i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.i-club.com/forums/pacific-northwest-71/)
-   -   To anyone around Bellingham. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/pacific-northwest-71/anyone-around-bellingham-9339/)

Drivin Scooburz 02-14-2003 02:00 PM

To anyone around Bellingham.

Hi, I life in Bellingham Washington and I am trying to start a car club. I have some guys (about 15) but I am the only Scooby. If anyone living close to the Bellingham area wants to come out and see what’s up we meet every Sat at the Sherries restaurant on the guide at 10:30pm. (By the mall). I would love to anyone come out weather you have a Scooby or not, its the company that counts.

Feel free to e-mail me at [email]performance_ave@yahoo.com[/email] or call me at (360) 303-1464.

I hope to hear from you.
Johann Ave'

horatio102 02-15-2003 08:30 PM

10:30pm? :(
That's pretty close to my bedtime. ;)
Some of us aren't as young as we used to be anymore.

There's a half-dozen local subaru guys who get together every couple of weeks or so for dinner, usually wednesday or thursday at about 6:30-7ish.

Drivin Scooburz 02-16-2003 02:06 AM

Sweet

Well if you will have me I'd like to go some time. Let me know.

Thanx

Johann

Err 02-19-2003 10:37 AM

Largely OT

This is mostly OT, but while we're talking about Bellingham... ;-)

Any suggestions as to where to look for jobs up that way? Particularly computer geek jobs, or anything interesting.

I'm contemplating a move up to Bellingham and am quickly realizing that the Herald is _not_ the way to find a job. Not that the paper ever is...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

-Dave

horatio102 02-19-2003 08:59 PM

Heh.

Job?

Up here?

A buddy of mine used to work for DSHS up here somewhere, perhaps you could try a state agency.

Or go door-to-door.

Err 02-19-2003 09:12 PM

Heh... Door to door is one thing I'm considering. After corporate burnout, I'm contemplating freelance consulting, and I'd go door to door trying to drum up business with small companies.

A buddy of mine did well with a similar gig up there, but that was when the economy was a little better.

I don't think I'd consider a government job job, unless it was with the school. But... Everyone I know who's passed through WWU says they hire almost no 'professionals' and rely on easily exploitable student labor. Not that I minded being exploited when I was a student. ;)

Whatever the case, my logic so far is... If I'm gonna be poor and unemployed, might as well do it in a nice place.

-Dave

babyrex 07-14-2003 08:58 PM

Hey, my husband is putting in for a transfer to the Blaine/Lynden area. My family lives around the Gig Harbor and eventhough it is about 4 hours away, it is still closer than San Diego. I am hoping he gets the transfer obviously, so maybe we will see you around! How is the weather?

TeamSUBARU 07-14-2003 09:27 PM

[QUOTE]How is the weather?[/QUOTE]

Well, let's see. First it was cool and cloudy. Then it sprinkled rain. Then it cleared up and was sunny and warm. A good 15 degree temp swing. Gotta Love the WA weather!

horatio102 07-20-2003 12:42 PM

Gig Harbor? 4 hours away?
If you don't hit rush hour traffic Portland is about 4 hours from Bellingham. Seriously. Olympia is just over 2 hours.

The weather lately has been a bit hot for my taste - but I've got a darker tan than my dad's employees (and they pay to tan).

babyrex 07-23-2003 01:29 PM

I guess the speed limits have gone up since I lived in Washington last!!

So, are there any particular areas north of Bellingham that are better than others as far as weather and school systems (we have a 10 month old so plenty of time to worry about that)? I am really hoping we transfer up there, so I have been looking for houses on realtor.com, hopefully I haven't jinx'd (?) our chances already!!

kevster 07-31-2003 06:43 PM

I am in Everett, and Bellingham is not that far for me, but if ya all up North were to group up on saturdays around 6-7 pm I would come up to shoot the gab. Oh yeah I am 42 and single, anyone know of a great gal to set me up with? LOL.. her age Hm between 32 and 45. hey I gotta try.

horatio102 08-01-2003 02:58 AM

Babyrex - Bellingham to the WA border (portland/vancouver) is ~255 miles, with a healthy chunk of that at 70mph. Even at 60 that's just over 4 hours. :) Olympia to B'ham is about 150 miles (depending on where in Oly you go), which is about 2:20 at the speed limit.

horatio102 08-01-2003 03:00 AM

And as far as the area goes... your guess is as good as mine.