New Aftermarket Car Parts For Sale Only brand new aftermarket car parts can be listed here by private parties only!

Seat & Steering wheel Airbag light delete - Airbag light fix resistors

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi 02 PSM Bugeye RIP
Seat & Steering wheel Airbag light delete - Airbag light fix resistors

I have several 3.3 ohm 1W 5% Carbon film resistors left from a recent project, bought more than i needed.

these are the perfect solution for the Airbag light fix when swapping seats or steering wheels in your WRX or STi.

$ 1.99 buys you 2 pair - shipped to your door. A very reasonable price to fix that pesky airbag light.

PM for Paypal address

you can find these in other threads for 2 bucks for 4, get them here, save a penny, and buy from a seller with 100% positive feedback. Welcome to the Free market Economy.

I have been asked questions about these resistors and how they work. i am going to post up some info about these so people might gain a better understanding of how these work and what they do ---

Under your seats is a cable which plugs into your stock seat's airbags. There is also a similar plug within the steering wheel, which also plugs into the stock airbag.

IF you switch your seats out with aftermarket seats, or replace them with JDM seats that do not have airbags, the airbags are no longer pluged in, hence your airbag light on the dash gets iluminated.

what the resistor does is provide the proper resistance in the plug to simulate the presence of an Airbag. - thus, turning off your airbag light.

The resistor is inserted into the pins on the plug. and most people simply place a piece of electrical tape over the plug and resistor to secure the resistor and hold it in. Then the cable can simply be tucked under your seat.

The same fix can be applied for those who remove their steering wheel airbag to install an aftermarket steering wheel. " ---

If you replaced your steering wheel & your seats, you need a resistor for each plug - (3 resistors) Buck 99 right here, and you're good to go

Hope that helps!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi 02 PSM Bugeye RIP
bumpage.

just a few left

thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Wrx Sti
Have anymore left??