NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: GR OEM Roof Rack w/Thule Bike Rack & Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 PM
J_B

Car Info: '09 WRX STI, DGM
FS: GR OEM Roof Rack w/Thule Bike Rack & Fairing & Mountain Bike

I will be in Dublin for the month of August for work and can meet there or in Roseville (where I live) on the weekend.

I purchased everything new March '09 when I bought my '09 STI.

OEM Roof rack w/the included 2 keys, Thule 594XT Sidearm bike rack and Thule wind fairing. If you're looking at the fairing and wondering WTF I did, I used the factory brackets, snapped off a piece of them to get them to fit the cross bars then used hose clamps to clamp to the bars. All covered in black plumbers tape.

I had to drill 2 new holes in the wheel gutter of the bike rack to run the bigger underside clamping piece but that's pretty much all I've done with it.

Rack was last used in August of '09. I used it approximately 10 times as I had broken my collarbone twice in 6 weeks up at Northstar June/July of '09. After the 2nd break, I took the season off and after 4.5 years of racing DH, I moved on and do not ride anymore.

**I do not know if this will fit any other year WRX besides '08 & up, so you will have to figure that one out for yourself.**

ASKING $180 OBO CASH. I need a SPT upper front strut brace/Cobb Shift ****/KartBoy rear endlinks.

Last edited by J_B; 08-14-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:20 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
PM'd
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 AM
J_B

Added: Santa Cruz Nomad, size medium

Reason for selling: After 11 years of riding xc and trail and 4.5 years of being a sponsored DH racer, I am no longer interested in riding. I came to this realization when the most challenging thing on the trail was trying to get done fast so I can go home and spend time with my son.

**I did not thoroughly clean it up. I am not a clean freak as it's a mountain bike, not a road bike.**

2007 Santa Cruz Nomad, Size Medium, 1 1/8" headtube.
-Bought new in 2008 from Kirt Voreis. Signed by him on left side of the downtube. *Not that it matters, just mentioning it.

2008 Fox Shox RP3

2008 Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air, 160mm of adjustable travel.

Parts:

Chris King "Pretty in Pink" breast cancer edition headset

SRAM XO front & rear shifter with rear medium cage rear derailleur

Avid Juicy 7 brakes w/185mm rotors front & rear

SRAM rear cassette & chain

Race Face Deus XC cranks w/2 chainring set up & Gamut bashguard

2008 Atom Lab AirCorp pedals. Will include Crank Bros Mallet & Acid pedals as well.

Shimano XT front derailleur

Thomson seat post & WTB Rocket seat

Thomson stem & Sunline Carbon bars & lock on grips

Mavic Crossmax XL tubeless wheels w/WTB Prowler MX 2.5 front & 2.3 rear. Converted to tubeless.

I had only ridden this on local trails consisting of an approximate 3 mile climb and then descent on rocky, loose trail.

I rode it off and on in 2008 but had only ridden it a few times in '09 at the beginning of the season. I had broken my collarbone twice in 6 weeks doing **** on my DH bike that I shouldn't have.

As with all mountain bikes, I've had a few crashes but nothing that caused me to take the bike in to have it checked. I have some scratches on the bottom bracket due to the chain dropping. The drive side rear triangle has been wrapped since day one.

Asking $1900 WILL NOT PART

Last edited by J_B; 08-14-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 AM
J_B

Rack still for sale.....