View Poll Results: Which day would work best for a weekly mini-meet?
Monday
17.65%
Tuesday
100.00%
Wednesday
5.88%
Thursday
0%
Any one of those days work for me...
35.29%
I have no life whatsoever
35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Weekday Sacramento Area meet in Roseville

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
Weekday Sacramento Area meet in Roseville

Hey guys, some of the members here in SRIC wanted to try and start a weekly meeting that would take place during the Week so that it would not interfer with the main Sacramento Meets that takes place Saturday nights in Natomas. I think that we've pretty much decided that the meets will take place in Roseville, it could change, we will see. Please vote for which weekday would work best for you so that we can get as many members to attent who want to.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Did you forget to add the poll?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

I was just finishing it up. I didn't know it posted the thread before I finished the poll options....

Last edited by RussA; 12-28-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Yeah, I didn't either. lol
Old 12-28-2004, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

hey, with a weekday meet, I think that karting would be a little more convenient since we'll be close by and it will be a weeknight, no little kiddys JMO
Old 12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Ironically, having the meet in Roseville still isn't very convenient for the original poster, schafer since he lives in Folsom lol
Old 12-28-2004, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Do we really need more than one meet a week?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Egan
Do we really need more than one meet a week?
I don't think so....
Old 12-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
haha I voted! I don't know about having a mini meet. I'm with Egan. Do we really need to have 2 meets??
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 PM

Hell, I live in Granite Bay, so this would be a quick drive for me, but making it out to the Saturday meets every other week is hard enough. I can't imagine trying to get across town in traffic to make the meet.

But hey, give it a whirl and see what happens. Let me know when you go karting and I'll make the 10 minute drive over.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
haha I voted! I don't know about having a mini meet. I'm with Egan. Do we really need to have 2 meets??
Option 6 I assume?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:35 PM

Car Info: MY04 WRX
It is very hard for me to make the Saturday meet and the fact that it is almost 30 minutes away doesn't help. Schafer seemed to think a weekday meet was a good idea and I frankly agree. Again, I am not saying we *need* two meets but for those who can't make it to the weekend meets a weekday meet might be nice. If karting is of interest it also seems silly to drive to Natomas, then drive back to Roseville where I live, then drive back to Natomas for the chill out part of the meet and then drive back to Roseville where I live (although I have done this!!!). Sure, I guess I could some to just the karting action and then to the chill out session if I liked but then I might miss out on those people who only come for the first session and never come karting. The reason I suggested Roseville in the first place is because Schafer mentioned it as a possible location and Gofland is in Roseville and there is a great center that has lots of food and is rarely busy.

I don't think we are trying to say we need two meets, come to whichever is more convenient, it isn't a popularity contest.

Last edited by SubNub; 12-28-2004 at 03:20 PM. Reason: I was learned.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Well, back before you were a member of SRIC, which was at the time, BAIC, we did a poll and the unanimous decision was Saturday. We did a location poll, the unanimous decision was Natomas. Then we did the meets for about 15 months happy as clams. We tried the weekday thing, but nobody ever showed. Literally, it was me, Aaron and Scott. I think Kevin came out once but I don't remember.

The weekend meet is not flawed because you can't make it to the meet for whatever reason. A large group of people have been able to work out their personal lives to make it to the meets and hang out for over a year now and more and more people continue to do the same all the time. You should work out a deal with your gf to let you come out and play on a Saturday night, or bring her along if you want. Russia usually brings his lady and I'm sure she'd appreciate having another female who doesn't necessarily like to talk about cars and video games for hours. I'd bring mine but she's always working Saturday nights :|
Old 12-28-2004, 03:19 PM

Car Info: MY04 WRX
Originally Posted by sonicsuby

The weekend meet is not flawed because you can't make it to the meet for whatever reason.
I did not start a thread asking for a weekday meet, Schafer did and I agree with him. I don't really know why this feels like it is turning into an argument (but maybe it is my fault). I guess if you don't want to come to a weekday meet then don't, and I guess we will learn when nobody comes out to the meets. I guess you guys are just trying to be *helpful* in telling us that no one is going to show up and that we are just *noobs* for wanting to try to accommodate other people. I just don't understand why many of you are posting all the reasons not to have a weekday meet if you are not interested in coming to the weekday meet. The thread topic is Weekday Sacramento Area meet in Roseville not: List your reasons not to have a weekday meet in Roseville. As I am unable to come to the Saturday meets I think it would be great to have even three people come to a weekday meet and hang out. As I have tried to make clear several times I am not suggesting we replace the Saturday meet for those who enjoy that, I am simply suggesting the more meets the merrier!

I give up. I guess we tried.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

ok, let's just clear things up a bit... this is not a "replacement" meet , lets think of it more as an additional sacramento meet to attend if you do not have anything going on during the weekdays. I personally don't think that it will happen every single week, I always have stuff popping up as a spur of the moment thing during weekdays.

Quick Reply: Weekday Sacramento Area meet in Roseville