NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k

As of December 26th (a part of me didn't want to let this car go for months). SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Thanks for the last 15 years. I've made a lot of friends with this car around here.

The time has come. I'm sorry guys. It's up for sale. Just got a new car and I have no room to keep this car too in the long run. This has been my only car that's been with me through college and pretty much almost all of my adult life. It's been to about 8-10 years of BAM (Mt. Hamilton, Quarry Lakes, Alameda naval base, North Bay, etc.) and god knows how many Krispy Kreme Union City meets back in the day. Never taken to the track. Never raced. I drive like an old lady, ask Subydude or any OG I-Club member.

I'm the 2nd owner and I've owned this car since December of 2002 when it had about 23k on the odometer. The previous owner was meticulous with the paperwork and has all the random dealer papers, including an original I-Club.com business card that a member from the old site (which is now NASIOC.com) left on the car one day. Anyway, the details.

Good:
  • Title in hand, yay!
  • 60k was done by Carlsen Subaru (back when Kevin was still master tech)
  • 90k was done by LIC Motorsports (along with a couple Kartboy bits)
  • 105k plus the dreaded EJ25 headgasket job was done by AutoHQ (Kevin Wong)
  • JDM Legacy B4 bronze 17x7 wheels (or better known as UK WRX wheels)
  • 2.5RS coupe wing
  • Factory compass gauge pack
  • Lower mileage than the other 2.5RS GC's listed on Craigslist
  • Very little to no mods (Kartboy rear endlinks, shifter bushings, GD WRX rear sway bar, Subydude adjustable billet short shifter)
  • The motor is so stock that I never removed the factory hood scoop cover from under the hood. Yes, it's a non-functional hood scoop just like Subaru intended it between 1998-2001.
  • WRX front seats (no rips or weird holes on front & rear seats)
  • A/C blows cold (had the pulley and belts replaced late last year)
  • Original 2.5RS floor mats (it sounds silly to list, but who still has these on their cars?)
  • Comes with free stereo gear (Rockford Fosgate amp, Polk sub installed, component set and rear 6.5" Polk speakers still in box)
  • OG I-Club.com sticker on the rear window

Bad:
  • Paint oxidation (the car's parked outside as a daily driver, it's old, it happens)
  • Front bumper scuff (see photo) as well as other minor paint chips, bumps, and bruises as any other older car that's been driven everyday.
  • Needs new tires eventually
  • Needs new shocks eventually
  • Driver's side brake light needs a new socket (tail lights work, but the brake light shuts off when you press on the brake)
  • Most likely needs a new master clutch cylinder. The clutch pedal gets stuck to the floor when driving the car in hot weather. I had to pop it back up with the top of my foot on hotter days. My Jordan 4s got scuff marks from it on the top of the toe box. LOL.
  • CEL due to bad knock sensor (I have the replacement part, just don't have a socket extension to replace it)
  • Circa 2001 JVC stereo headunit is sorta broken, the mechanism that tilts and opens the CD player's faceplate is malfunctioning. So it's just radio and aux in. I'd just buy a newer headunit if I were you.
  • Blown passenger side door speaker (probably happened during my EDM trap music binge)
  • The arm rest extension is busted, so I removed the lid from it since it won't snap close anymore.

No parting out or trades of any kind. Dude, this car's pretty much stock, WTF do I have to even part out with? Will not trade for other cars since I just bought a new one.

Asking $5500 OBO. I priced it with all the issues in mind. There's RS's in worse condition and higher mileage selling for $6k. If this is an unreasonable asking price to you, then this car isn't for you. I hope it goes to a good home, that's why I posted it here first. The first car forum I personally called home. PM if interested.

LOCATED IN SAN LEANDRO & HAYWARD CA
Attached Thumbnails FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1759.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1753.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1735.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1755.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1752.jpg  

FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1743.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1745.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1746.jpg   FS: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS sedan (5-speed manual, silverthorn metallic) approx. 144k-img_1750.jpg  

Last edited by Hollandaze; 12-28-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Editing details of the car.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 95 Legacy wagon
Looks like mine, but silver.

Great price and GLWS!