sometimes people learn the hard way.[/QUOTE]
he still ordered/wants a Mustang...some people just [b]don't learn...period.[/b]

nic3krnnamja83 01-03-2005 01:06 PM

firestone