i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   New England (https://www.i-club.com/forums/new-england-34/)
-   -   June 28th - Danbury Mall Meet (https://www.i-club.com/forums/new-england-34/june-28th-danbury-mall-meet-21951/)

Zapix 06-10-2003 07:24 PM

June 28th - Danbury Mall Meet

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet - Connecticut

[SIZE=3]
Sponsored by: [URL="http://www.speedsporttechnik.net/"]SpeedSport Technik[/URL] & [URL="http://www.marcusdairy.com"]Marcus Dairy[/URL]

Organized by: Dan (Zapix)
[/SIZE]

[b]When:[/b] June 28th, 2003
[b]Where:[/b] Danbury, CT
[b]Place:[/b] Marcus Dairy
[b]Time:[/b] 10am -3pm

[b]Address:[/b] 3 Sugar Hollow Rd., Danbury, CT 06810

[b]Parking:[/b] Parking will be under the bridge at Marcus Dairy. They own they property, and it will easily fit at least 150 cars there.

[b]NOTICE:[/b] Because I was lucky enough to get some sponsorship at the last minute, this should prove to be much more successful than I thought. However, while these rules applied before, I am going to state them here and now. I 100% fully expect all of you to follow these very simple rules!

[b]1.) ABSOLUTELY NO RACING OF ANY KIND!
2.) ABSOLUTELY NO BURN OUTS OR STUNTS!
3.) ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS!
4.) ABSOLUTELY NO LITTERING
5.) PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY AND SURROUNDING AREA![/b]

There will be police nearby and watching. If you are found to be racing, or pulling any stunts you will be immediately arrested.
Also, Marcus Dairy is having a car show at 5pm. Those guys will start showing up around 3:30. So they have asked we leave by 3pm.

[b]Who's Invited:[/b] Everyone!

So... Who's On The List?
Lots of guys from New York and CT, with people from MA, NJ and PA coming?!? WOW! You guys better start planning your caravans!

I have invited people from ClubWRX, NASIOC, WRXFanatics.com, and i-club. And... Some other places.

[b]
1.) Zapix
2.) jedimaster
3.) Weasel 555
4.) PlatinumWRX
5.) RSMatt
6.) Deslock
7.) 03WRXMA
8.) ^jynx^
9.) Ugly
10.) Italiano
11.) ILBCNU
12.) Stripe
13.) YaZahX
14.) moss
15.) SUBY2.5
16.) MikeWRX-NJ
17.) Edvig
18.) planehpn
19.) white knight
20.) cronic
21.) NeedaScooby
22.) BlackWRX
23.) coyote73176
24.) Pinochle
25.) Wht-RS
26.) McDade
27.) djcollabo
28.) hypov
29.) TequillaSunrise82
30.) Cofusion
31.) Ru Fan
32.) BassFace
33.) Dakz
34.) Sobelizard109
35.) MadMax
36.) Hozay
37.) Barry
38.) N'CTRL
39.) ravnazn
40.) ERaab212
41.) REXLESS
42.) MPREZIV
43.) MalakingTiti
44.) Lunch
45.) ANashTy
46.) BlueWRX
47.) gumby1976
48.) Jay04WRX
49.) Jersey-Girl
50.) Fat Tits
51.) TomCtWRX
52.) silver_rex_4eat
53.) dragonflyr
54.) platano
55.) pitbul09
56.) Silver '02 REX
57.) needarealcar
58.) Invidious
59.) Keith99RS
60.) DDImpreza
61.) IS300
62.) hys420
63.) creature546
64.) tegnwrx
65.) bedabi
66.) mr. blonde
67.) WRBlue5spd
68.) SoLiDbReAkZ
69.) scoobydrew06
70.) bustaman
71.) sochico
72.) Tyrannosarus Rex
73.) RSEnigma
74.) Hitokiri
75.) vcapra
76.) cyrilgrey
77.) DonkeyPunch
78.) ituner
79.) wickedbluwrx
80.) 1wrxDRIFTING
81.) STiStyle
82.) fengshui-fu
83.) legacychop
84.) Boxologist
85.) AntsWRX
86.) CTRallyRacer

NESIC Guests : 7

evolutionm.net Guests : 19 People
[/b]

I'm guessing a good number of people on the list will be bringing somebody with them! This is going to be one great meet!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkblue][B][I]Total: 112[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

HUGE meet so far! Come on! More people! :D

While I'm at it... Here's a little eye candy for ya! :D
[IMG]http://members.aol.com/zapixwrx/images/march22.jpg[/IMG]

Look for that car (or heck, any WRX will do!) if you feel lost! ;)

Last but not least, there are some final words I would like to add in.

Jay (Jay04WRX), thank you very much for your last minute efforts and talking to Mitch at SpeedSport. This has been a big help to the meet, and should ensure it's success!

Big special thanks to Mitch at SpeedSport. Thank you very much for your help! You and Jay both have made this final detail possible, and taken a chunk of stress I've had on last minute planning.

Also a big special thanks to Steve at Marcus Dairy. I appreciate you allowing us to use your property to host this. I promise to do my best to make sure there is no racing, or anything that would cause trouble. While I've had no intention on racing or the sort happening, I hope you know I intend to treat the area with respect as I normally would. I will emphasize to people there to do the same.

Thank you to each of you for helping out this last minute detail, which for the most part is one of the most important details! When planning for the 2004 meet, I will certainly be looking to you guys for some help! :)

[SIZE=3]
[url]http://www.speedsporttechnik.net[/url]
[url]http://www.marcusdairy.com[/url]
[/SIZE]

If there are any question or comments, feel free to contact me!

