Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

(0: ˙ ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ɯoɹɟ ʎɐp,פ

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 AM

Car Info: 1998 Club Spec WRX
(0: ˙ ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ɯoɹɟ ʎɐp,פ

Greetings from downunder..I was searching for an answer on Google and found your club so I thought i would sign in and say g'day.. Good to see so many rexs over there. I believe you guys didn't get rexs till the Bugeye models came out, but there are some GC8 models there , I guess through private import.
I have been a big fan of WRXs since I first drove one back in 1993.. We have 6 children and now that they have grown up and we no longer need to drive 8 seater vans I have started a collection of WRXs..
I first bought a 1998 Club Spec Evo 2 WRX about 5 years ago.. This is it..

It has a 2.5 ltr from a 2005 model WRX plus 4 pot break upgrade as well as lots of other mods.. It makes 180 kwts (240 HP) ATW on 15 lb of boost..
My wife liked it soo much she kept using it instead of "the van"

So I bought her a WRX of her own...

Well now my children are all old enough to drive so now we have ended up with a nice collection of WRXs...

As you can see we have just about enough rexs to start our own club..
The white V6 sti also has had a 2.5ltr transplant and at 18lb it is making 230kwts (310hp).
Anyway , just thought I'd say Hi.. I am off to have a look at your photo gallery to see what you have been up to..
If you want to know anything about OZ or if you think I can help in any way , please feel free to ask. Cheers...
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Nice collection! Welcome to IClub sir
Old 12-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Welcome to the club
Old 12-30-2013, 08:01 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
You realize we hate you right? :P the gc8 was the best! We had a na 2.5 rs gc8, not a ej20 powered Wrx. The one loophole we have is we can put a 02+ motors In a gc8 and its smog legal. If I was where you are I'd be seeking out a 22b... Your cars are very nice dude!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 PM

Yes a 22B would be nice BUT they sell here for $60,000 - $85,000 depending on KLMs..Australian rules are you are not allowed to import any model cars that were sold by manufacturres here... eg..you can't import a cheap Bugeye Sti which you can pick up in japan for a few thousand dollars because they were sold here.. If you do import such a car it is for track use only. The loop hole here is if it is a private import..that is, you live in Japan and bring or send it over. We also have this Mitsubishi Evo V ..

You can import those because they were never sold here..
This 22B is on carsales .com at the moment.. $99,800....
1998 Subaru Impreza GC8 22B WRX 22B STi All Wheel Drive
I think I will pass on that one. I do have a Ozzy friend who has been living in Japan for 15 years and is married to a Japanese lady. He has offered to send me one. The Evo was sent by him. But even there they are expensive and insurance would be expensive. There are plenty of 2 door Stis for sale here. The go for around $30K but I have had 2 door cars in the past and they are a pain for passengers..
The 2.5 engine has lots of torque and is fantastic in a GC8. Both our GC8s have 2.5 upgrades. We run VF 22 turbos which are the biggest of the VF turbos. They are very laggy on a 2 liter but on a 2.5 they are perfect.
We live in a nice rural valley with some of the best mountain road in our state just 15 minutes away and now that I am retired I can join in on the mid week cruises when there is no other traffic around. There is a fantastic mountain loop that takes about 2 hours to complete with nice places on the way for a coffee and a chat..
I don't bother with the weekend cruises as there is too many site seers and cops on the roads and I am a bit spoilt by having the roads to my self on week days.. Cheers..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:47 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon, 06 LGT Wagon
Very Nice collection indeed! I have bit of a habit collecting Subarus and parts that's why I opened shop in July of 2013!

I've got to visit Australia some day. I have relatives in Melbourne but haven't time to visit.

Welcome to I-club
Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Welcome to i-club! Very nice stable of cars!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:16 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
You are living the life, im sure you have worked hard to deserve it too brother :cheers: your cars are awesome
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
The Evo V!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:35 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Welcome to this side of the states mate! What part of Australia do you reside in?

I wonder who my buddies 22B belongs to now since he had last sold it.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:09 AM

Hi..We are in Brisbane. Capital city of the State of Queensland. It is on the East coast from half way up , all the way to the top to Cape York. I think is roughly 2 1/2 times the size of Texas. That is the state with the Gold Coast, Great barrier Reef . Some of the best beaches and rain forest in the world. Great place to live. Those mountains you can see in the background is where Steve Irwin's Australian Zoo is located. It is about an hour from my house. I think you guys see him and his family on the Discovery channels.
Yes Javirex23 an Evo V but we keep it locked in the basement...it's the black sheep in the family..
I am sure our neighbors are not happy with us having soo many "noisy" cars... Personally I love the sound of a hot rex...
I have spent a lot of time upgrading the suspension on the Blue one which is my daily drive. It has 22ml Whiteline sways front and back. Whiteline ALK and bar link ends as well as strut tower bracing. It has King Low springs which bring the front down about 1 1/2 inches and the back about 1 inch. I have the suspension set up for "spirited " driving. I have purposely made it quiet so I can have fun without attracting too much attention. It has a duel ceramic downpipe and high tech exhaust. The engine bay looks standard even though there has been a fair bit of moding. The stock airbox is still in place BUT there is no resonator and there is a big funnel that sucks air into the airbox with an Apexi air filter. I have cut a vent in the front in the brake cooling conduit to push cool air into the mud guard. The intercooler is an sti which has been painted black. It has also been tilted up at the back by 3/4 inch and the rubber boot under the bonnet has been trimmed to compensate for the different angle. This tilt increase air flow. It also has auto water jet sprays onto the intercooler. Walbro fuel Pump. larger injectors. VF22 turbo. Unichip and boost controller. I purposely only run 15lb of boost because I want it to last. It is still very fast due to the 2.5 ltr and being so light. I have 2 friends who both have 2012 stis with a few mods and neither can keep up either in a straight line or through the hills. I love that car. I have a neighbor with a Porche Boxter and he likes to play. He hates my $15,000 16 year old rex as well...
SUMBARU .... Air fairs here are cheap. It is 2000ks to Melbourne from here but you can fly for $69 ..... I would love to visit North America. You have some pretty amazing places there I would love to see. I have thought of House/car swapping for a holiday...only problem would be ...We still have 5 out of our 6 children still living at home.. They are having a new years eve party here at the moment and I can hardly hear my self think..Not really a party animal any more.. Cheers and Happy New Year to you all...

Last edited by Stifull; 12-31-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Welcome!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:11 AM

Car Info: a Scoobie
....very nice collection of subies! you indeed have a great collection and also are very lucky to be able to have this cars.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:30 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Ahhh Brisbane, I only know WA Perth territory and Perth-Wrx.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:18 AM

I saw the US on the news again tonight with your incredibly cold winter. Snowed in airports and roads etc.. Looks beautiful.. I am 60 and never seen snow.. The rexs must love that cold weather...It was 97 degrees here today and I have been hiding in the air-conditioning.. Melbourne has been over 105 almost every day for over a week with raging fires and over a hundred homes lost...Australia is like that.. Floods and droughts..Anyway be careful on the ice and snow.. Cheers..

Quick Reply: (0: ˙ ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ɯoɹɟ ʎɐp,פ