i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Classifieds (https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/)
-   -   '04 32k mi. WRX Stage 4 auto; fully loaded $14k/offer (https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/04-32k-mi-wrx-stage-4-auto%3B-fully-loaded-%2414k-offer-235820/)

cldupont 10-12-2011 10:35 AM

'04 32k mi. WRX Stage 4 auto; fully loaded $14k/offer

4 Attachment(s)
'04 subie stage 4 by Easy St for sale; all possible options, fully loaded, 365hp. WRX automatic (low insur cost). Only 32k miles. Must sell; how about $14k? Cost about $50k! Car is near Berkeley. Heck, the wheels alone cost $5k (ProLine; England). Won't pass smog as-is, due to mods...
Stored in secure location, just so you know...
Contact Col at [email]cldupont@gmail.com[/email] or 415-233-2330

LOL_VTEC 10-12-2011 10:39 AM

365 crank? On the auto trans? What's the mods? Ej205? Turbo?

burnyou2 10-12-2011 10:49 AM

Might be a dumb question, but aren't those Prodrive wheels?

slugrx 10-12-2011 10:51 AM

Yeah they look like prodrives to me, which aren't 5k$ wheels...and although I'm not interested in buying, clarification on mods etc would be really helpful for a potential buyer glws

burnyou2 10-12-2011 10:52 AM

Just my $.02 Wouldn't it be better to part out all the mods and make it smog legal then sell it? Vs. trying to sell it for more w/ all the mods and leave the burden of smog on the buyer.

cldupont 10-12-2011 10:55 AM

Hi - I 'inherited' it; don't know everything I should; big turbo (365 at crank, probably), automatic trans, up/down pipes, timer and some other gauge (with numbers)?! Price was no object, fully loaded from factory and Easy Street; as stated, wheels alone cost orig buyer $5k so you can extrapolate level of mods and options by that. I do have some of the old receipts somewhere. It's been pampered; I drive mellow most of time, etc. If you're a serious buyer you'll want to explore deeper and then buy! Won't pass smog as-is due to mods... must sell; cheap!

burnyou2 10-12-2011 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=slugrx;3149071]Yeah they look like prodrives to me, which aren't 5k$ wheels...and although I'm not interested in buying, clarification on mods etc would be really helpful for a potential buyer glws[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought so. I'm not familiar with Prodrive wheels at all but I didn't think they were 5K :noidea: Yeah my grids were 1k new, 1700 w/ tires, but the moment I mounted them :giggity: they won't sell for more then 6-800.

cldupont 10-12-2011 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=slugrx;3149071]Yeah they look like prodrives to me, which aren't 5k$ wheels...and although I'm not interested in buying, clarification on mods etc would be really helpful for a potential buyer glws[/QUOTE]
They are ProDrive wheels; I was told they are $5k; how much ARE they? They are really lightweight... I feel bad if they aren't as expensive as I said; not trying to mislead...
Col
[email]cldupont@gmail.com[/email]

cldupont 10-12-2011 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=burnyou2;3149072]Just my $.02 Wouldn't it be better to part out all the mods and make it smog legal then sell it? Vs. trying to sell it for more w/ all the mods and leave the burden of smog on the buyer.[/QUOTE]
I'm not a mechanic and I don't want have the time/knowledge to sell the parts; hopefully a buyer could sell some/all of the mods and then offer it stock...or it could be made to pass then... I hope to get an offer, at least; probably not at the price I asked for... Oh yeah, it does have nearly new tires, too.

burnyou2 10-12-2011 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=cldupont;3149083]They are ProDrive wheels; I was told they are $5k; how much ARE they? They are really lightweight... I feel bad if they aren't as expensive as I said; not trying to mislead...
Col
[email]cldupont@gmail.com[/email][/QUOTE]

No worries man. If you are truly new to the subaru community it's understandable. I've asked such dumb things as if someone was running a wrx 2.0L N/A so it happens, and I'm not even new to this stuff!

Truth is (if they are p7's, which I think they are) they go for around 600 from what I've seen. Price new does not matter because they a no longer such.

It is tough to find someone with enough free time to get it smog legal that also has the money to do so. Regardless, Good Luck With Sale (GLWS) and stick around here and search the things that are on your car. Maybe you'll come to learn enough about it that you'll keep it!

burnyou2 10-12-2011 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=cldupont;3149084]I'm not a mechanic and I don't want have the time/knowledge to sell the parts; hopefully a buyer could sell some/all of the mods and then offer it stock...or it could be made to pass then... I hope to get an offer, at least; probably not at the price I asked for... Oh yeah, it does have nearly new tires, too.[/QUOTE]

Totally understandable. Free time is a luxury these days! lol.

The smog thing is really your only speed bump in all this I think. If I had the money I'd be ll over it. It'd be a nice project car for sure.

There is always someone interested, just might take a little bit to find the right buyer:D

cldupont 10-12-2011 11:08 AM

They're not ProDrive wheels; ProLine, from England; very lightweight, for racing, usually. At least that's probably accurate; I know they were very impressed at Easy Street; they were bought from the Subaru dealer, along with the fully loaded factory package (sunroof, etc.)

burnyou2 10-12-2011 11:12 AM

Maybe someone can clarify between Prodrive and Proline. I don't have the knowledge on either of these. the logo looks almost identical though. I'm trying to find info ATM.

slugrx 10-12-2011 11:33 AM

if you look closely, it says prodrive on the wheel (bottom of wheel 3rd picture)

burnyou2 10-12-2011 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=slugrx;3149103]if you look closely, it says prodrive on the wheel (bottom of wheel 3rd picture)[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought but the clarity on my comp. blows so I took the OP's word for it.