TopSpeed wins Overall Grand Champion Redline TA Nashville and sets a new track record

Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STi, Nissan Silvia
TopSpeed wins Overall Grand Champion Redline TA Nashville and sets a new track record

First off TopSpeed would like to thank all the companies that have supported us this season.

JRZ, Cobb Tuning, Whiteline, Playmoreonline, and Urban8designs

Onto our weekend of many emotions.

Thursday started out pretty tough, after searching high and low for our tires we usually run we kept geting the same answer "sorry sir, those tires are on backorder". Crap.... well after a long search we finally found a set in Knoxville, Tn. So I told the guy to hold them for me as I would be driving up first thing Friday morning.

So Friday morning I wake up at 5am and hop in my car, destination Knoxville, Tn. After driving 3 1/2hrs through some of the most amazing twisties and mountain roads I arrive at the Hoosier south distribution center. Spending a total of about 10mins there, to relieve the 3 redbulls, sign a few papers and load the car up with a fresh set of stickys I am back on my way to Atlanta. Back at the shop we mount the 4 new tires, and load up the rig.

At 8pm we leave TopSpeed and make the 4 1/2 hr drive to Nashville Super Speedway. Once we arrive at the track we are greeted by Todd, and Nick from redline. Chat with them for a few and then call it a night.

Saturday comes and we have the car ready to go but no driver.. Luke isn't scheduled to arrive till later Saturday night. So while sitting around I get bored and decide to take the car out for a spin to check a few things. Saturdays fast practice times around around 1.07's to 1.10's for all the teams.

Sunday, finally our driver has arrived, but not without issues. Lukes flight was supposed to arrive Saturday night was canceled. With his only option to fly out first thing Sunday morning he loaded up.

Luke finally got to see the track for the first time about 10am Sunday morning. In our third lap out in Luke's first practice session we set FTD with a 1.05.6. Not bad for our first outing, after a few more practice laps we decide to sit and wait for the timed session to get one on the books. First session, we leave the car on our low boost mapping since we felt confident that we could secure the overall and then go for lap record on second session. The plan worked as we ran a 1.04.5 first session out securing the Overall.

Knowing the car had alot more in it we felt confident we could break the overall track record. So with the car set on our high boost map we headed out. On Luke's first flying lap it happened, A 1.03.7 the new track record for any bodied car there even faster than the GT1 times. Second lap around looked to be an even faster lap, however on the back straight the clutch decided it had enough and gave out. Pulling the data from the second lap it looks like we should have run a low 03 or even possible a high 02.

This wraps up TopSpeed second Overall Grand Champion win and first Track Record. Not to mention back to back GC wins We should have some wicked video up in a few days after the editing is done.

Summit Point and VIR here we come, hope to see everyone out there.

Doug

Old 08-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Car Info: WRB "Ricer Edition"
Congrats again on the WIN Doug.

Welcome to i-club!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Congratulations!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:47 AM

Thanks guys!

Here are 2 more pics taken from J. Evins

Video footage coming soon!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:22 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
this car passed me the last track event i went to
Old 08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 toyota tacoma
congrats!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:52 AM

Here is video of our TopSpeed Time Attack car breaking the record at Nashville Redline Time Attack.

Big thanks to Neal for putting this together for us.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9gwpgQUck

*** Click High Quality for better Picture***