TomCtWRX 06-11-2003 11:12 AM

Damn....

Thats a pretty big freakin meet....count me in; that's if i still have my car and haven't sold it by then:-P

Tom

legacy2003 06-11-2003 05:04 PM

fug i wish i could go but my graduation party is that day.

Zapix 06-11-2003 06:22 PM

Tom, you're more than welcome to come along with ir without a rex. Not even all that concerned about it being a Subaru! :P

I'm expecting about 20 more people or so. Maybe even more. So, 70... Maybe 75 people? Even more sick if it hits 100!

Zapix 06-13-2003 10:52 PM

Updated the list of people going...

Also, here is the NASIOC link.
Check there for most current updates on the meet.

[url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364737[/url]

silver_rex_4eat 06-15-2003 07:47 PM

count me in too

Ill be joining you guys now that the weather has broken i hope for good well ne ways see u there

IS300 06-17-2003 03:35 PM

count me in. ill be there

Zapix 06-18-2003 07:35 PM

Updated the first post with the newest details... Or should I say the final details really. Just plotting out the drive now, which won't be anything huge. Trying to find a good park in the area to take over! ;)

84 people on the list as going.

~ Dan

silver_rex_4eat 06-20-2003 04:15 PM

sounds like a great meet

So have you figured out yet what park we are driving too? I have gone to a few meets xxtuning etc but this one sounds sweet. Seeyou guys there. Ill be driving from torrington so 8 south to 84. ANy one from this corner of the state heading there? Let me know if u want to caravan. Ill have to check out those radios at walmart. I cant wait see ya there

chris

inski21 06-20-2003 04:30 PM

Too far for me, but have fun everyone!

Zapix 06-20-2003 04:48 PM

Re: sounds like a great meet

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by silver_rex_4eat [/i]
[B]So have you figured out yet what park we are driving too? I have gone to a few meets xxtuning etc but this one sounds sweet. Seeyou guys there. Ill be driving from torrington so 8 south to 84. ANy one from this corner of the state heading there? Let me know if u want to caravan. Ill have to check out those radios at walmart. I cant wait see ya there

chris [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I'm leaving my house about 8:45am or so... I'll be connecting from 691 to 84, then all the way down to Danbury. Torrington is like 30 minutes from Waterbury if I remember. Used to drive from Waterbury to Torrington often. If you wanna meet in Waterbury (if you're going to the pre-meet), let me know.

As for the drive, it's undecided really. I plooted routes for a drive, and marked where the local parks are. We need a lot of area for parking, and Kent Falls has been somewhat ruled out for this. 93 people on the list! Who knows how many people they'll bring with them. I will very likely take a drive out in that area Sunday to see if I can find anything good. Depends on the weather.

Anyway, I talked to Marcus Dairy, and they're overwhelmed with this. Basically told me, they can't really handle a group this size. Fitting all these people inside, won't work really. Although... How many people are going to eat? Who knows. The big boss guy is looking into some options for us, talking to some friends he has in the business. I'll know the details of that on Tuesday. Possilbly catering! Nothing is changing about meeting at Marcus Dairy at the moment though. I see no reason to change this over something so trivial.

So, those are the details.

I would have put much more planning into this meet had I any clue it was going to be this big!

After this meet, I'm going to start looking into ideas for the 2004 Northeast-SIC Regional Meet, which will be obviously... Next year!

If anyone else is going to the premeet and wants to meet up in Waterbury, say at the Mall parkinglot, let me know.

~ Dan

silver_rex_4eat 06-22-2003 07:54 AM

question

those walkie talkie things that you were talking about that you can buy at walmart for around 8 dollars is there a particular brand or what? I was thinking of picking one up for meet. If everyone is on the same channel wont there be to much commotion? Any update on plans and such zapix ill see you there

chris

Zapix 06-22-2003 11:34 AM

Not in particular is there a specific brand. Really it depends on how much you want to spend too. I got one with GMRS, which you need to apply for an FCC license to use the GMRS stations. All you have to do is be 18, an American citizen, and not be working for a foreign government. GMRS can cost you as little as $20 to as much as like... $50 (or more) with a range that is 5 to 7 miles. FRS doesn't change, and continues to be 2 miles though. So, technically all you need is an FRS radio. If you want to spend the extra on it though, go for it! the FRS/GMRS combos are built nicer, and have privacy codes. I think there are a few brands though that run in the $8 to $10 range.

As for the channel having mass numbers of people talking, yes, it could. However, for the meet, I don't see people using other than to contact somebody in particular, ask a question or something like that.

For the drive, it would be essential to be on the same channel incase somebody got broken off, or needed to stop for some reason. What I am planning is to print some maps out of where we are going, and make group leaders. 10 to 15 people per group. It will be the group leader responsibility to keep everyone in their together, and relay information back to the group regarding traffic, hazards, police, etc., that is not received from me. Think of the group leader as the navigator. Also, a secondary leader at the back of the group who should communicate with the group leader to be sure everyone is with them, and no seperation. We won't be going anywhere really complicated, but it's to be sure nobody gets lost. Happened to me before, and it sucked!

I might bring my fathers GMRS/FRS to set a station for people to contact me only on a different channel for say... Name tags, meet info, help, or whatever.

Zapix 06-23-2003 01:54 PM

So everyone knows...

I'm starting a caravan in Waterbury, CT to go down to the pre meet.

Anyone is interested, here's the details

[url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381368[/url]

AntsWRX 06-23-2003 09:01 PM

Add me to the list. I have my WRX for two months now and I can't wait to see everyone else's there.

Anthony