i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   New England (https://www.i-club.com/forums/new-england-34/)
-   -   Great Place For Wrx Upgrades In Ct. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/new-england-34/great-place-wrx-upgrades-ct-9881/)

silverwagonboy 02-19-2003 05:25 PM

Great Place For Wrx Upgrades In Ct.

I JUST WANTED TO WRITE A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR SOME QUALITY WORK DONE IN CT...NOT TO SAY THAT THERE ARENT OTHER PLACES THAT DO VERY GOOD WORK BUT I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER SUBIE OWNERS....IN NORWALK,CT. A PLACE CALLED SPEEDSPORT TECKNIK(847-9339) HAS OPENED AN AMAZING SHOWROOM WITH ALL KINDS OF PERFORMANCE GOODIES ON DISPLAY LIKE MRT,STI,GFB,TEIN,AP&BREMBO BRAKES,CIBIE,IHI TURBOS AND SOON TO BE APS STUFF..I MYSELF HAVE A 02 WRX WAGON WHICH THEY INSTALLED AN MRT TURBO BACK,CATLESS UPIPE,LARGE TOP MOUNT IC,AND STEALTH GFB BLOW OFF VALVE,STI ENGINE..TRANSMISSION..REAR DIFF. MOUNTS,CIBIE FOG LIGHTS W'STI COVERS,STI HOOD SCOOP,PRODRIVE P7 RIMS AND THE BEST PART ECUTEK ENGINE MANAGEMENT.ALL THIS WAS TUNED ON THERE IN HOUSE ALL WHEEL DRIVE DYNAPACK.THE CAR RUNS LIKE FACTORY AND IS SMOOTH AS GLASS.SO IF THERE IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT IS AS SERIOUS ABOUT THERE CAR AS I AM THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO.THE GUYS I DEALT WITH WERE KIP OR SPENCER WHICH WERE AS PROFESSIONAL AS CAN BE..MAYBE CAUSE THEY ALSO HAVE A PORSCHE RACING TEAM AND ALL THE RACE CARS THERE TO SEE AS WELL.IM NEW TO THE I-CLUB SCENE AND THOUGHT SOMEONE OUT THERE WOULD APPRECIATE MY INPUT. HAVE FUN

JOSEPH

BrianA 02-26-2003 07:06 PM

hey I'm in Rhode Island and that is the exact kind of place I am looking for. I am about to install an APEXi safcII and would like to get everything tuned soon after that. What is the area code there? PS I drive a wagon too (320 at the crank) ...love the wagon -Brian

silverwagonboy 02-27-2003 06:46 PM

The area code is 203 in Ct...Sounds like something that they would enjoy doing. Nothing like having a wagon with 320 HP.Have fun with the upgrades!!

silver_rex_4eat 02-27-2003 07:41 PM

thanks for the info

I live in ct as well in northwest corner. I found one place that i like to do business with and they host i club meets . The place is xxtuning in wetherfield, ct. Off of I 91. I am glad to see there is another decent tuner place in ct. Thanks alot for the info.

Darby 02-28-2003 08:38 AM

address, phone number, link? Norwalk is about 15 mins. from me...Good to hear about a scooby shop in my area.

*all caps is kinda hard to read...

silverwagonboy 02-28-2003 04:59 PM

the link to there site is speedsporttechnik.net... Thanks for the other shop info,nice to see the other positive remarks!! I even heard the guys talk about a dyno day over in norwalk if i hear anything more i will definately post it. Joseph

jabrams 03-04-2003 06:09 AM

Location?

Joseph,

Is this the place on Westport ave next to Taco Bell?
I been wondering about them.

silverwagonboy 03-04-2003 05:18 PM

Yes these are the guys next to taco bell in westport.Just stop in one day and talk to Kip,he is who knows alot about all the subie stuff.They have alot of parts in stock as well.Seems like your pretty close as well,like i said my experience has been nothing but positive..Have fun Joseph

Darby 03-05-2003 07:28 AM

do you know if they have any experiance with pre-GDA Impreza's?

turtle 03-05-2003 12:57 PM

do know anywhere closer to milford,stratford area?

turbo99 03-06-2003 08:02 AM

Guys I feel your pain.... I live in Rhode Island and drove to Long Island to have my Impreza 2.5 RS. I took my car to Z-1 Performance. They did a great job. My car ran a best of 12.8@108. You can catch a ferry from Bridgeport over to LI. That was the quickest way I found to get their.Give Adam a call.

1-631-863-3820

[url]www.z1auto.com[/url]

UM-WRXer 03-30-2003 08:17 PM

Joseph

good to hear locals blowing up the hot spot in our area. Im planning to do some work on my car and was looking for a good mod shop. Prob gonna do the up-pipe and downpipe switch, to get rid of atleast two of the three cats, and add some silcon hoses all around (IC, radiator, intake) and then chip it. Throw some rims and a body kit and hopefully ill have some extra money to do some suspension/brakes/light. I was wondering how much you paid for some of the service you recieved. I understand that you prob got some good deals (cause of all the loyalty and your relationship with the guys) and i dont want you to blow that with them, so im was just wondering at a rough estimate on how much all those mods you had cost to put in. Oh yea how much did it cost to dyno your car (program the chip, see how many horses your wheels are pushing), and what where the results? THanks for the help, maybe ill see you in the shop this summer.

Peace in the Middle East -Johnny

TomCtWRX 04-09-2003 11:20 AM

Awesome place in Norwalk, but soooooo overpriced... But that's what you get from a shop that specializes in Porcshe.

BassFace 04-22-2003 01:26 PM

how overpriced?

what kind of overpricing are we talking about?

I usually don't mind paying a little extra for quality service and someone who's going to treat my car with the same care and respect they would their own.

I've been meaning to stop by that place for a while - I'm always seeing WRXs in their driveway. One guy has a nice WRB Rex with SSR Comps - I love those wheels.

rock n roll

Andrew

TomCtWRX 04-24-2003 09:47 AM

overpriced.....

Well,
I am going to have to justify my statement about being overpriced...When I stopped by there last time (6 months ago) I was told a front-mount MRT would be about 1500-1600 + another $400-500 for install. I figured I would be paying about $2200 just for a front mount.....I think that is a little too much.

Then I stopped by there again a couple weeks ago and it was the same story; prices were firmer than a goose's ass, they were not willing to give me any bargain, no matter how much stuff I bought or how much business I could get them.

However, quality-wise, they warranty all their stuff and do the work with pride..etc etc etc...that is all fine and dandy but the major turn-off for me is that they do not negotiate prices at all, no group buys and straight up labor prices with no breaks in them at all. Yes, I understand they do work on Porsches (nice ones). But that is their excuse to not bargain on prices, especially labor. They also use that excuse to justify there high labor costs.

The only incentive to go there is their pretty show-room. I admit, they do know what they are doing but I still prefer to work with xxtuning in Weathersfields...They know what they are doing too and warranty their stuff. The difference is they dont have a brand new M3 in their showroom and don't have as nice tiles on the floor that Norwalk has. But they do deal and bargain with you and hook u up on labor. That is why I will continue to make the longer drive up there to get my work done and buy my products.