i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountains (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/)
-   -   Driving in hot weather SUCKS (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/driving-hot-weather-sucks-59032/)

KDamericano 05-08-2004 03:11 PM

Driving in hot weather SUCKS

Just a thought. I spent like a freaking hour in traffic today, for no other reason then there's too many cars, ****ty roads, and slowass grandma drivers who can't go the speed limit. And I never want to run the AC if i'm stuck in traffic. I just feel too bad for my car. What do you guys think?

ScoobySTi07 05-08-2004 11:27 PM

I just drive with the windows open. All natural AC with no strain on the engine.:D

PyroManiac 05-09-2004 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=ScoobySTi07]I just drive with the windows open. All natural AC with no strain on the engine.:D[/QUOTE]
except when it is super hot out, and all you get is hot air inside your car.

PyroManiac 05-09-2004 11:05 AM

400 posts!! w00t for me..... end random transmission.

Magish 05-09-2004 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=KDamericano]Just a thought. I spent like a freaking hour in traffic today, for no other reason then there's too many cars, ****ty roads, and slowass grandma drivers who can't go the speed limit. And I never want to run the AC if i'm stuck in traffic. I just feel too bad for my car. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
Agreed... worse though, is driving up to ft. colins where you are bumper to bumper traffic, while it is hot... but you are doing 80mph, and then suddenly someone decides to slam on their breaks. That sucks.

ScoobySTi07 05-09-2004 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=PyroManiac]except when it is super hot out, and all you get is hot air inside your car.[/QUOTE]Not if you drive really fast.:D

KDamericano 05-10-2004 06:47 AM

Sometimes I just use the "ghetto AC" where I spray myself in the face with water and drive with the windows down. May look weird to passers-by, but it works

VRWRX 05-10-2004 07:07 AM

I ran into the same problem this weekend. I avoid turning on my AC at all costs, but sometimes the heat is just too brutal and I have to break down and use it. I feel bad for my car when I have to turn it on too. It just feels like it doesn't want to go. It's not so bad once you're at speed, but getting it there is a struggle. I don't like to push it too hard when the AC is on...

KDamericano 05-10-2004 07:36 AM

I've also noticed that as far as the AC goes, the WRX doesn't put out the coldest air I've ever felt. I mean it's cool and all, but I've been in some cars where the AC feels like an acrtic wind compared to mine. Oh well, I'd rather the car performed well then had a spectacular AC system.

VRWRX 05-10-2004 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=KDamericano]Oh well, I'd rather the car performed well then had a spectacular AC system.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

BlkRex 05-10-2004 08:35 AM

Agreed with all above. So, out of curiosity...widows down at highway speed...what's your preferred setup? (i know, dorky question, just humor me)

Mine is drivers window all the way down, and rr passenger window down 1/3rd. Nice clean airflow that way!

wrx21 05-10-2004 09:14 AM

Front Windows Up Back Windows Down as far as they will go and sunroof open.

If its real hot I do use the AC though, I just hit the button to turn it off when I am at an on ramp or I have to accelerate quickly. Then I wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on.

kellie 05-10-2004 08:19 PM

The AC cuts out at high RPMs anyway, so there is no need to turn it off. I just don't like the sounds that it makes, I always think my car is breaking, so I never use it.

My car felt really, really fast today which is unusual for hot weather. I scared myself more than once...weeeeiirrrdddd.

VRWRX 05-11-2004 07:04 AM

I notice my exhaust gets a tiny bit louder when it's hot out.

kellie 05-11-2004 10:08 AM

Or maybe your ears get more sensitive. :)