i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Classifieds (https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/)
-   -   BRZ 4 Sale (https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/brz-4-sale-243837/)

ravent 08-10-2012 03:11 PM

BRZ 4 Sale

I haven't even picked it up yet (Aug 29th due in) and will have to sell it...Ordered in March: White premium w/ nothing on it, also got white TE37's (17x7.5 +48) and a CF driveshaft, and a shark fin antenna. Wife says NO!!!!
$1000 deposit and $1000 Dealer markup...someone would like this I am sure. :sign0085:

turdb0 08-10-2012 03:26 PM

dump the wife!

pr0jectmayhem 08-10-2012 03:33 PM

did u pay in full or something?? should be able to get deposit back. friend of mine put a deposit down on a BRZ ended up with the FRS and then just picked up his deposit.

pr0jectmayhem 08-10-2012 03:34 PM

yah im with turdb0 sell her not the car.
pssshh tell me no...ill fold down the rear seats and sleep it then.

Silver Mojo 08-10-2012 03:34 PM

I bought a car before without the wife knowing...good times :(

Vladi 08-10-2012 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=turdb0;3278779]dump the wife![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

ravent 08-10-2012 03:37 PM

I ordered it without telling her but thought I should tell her before it got here...BIG mistake.

pr0jectmayhem 08-10-2012 03:39 PM

man sucks, remember when you get new things and didnt tell them you bought it you always say i traded for it. haha i posted on my car clubs FB page hope you find someone to take it, wish i could...

FXTbrah 08-10-2012 03:54 PM

Smart wife. Id vote no on the 2wd Subaru as well :evil:

SkizzDawg 08-10-2012 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Silver Mojo;3278783]I bought a car before without the wife knowing...good times :([/QUOTE]

I did that with my current STi, I picked her up for lunch and asked her "how do you like the new car?" She replied with "who's car is it really.." (with a WTF DID YOU JUST GO AND BUY look on her face). I told her it was this or another R1 or ZX10.. She now loves the car :evil:

sybir 08-10-2012 04:03 PM

Sorry, Randy. Will float it around and see if I can find anyone interested for you.

BlaineWasHere 08-10-2012 04:05 PM

Why can't you just get your deposit back? I put like 6 deposits down at various Scion/Subi dealers before I bought my FRS. I got all my other deposits back.

Also dealers marking this car up pisses me off to no end! I walked away from a BRZ because the dealer wanted $2.5K over MSRP. Paid not a cent over MSRP for the FRS.

BlaineWasHere 08-10-2012 04:07 PM

Also, there is a pretty big NorCal group on the FT86 boards, if you post it over there this should be taken care of quickly.

[url=http://www.ft86club.com/forums/]Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB - Powered by vBulletin[/url]

joltdudeuc 08-10-2012 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=ravent;3278773]I haven't even picked it up yet (Aug 29th due in) and will have to sell it...Ordered in March: White premium w/ nothing on it, also got white TE37's (17x7.5 +48) and a CF driveshaft, and a shark fin antenna. Wife says NO!!!!
$1000 deposit and $1000 Dealer markup...someone would like this I am sure. :sign0085:[/QUOTE]

Randy!

Man, I just don't have that in the funds... Good luck. Miss you man!

turdb0 08-10-2012 04:30 PM

Can't you just buy the wife a new Gucci bag?

kspek 08-10-2012 04:57 PM

good luck with sale, i was going to get a brz also but my g/f said why not the lotus exige since i like that car more, so no more brz for me as of now.

Alliedforces86 08-10-2012 07:19 PM

Where did you find a CF driveshaft already? Also what brand made the shark fin? Is it a generic one or BRZ/frs specific?

If you want you can do some doughnuts in my frs with your wife to show her how fun they are:thumb:

04caliwrx 08-10-2012 08:14 PM

tell the wife to piss off! you are a big doy and if you want something you get it. Sorry for the loss of a car :(

Vladi 08-10-2012 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=turdb0;3278808]Can't you just buy the wife a new Gucci bag?[/QUOTE]

Or trade her in for a newer model:evil:

moto96793 08-10-2012 08:44 PM

if ya dont have any kids with her yet do what vladi says and get a new model... if u have kids, its cheaper to keep her. i hounded my wifey for over a year b4 she finally gave in...

pwn 08-11-2012 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=kspek;3278811]good luck with sale, i was going to get a brz also but my g/f said why not the lotus exige since i like that car more, so no more brz for me as of now.[/QUOTE]

Not really two comparable cars imo, I hope you've driven one and know what you'd be getting yourself into. Start spending time on lotustalk.com if you haven't already.

