i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Rally (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rally-49/)
-   -   Colin McRae Rally 3 (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rally-49/colin-mcrae-rally-3-a-13047/)

Soup Nazi 03-19-2003 04:33 PM

Colin McRae Rally 3

Is anybody else playing Colin McRae rally 3 on the X-Box ?

STinger 03-29-2003 12:05 AM

Just got it, plus a MadCatz MC2 Universal wheel. Trying to figure out if the wheel makes me any faster than the controller. :)

Soup Nazi 03-29-2003 01:21 PM

I think it will. The x-box controller has very poorly placed buttons. I am unable to use the parking brake for tight turns because I cant comfortably reach it.

quietgiroth 04-14-2003 02:50 AM

I love this game, although the biggest problem I'm having with the button's is hitting the view change by accident every once in a while.

Soup Nazi 04-17-2003 01:37 PM

I used to do that too ( accidentaly change views ). I got a smaller/better controller but still cant reach the E-brake. I use Helmet cam view only and navigator Audio only. I just finished Year One as the world champ but year two looks as if it will be much more difficult....cool

essogas 04-18-2003 09:30 PM

I play it and love it. Bst rally game out there. I've finished the game already and if you do well in a season it automatically puts you into the harder level.

Soup Nazi 04-26-2003 07:11 AM

Year 2 did get tougher. In Rally UK I cant see a thing and had to switch out of helmet cam view and finished 5th
In Spain I finish about 4 seconds off the leader or win the stage by less then 2 seconds...not going to take 1st place that way. I can use helmet cam again. I love this sim ( its NOT a game )

RALLY ON 05-12-2003 12:01 PM

I have it on PS2. It is the same game as the one on X Box. The steering whell makes all the difference in the world. I would have to say that this is probably the most realistic game as far as car control is concerned. The graphics are great. The only complain that I have is the servicing part of the game. On Colin McRae2 you were able to distibute time to the different parts of the car that needed repairs. In the new game it is automatically done and only fixes some of the parts for you. I am just nitpicking the game but to be more realistic at rallying I think that strategizing your service is an important part of rallying. Anyways I give the game two thumbs up. And I can't wait to see what WRC2 has to offer.
Peace Marvin The Gravel Crew

essogas 05-12-2003 12:16 PM

WRC2 is called WRC 2 Extreme and I doubt it will be coming over here...:(

Soup Nazi 05-12-2003 04:39 PM

I e-mailed evo-studios and they told me WRC2 will be in America but didnt say when.
Most of my Euro friends have told me Colin 3 is a better rally sim but WRC2 has better features and the WRC license of all the cars,sponsors, and teams. The biggest thing wrong with WRC2 is that the pace notes arent as good as Colin 3
I dont really mind being unable to fix my own car at the service stage. I doubt that real drivers got much imput about this anyway. I wish it had the replay cams of Colin 2 where I could see just how well i drove the stage by using Behind Car view.