i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountains (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/)
-   -   Do you love to ski or snowboard? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/do-you-love-ski-snowboard-115501/)

VRWRX 10-24-2005 12:06 PM

I used to be a skiier. Then I tried snowboarding, and my first trip up the hill I fell and broke my arm. I had to have two pins put in it just to get it to heal kind of straight. That left a bad taste in my mouth for sliding down mountains with something attached to my feet. That was about 10 years ago and I haven't been to a resort since.

KDamericano 10-24-2005 03:16 PM

I love snowboarding, but I'm sure skiing is fun too. We definitely need to have a ski/snowboard trip. Maybe next month sometime...?

cykogirl 10-24-2005 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=skibri]I can snowboard as well but just prefer to ski, most of the people I ride with are on boards. No contempt here, as long as everyone is cool![/QUOTE]

yeah, as long as everyone is having a fun and enjoyable time. who cares if you're on skis or a snowboard. i used to ski when i was little but i enjoy snowboarding more, but i understand that's my preference and opinion. i've had a skier yell at me to slow down while getting off the lift cuz they were walking across and call me a "damn snowboarder". those are the people that need to chill out. we're all out there for the same reason.

anyway, will there be enough snow next month?

cavallino33 10-24-2005 04:10 PM

Its all about snow blades.

PeanutWRX 10-24-2005 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezastifan88]I'd be down for a ski trip. Peanut: does the WRX have a pass through in the center?[/QUOTE]

yup i think it should fit

Magish 10-24-2005 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=KDamericano]I love snowboarding, but I'm sure skiing is fun too. We definitely need to have a ski/snowboard trip. Maybe next month sometime...?[/QUOTE]
yes.

LICmotorsports 10-24-2005 08:49 PM

I was just in Steamboat last Sun/Mon for a short, but sweet Honeymoon. There wasn't any snow, not really surprising cause we always got it on Halloween :)

Best time up there for tons of snow usually is during Jan/Feb, at least during my 4 years of living up there. I'll probably drive out there sometime this winter, maybe with my STi Forester, if I ever get time to build it. That town is crawling with Subaru's, I couldn't get over how many there were.

-Adam

Lowball 10-25-2005 02:43 AM

board as hell

Magish 10-25-2005 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=lowball]board as hell[/QUOTE]
Very punny! ;)

cykogirl 11-12-2005 05:29 PM

there's snow!!!

ipozestu 11-12-2005 05:38 PM

I've been riding since I was about 12yrs old. I Started on a hollow plastic board in pastures behind my house in upstate NY. I stopped going regularly in '95 when I joind the service and shipped out to HI. What does a snoeboarder do in HI you ask? Surf duh! BTW they aren't even remotely the same. I've been hitting Tahoe really hard every year since I moved here in '01. I can't wait for this year. I have decided I am buying a helmet this year. I have ridden all this time without one and I am finally seeing that there is some risk involved. It took a couple tree branches to the nugget last year to knock some sense in me.

Magish 11-13-2005 03:12 PM

Just completed the 4th ski day of the season. Copper was actually GREAT with a bunch of mogul runs open and a bunch of powder. Plus, 1-2' of snow tonight! Only bad thing was the lift lines took FOREVER.

cykogirl 11-14-2005 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezastifan88]Just completed the 4th ski day of the season. Copper was actually GREAT with a bunch of mogul runs open and a bunch of powder. Plus, 1-2' of snow tonight! Only bad thing was the lift lines took FOREVER.[/QUOTE]

super long lines at A-Basin too on saturday. i bet they all got TONS of snow after tonight! =D

Lowball 11-14-2005 06:21 PM

we pretty much have jack in Tahoe so far...but I did get a new snowboard today! :D

Santa Cruz Mountain Ale 166 with SC Gorilla Bindings :D

Start praying for snow in NorCal!

A-Basin and Copper...UT or CO?

I still haven't been to CO but I here it's pretty sweet.

cykogirl 11-14-2005 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=lowball]we pretty much have jack in Tahoe so far...but I did get a new snowboard today! :D

Santa Cruz Mountain Ale 166 with SC Gorilla Bindings :D

Start praying for snow in NorCal!

A-Basin and Copper...UT or CO?

I still haven't been to CO but I here it's pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

A-Basin and Copper are both in CO. we got hit with a HUGE storm last night and today. =D