NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

WTB Axle back exhaust for '06 Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:28 PM

Car Info: '06 OBS Special Edition
WTB Axle back exhaust for '06 Impreza

My muffler has a whistle under harder/higher rpm acceleration that seems to be a pretty regular thing with these cars. Looking for a cheap OEM replacement that can bolt right in, like the stock STi/WRX muffler from that generation.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Car Info: bugeye
I have a stock 02 exhaust from my WRX. If youre interested ill take a 100 for it.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:38 AM

Car Info: '06 OBS Special Edition
So i was pulling out of my friend's driveway in boulder creek and scraped something under my car. everything seemed ok while driving back to san jose but after i exited the freeway a mile from home and stopped at a light. something crazy happened.

when the light turned green and i started to let off the clutch and give gas, i heard a huge rumble and looked next to me because i thought it was coming from the truck in the other lane. but once i let off the gas i found out it was coming from my car. then i felt the car roll over something. then i knew something from the exhaust had fallen off my car. turns out it was the mid pipe with the resonator on it and by the time i could get it off the street, it had already been run over a few times because it was late and night.

so the bolts connecting the downpipe with the cat on it and the mid pipe must have rusted out and somehow the pipe came loose while i was at the light started dragging and just sheared off before the muffler.

so now i'm REALLY in need of an exhaust and need to keep it cheap so i'm looking for any used OEM cat back that someone has laying around and wants to get rid of.