i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Sacramento & Reno (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/)
-   -   Another FNG to the board (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/another-fng-board-215722/)

Bouncer 02-10-2010 01:10 PM

*Now with 50% more Money Shots! ;) - Another FNG to the board

3 Attachment(s)
Hey folks! My name is Ben. I live in Elk Grove.. Currently driving a 2005 Sportwagon. This is my first scoob. I am formerly of the DSM crowd. Been building and tuning DSM's for something like 10-ish years.. The wagon gets the seal of approval from the wife who thinks its "cute and practical". Muahaha.. (She has since realized the err of her ways.)

- A quick side note - If I am spotted driving around at a rather rapid pace, I assure you, I am not trying to eff around or show off.. I just drive like an a-hole.. Sorry :( Force of habbit from spending 6 or 7 years driving up to 3500 miles a month for work.. I thow up a :peace: any time I actually spot another scoob and make eye contact with the driver!

2005 Subaru WRX Sportwagon.. ~ 38,000 miles on the clock..
World Rally Blue Mica Pearl

Currently mods..

[B]Engine Stuff:[/B]
Block (Its a secret)
FP 68HTA (Internally Gated / Ported)
850 CC Injectors - (running e85)
Walbro 255HP
4.5"/11"/20" TMIC
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose
70mm MAF CAI -(Too small. Turbo overrunning Maf >6000RPM at 19 psi - Moving the sensor to 3" pipe and rescaling - Adapter plate in the mail)
Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE (80mm)- Blue flame fart can hacked off - Magnaflow w/turndown painted flat black on
SS Up-pipe
HKS Super Sequential Ultra-Ricer Vented BOV (tuned for and running fine)
Opensource tune w/ Tactrix OpenPort 2.0
Launch control @ 5000 rpm

[B]Drivetrain Stuff:[/B]
TMW Short Throw Shifter w/ Prothane bushings
5 Speed W/ VividRacing Type RA gearset
Exedy Stage 3 Clutch/flywheel (6 puck sprung center cerrametallic, teeth chattering monster + Stock WRX tranny mount = Fail - need to upgrade mounts soon)

[B]Suspension Stuff:[/B]
JIC FLT-A2 coilovers with Uber hard springs

[B]Data Aquisition Stuff:[/B]
Defi Data Control Unit II
Defi BF series serial gauges: Boost, Oil Temp, EGT
Innovate LC-1 with DB blue gauge (calibrated for e85)
Logging w/ Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 to Micro SD

Current Stats:
357 AWHP, 336 FT/LBS (Via Airboy)
Out of Maf Resolution. Waiting to relocate MAF to 3" piping to turn up boost..

In my spare time (hah) I also ride.. You will be able to find me and my scoob at all of the AFM rounds this year. If you spot the Scoob next to some pits with a bunch of Ducati's come say hi! I'm the big guy (6'7") and I will probably be wrenching on bikes.

(Im the big guy on the Repsol bike below)

Bouncer 02-10-2010 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I'll toss this up too..

Before the 68HTA I was running a 19t.. This was a quickie run through the gears to have as a comparison to the 68HTA once I finish tuning..

I was playing nice with the transmission in this vid.. I just wanted to record how fast it swept through the gears.. No launch, plus bogged badly into second (Traction caught at the top of first) - normally the car would have just started spinning again in second and bounced off the limiter.. The lug probably netted a better result.. lol..

Boost was somewhere around 22psi but tapering down to maybe 19 or 20 at redline.. Didnt really break my back trying to tune the boost on that snail as I knew it was getting replaced soon :)

Video - and below is an Airboy plot from the 19t:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gQwbolK-Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gQwbolK-Y[/URL]

FW Motorsports 02-10-2010 01:37 PM

Nice!
Welcome to the madhouse!

FW Motorsports 02-10-2010 01:38 PM

Holy F'ing doublepost!!

Bouncer 02-10-2010 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2809011]Nice!
Welcome to the madhouse![/QUOTE]

Thanks! And I will be paying a visit to you sir once the maf is scaled and the boost it turned up. Rumor has it that you have an AWD dyno.

jdmdaddy 02-10-2010 01:43 PM

Welcome man! I'm live and work in EG. I'm sure I'll see you around. And make sure if you're driving at a "rapid pace" make sure I hear ya loud and clear! :) See you around.

stupidchicken03 02-10-2010 01:44 PM

Welcome :)

04caliwrx 02-10-2010 01:58 PM

welcome, you are still on the 2.0 correct?

Irrational X 02-10-2010 02:03 PM

[QUOTE][IMG]https://www.i-club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71524&d=1265836107[/IMG][/QUOTE]

jealousy

sigma pi 02-10-2010 02:14 PM

welcome aboard

Bouncer 02-10-2010 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=irrational x;2809044]jealousy[/QUOTE]

What's worse.. That pump is 20 yards behind my parking spot at work :) We have a commercial fuel island here and I get my e85 at wholesale prices.. I still giggle every time I roll the scoob back for a fillup.. Something better than the 7 dollar a gallon 100 octane I used to buy for about 1/4 the cost.. :evil:

Irrational X 02-10-2010 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Bouncer;2809082]What's worse.. That pump is 20 yards behind my parking spot at work :) We have a commercial fuel island here and I get my e85 at wholesale prices.. I still giggle every time I roll the scoob back for a fillup.. Something better than the 7 dollar a gallon 100 octane I used to buy for about 1/4 the cost.. :evil:[/QUOTE]

you bastard lol. i say:

[IMG]http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/Upload/ban-him.JPG[/IMG]

Vladi 02-10-2010 02:36 PM

Welcome. That is a very nice/impressive suby you have. One of the few running e85 already. Good stuff.

Bouncer 02-10-2010 02:57 PM

hahaha.. Thanks everyone.. And Holy Hell! I just poked around the forum a bit..

I would like to clarify my position on tuning.. I am opensource because I've been hacking ECU's since the 90's. I work in the IT industry and started "serious" tuning back in hex/socketing ecu's/burning roms 1 chip at a time days.. I went opensource on the scoob because it was what I know :) Thats all...

(Please dont turn the previous statement into an open invitation to opensource flame! I just noticed a lot of opensource hate on this board and I wanted it to be known that I swing both ways! If the no reflash on the fly deal becomes an annoyance I will probably switch teams.)

Ok thats all! Back to my "board recon" reading.. :drama: This is good s**t.. You all are a colorful crowd!

FW Motorsports 02-10-2010 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Bouncer;2809113]hahaha.. Thanks everyone.. And Holy Hell! I just poked around the forum a bit..

I would like to clarify my position on tuning.. I am opensource because I've been hacking ECU's since the 90's. I work in the IT industry and started "serious" tuning back in hex/socketing ecu's/burning roms 1 chip at a time days.. I went opensource on the scoob because it was what I know :) Thats all...

(Please dont turn the previous statement into an open invitation to opensource flame! I just noticed a lot of opensource hate on this board and I wanted it to be known that I swing both ways! If the no reflash on the fly deal becomes an annoyance I will probably switch teams.)

Ok thats all! Back to my "board recon" reading.. :drama: This is good s**t.. You all are a colorful crowd![/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with open source, just the tuner using it.: banana :