(had one and loved it, just warning you)

wrxgirl08 08-11-2012 01:25 PM

If you haven't taken delivery or SIGNED THE FINANCE PAPERWORK then you haven't bought the car. Go to your dealership and ask for your deposit back. You have NOT bought the car yet.

pr0jectmayhem 08-11-2012 02:21 PM

Yah wrxgirl08 is right if you havnt signed anything it's not yours. I work at a dealership and talked to the salesmen about it they said the same.

wrxgirl08 08-11-2012 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=pr0jectmayhem;3279025]Yah wrxgirl08 is right if you havnt signed anything it's not yours. I work at a dealership and talked to the salesmen about it they said the same.[/QUOTE]

I am a sales consultant at a dealership :evil: a deposit is not binding. Also, in case anyone is interested we don't mark up at my dealership. Go to the dealership and demand your deposit back, then bring in your wife to mind and i'll talk her into another one!

Vladi 08-11-2012 04:29 PM

Just out of curiosity: how is a deposit not binding?
Isn't that the whole point of a deposit? Like you're giving a person money to represent the fact that you will in fact buy the car no matter what unless said car is not what was described in sales negotiation, etc. Or is it different between private sellers and dealerships?

pr0jectmayhem 08-11-2012 04:42 PM

A deposit at a dealership is basically just holding your spot in line. Not binding at all Like pre ordering a video game or movie.

Private seller is different. Kinda whatever you and the private seller agree upon. I'm sure there are laws to protect private sellers and buyers but much harder to enforce.

wrxgirl08 08-11-2012 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=VladiWrX;3279050]Just out of curiosity: how is a deposit not binding?
Isn't that the whole point of a deposit? Like you're giving a person money to represent the fact that you will in fact buy the car no matter what unless said car is not what was described in sales negotiation, etc. Or is it different between private sellers and dealerships?[/QUOTE]

Nothing is final until the finance paperwork is signed and you've taken the car home. If you have a deposit on a car the dealer won't sell it out from under you. But this car isn't technically his yet so he can't sell it. And it isn't like it's hard to sell these cars if someone backs out. BRZ's are in high demand because no one has them. If he can't afford to buy the car or his wife won't let him he can go to the dealer, explain that, and get his deposit back before the car even arrives. A deposit reserves the car for you. You haven't officially bought it yet. Understand? I don't know why this guy would want to take a hit and lose money by buying a brand new car and selling it right after.

pr0jectmayhem 08-11-2012 04:50 PM

Yah def some part of the story we don't have like I said in my first post my friend had a deposit on a BRZ decided to buy an FRS instead and just went and got his money back from Subaru. Not even a hassle.

wrxgirl08 08-11-2012 04:53 PM

^because legally in CA you can get your money back.

Vladi 08-11-2012 06:11 PM

Got it. Thanks

BlaineWasHere 08-12-2012 08:59 AM

Isn't that the whole point of a deposit? Like you're giving a person money to represent the fact that you will in fact buy the car no matter what unless said car is not what was described in sales negotiation, etc. Or is it different between private sellers and dealerships?[/QUOTE]

Even if you are buying a car privately the deposit is not binding. Like I said I put 5 deposits down to buy this car, only bought it ONCE and one dealer. Got all my other deposits back.

chicagozer 08-12-2012 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=BlaineWasHere;3279199]Even if you are buying a car privately the deposit is not binding.[/QUOTE]

We agree to disagree.

If I write the receipt for your "deposit" as an "option to buy" for a fixed timeframe you will not see a refund from me if you choose not to exercise the option.

ravent 08-12-2012 03:36 PM

AWESOME!!!! Such help couldn't be more welcome at this time. This thread has not only helped my plight in so many ways but also to re-link with the past.

I want the STi version and between now and then (whenever the STi comes) I think my wife may soften in her rejection of the BRZ. I told the dealer I'd like to change the order and the answer was, not at this time. This is also the second date I have been told the car would be there...will it really be there? I am preparing.

BlaineWasHere 08-12-2012 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=chicagozer;3279232]We agree to disagree.

If I write the receipt for your "deposit" as an "option to buy" for a fixed timeframe you will not see a refund from me if you choose not to exercise the option.[/QUOTE]

I acknowledge the deposit may be lost, but the sale is still not binding.

pr0jectmayhem 08-12-2012 06:44 PM

They (the dealer) would have an argument with you if they car was there but they don't have it there so they have no leg to stand on. And even if you signed a agreeing to buy based on deposit it's CA so it wouldn't mean **** without you having the keys in your hand.
And if a dealer wanted to fight you on it it would do more harm then good for $1000. They would get way more bad press trying to fight it. There's already a lack of good subie dealers in the bay.

wimprezax06 08-14-2012 11:05 PM

im a sales as well. dealerships ask for deposit its really just make sure you are serious lol even if you sign the paper and walk out the door and change your mind in the last min before taking your car home, you can still say no to the car, and dealership can't do anything about it. that is why dealers tries everything to tell you TAKE THE CAR HOME TODAY! once the car drive off the lot, its YOURS!

deposit use it properly is to hold the car that is very high on demand, or in this case ordering the car. so once the car get to the dealer, you will have the first dip getting the car. if you decided you didnt like it, just take your deposit back, and the dealer wouldn't care at all, because they will sell it right away if the car is high on demand, unless you order a yellow or red one lol