i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Ongoing Projects (https://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/)
-   -   Oshrizak's Plasma Blue Pearl Build (https://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/oshrizaks-plasma-blue-pearl-build-269707/)

oshrizak 05-25-2017 09:46 AM

Oshrizak's Plasma Blue Pearl Build

Alright everyone...

It seems to be time to finally make a post on whats really going on with my car.

Last month I experienced the knock of the devil on my 2013 Subaru STi. I'm not new to this experience and figured it was time to finally take control over it.

A little history..

I bought the car brand new off the lot at Timmons Subaru down in SoCal after my beloved 2012 WRX Hatchback got T-boned. I knew I always wanted a 6 speed and I knew I wanted DCCD and all those fancy bits... so here I went with an STi.

After quickly realizing how much I hated the suspension on the STi I upgraded to a Bilstein/GTWORX with RCE yellow Springs and Whiteline top hat setup. I found that it just wasnt working for me and I ended up selling the setup for a set of Ohlins R&T.

I then decided hey, lets replace all the bushings with polyurethane ones and I did exactly that with the help of whiteline.

After driving the car with this setup for some time.. I figured it was time to install a downpipe, full Corsa catback, KStech intake, and a Turbosmart Dualport BPV. The car drove perfectly for about 1.5 years with no hiccup.

Earlier this year, I started to get some bad stumbling and instantly knew something had gone wrong. All hoses were connected however, as soon as i opened my oil cap I knew I had some bad blow and the rings had gone bad.

After discussing with Mert at RBMS, we knew what the next step was and started to create a game plan. First Mert urged me to sleeve the block and thats where all the fun began :eyebrows:

As far as the build goes:

Shortblock:
EJ25 Dry-Sleeved with Darton
JE 99.5mm with 8.5 compression
King Bearings all around (stock sizing)
Manley 79mm Billet Crank
Wiseco Boostlie Rods

Now, I had no intention of upgrading the crank to a billet crank but that will be explained later on.

Heads:
Cosworth S2D camshafts
ARP 625+ Headstuds
GSC Beehive Valve Springs
GSC Intake and Exhaust Valves +1
GSC Intake and Exhaust Valve stopper
Port and Polished by the one and only Winston Bautista over at RBMS

Exhaust and other goodies:
Killer B headers
Rotated GTX3076R Gen II
Still deciding which turbosmart EWG I am getting however it will be dumped right back into the downpipe for less noise.
Still deciding which turbosmart BOV I will need
ETS front mount intercooler with a 3" core
Koyo Radiator
Once released, the Perrin Race Edition of their oil cooler (19 row)

Fueling:
Radium Top Feed Fuel Rail Upgrade Kit
Radium Dual External Pump Fuel Surge Tanks
Radium Dual Bosch 044 Horizontal Mount
Cobb FlexFuel kit

Now, some of you may say DAMN thats extensive work for such a turbo. Now the reason I did this was for preventative measure. I as well as I know you are too are just frustrated with the EJ25 platform. I wanted to transform it into something I can enjoy. Being that this car will be exclusively on E85 a majority of the time, I wanted to have a car with a powerband that matched what was going in it. I never intended for my motor to be this crazy however, I figured it was time to do it right in my eyes.

Lastly, I would like to thank RBMS and their team for working meticulously on building my dream as well as Cygnus Performance for providing the parts. None of this would have been achievable without them. As far as tuning goes, Travis from Snail Performance will be tuning the car. Seeing as Mike at GST is busy these days and wont be able to attend to my build I'm going to have to trailer the car up to Travis due to it being speed density and I wont be able to get a tune to drive it up there safely (so if anyone has a trailer please PM me!!)

oshrizak 05-25-2017 09:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Reserved for pictures and updates!

Say hello to my little friend!

oshrizak 07-03-2017 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Annnnd shes back girls and boys! Few more things are still on order like a killer b oil pan.. some nice fittings... Blah blah! Enjoy!

oshrizak 09-26-2017 03:18 PM

Looks like it's finally time to start her up! I went ahead and picked my car up from RBMS (Mert and Winston are awesome!!!). Drove it nearby the neighborhood and worked out all the leaks after a drive. Once everything was tightened down, I went ahead and drove it home for break in and just in time for BAM! Man oh man, does it sound mean and deep.. you can definitely hear the cams on idle. After 1500 miles of break in... It'll be time to install all the goodies, go speed density, and truly give the motor a run for its money.