i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Rally (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rally-49/)
-   -   For those of you wanting WRC Coverage (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rally-49/those-you-wanting-wrc-coverage-125421/)

Menik 05-06-2006 08:25 AM

Try again now? I'm not sure... They should all be up there.

turbo_4_life 05-23-2006 08:43 PM

any Italy Yet?

NM I see it .. ;)

Keisatsu 05-26-2006 11:02 AM

sweet thanks man!!!

turbo_4_life 05-26-2006 11:12 AM

Its sad that it seems like no one seems to care that much anymore due to Subaru not doing so HOT this season. :(

platypus 05-26-2006 03:38 PM

It's anticlimactic to watch Loeb win every frickin time.

turbo_4_life 05-26-2006 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=platypus]It's anticlimactic to watch Loeb win every frickin time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but just think.. this time and I am sure other times as well.. its not because of his winning performance... Its merely because he capitalizes on people's mistakes which is a BS way to call him one of the Greatest Rally driver.

Mohammadov 05-30-2006 04:34 AM

[QUOTE=platypus]It's anticlimactic to watch Loeb win every frickin time.[/QUOTE]
Ya thats right!!

iam hearing some people that say:Oh,Citreon is beating Subaru..Bye subaru!!I HATE THAAT!Look:ford is having more points than Subaru!!whats thaat.

Menik 05-31-2006 06:27 AM

[QUOTE=turbo_4_life]Yeah, but just think.. this time and I am sure other times as well.. its not because of his winning performance... Its merely because he capitalizes on people's mistakes which is a BS way to call him one of the Greatest Rally driver.[/QUOTE]

While I understand how much it sucks to watch the SWRT eat it, I don't think it's fair to say the only reason Loeb is doing so well is that he's capitalizing on other driver's mistakes. Loeb is really a fantastic driver; easily more consistent than even the best in the history of the sport. He's made what, one mistake this entire season? While Gronholm might have had him this time in Italy, the Focus broke where the Xsara didn't. The same, though more severe due to bad luck, bad driving, whatever, goes for the Impreza... A rally driver is only one part of a complex machine that has to be, forgive the pun, firing on all cylinders, all the time. Loeb and Citroén have that.

If you must point a finger, point it at Pirelli, and the SWRT service manager(s). Even then, though, you can't blame them for Peter and Chris' poor driving as of late. Subaru and Prodrive just aren't having a good year. Hopefully they can get it back together and start winning again.

On the other hand if you need something to cling to, Imprezas are pretty much dominating Grp.N... :)

turbo_4_life 06-19-2006 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=Menik]While I understand how much it sucks to watch the SWRT eat it, I don't think it's fair to say the only reason Loeb is doing so well is that he's capitalizing on other driver's mistakes. Loeb is really a fantastic driver; easily more consistent than even the best in the history of the sport. He's made what, one mistake this entire season? While Gronholm might have had him this time in Italy, the Focus broke where the Xsara didn't. The same, though more severe due to bad luck, bad driving, whatever, goes for the Impreza... A rally driver is only one part of a complex machine that has to be, forgive the pun, firing on all cylinders, all the time. Loeb and Citroén have that.

If you must point a finger, point it at Pirelli, and the SWRT service manager(s). Even then, though, you can't blame them for Peter and Chris' poor driving as of late. Subaru and Prodrive just aren't having a good year. Hopefully they can get it back together and start winning again.

[b]On the other hand if you need something to cling to, Imprezas are pretty much dominating Grp.N... :)[/b][/QUOTE]

OK i guess thats cool with me.. lol

But yeah another reason would be that the Xsara is a very reliable car like you say.. so its not because he is the greatest or consistent.. I would say consistent only to his reliable vehicle.. of course there is a reason as to why he is a WRC driver dont get me wrong..

turbo_4_life 06-19-2006 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=Menik]While I understand how much it sucks to watch the SWRT eat it, I don't think it's fair to say the only reason Loeb is doing so well is that he's capitalizing on other driver's mistakes. Loeb is really a fantastic driver; easily more consistent than even the best in the history of the sport. He's made what, one mistake this entire season? While Gronholm might have had him this time in Italy, the Focus broke where the Xsara didn't. The same, though more severe due to bad luck, bad driving, whatever, goes for the Impreza... A rally driver is only one part of a complex machine that has to be, forgive the pun, firing on all cylinders, all the time. Loeb and Citroén have that.

[b]On the other hand if you need something to cling to, Imprezas are pretty much dominating Grp.N... :)[/b][/QUOTE]

OK i guess thats cool with me.. lol

But yeah another reason would be that the Xsara is a very reliable car like you say.. so its not because he is the greatest or consistent.. I would say consistent only to his reliable vehicle.. of course there is a reason as to why he is a WRC driver dont get me wrong..

turbo_4_life 06-20-2006 05:02 PM

new format i see but it's not metting me DL :(

Menik 06-26-2006 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=turbo_4_life]new format i see but it's not metting me DL :([/QUOTE]

What exactly is happening? Does it try to download and then fail after a while, or is it not even starting?

I just started downloading a file from the server now, it's got about 10 minutes left, I'll edit this post when it's done.

I suggest you try again? I dunno... anyone else having issues?

[i]EDIT: I just downloaded Acropolis Day 3 in about 10 minutes. Plays fine. Maybe your connection was messed up. Try again and let me know what happens via PM... it's anyone's guess when I'll check this thread again.[/i]

turbo_4_life 08-25-2006 10:11 AM

can we not DL these any longer?? Its asking for a different Password ????

NVM I think I got it ..

turbo_4_life 08-31-2006 07:58 AM

Sir(Menik) you are too kind.. thanks for keeping us upto date on the WRC Coverage!! ;)

turbo_4_life 11-23-2006 02:08 PM

New Zealand? Where for art thou? lol