i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events and Group Streaking (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/)
-   -   SRIC Mountain Bike Crew! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/sric-mountain-bike-crew-117847/)

Lowball 02-21-2007 08:44 PM

Since I'm odd man out this time go ahead and make it for whatever time works best for the majority. I can get out and ride at the earlier time if I want to get some riding in :D

nachomc 02-22-2007 10:59 AM

Thanks, Lance. So...salmon falls or FDLT? 10am? I need to email Randy.

Egan 02-22-2007 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Thanks, Lance. So...salmon falls or FDLT? 10am? I need to email Randy.[/QUOTE]

Salmon Falls would only work at the earlier time.

Let's do FDLT Lower Lot. If it's not too muddy, we can add in Connector, but let's see how we feel after the loop.

If it's raining cats and dogs, I'm going to bail and just ride Sunday instead.

nachomc 02-22-2007 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=Egan]Salmon Falls would only work at the earlier time.

Let's do FDLT Lower Lot. If it's not too muddy, we can add in Connector, but let's see how we feel after the loop.

If it's raining cats and dogs, I'm going to bail and just ride Sunday instead.[/QUOTE]
You sissy girl (I'll do the same).

EddyRS 02-22-2007 06:40 PM

Looks like I will not be able to ride Saturday. I just got done talking to the wife and was going to inform her that I was going riding with you guys, when she says that we have plans for all day Saturday. My perfect response was.....Huh? (For those who are married, you know what just happened....the wife making plans that include you, & of course she doesn't even consider letting you know about those plans until said time as they start).

Just looked at the forcast and it looks to be raining Saturday. But Sunday looks dry (at least from the sky....not so sure about the trails (MUDFEST).

What's the plan for Sunday? Aurburn or Sammon Falls?

Let me know

EddyL.

Egan 02-22-2007 06:48 PM

FDLT on Sunday at 10:00AM.

Foresthill Divide Loop Trail. Meet at the Lower Lot on Foresthill Rd.

[url]http://www.mtbsingletrack.com/foresthill.loop.map.gif[/url]

sublime1 02-22-2007 07:12 PM

I might be so inclined to join you guys this weekend. Definitely will depend on the weather.

nachomc 02-22-2007 10:49 PM

I'm not going to ride on Saturday after all. I've got too much stuff I need to do for school. Sunday fo sho.

sublime1 02-23-2007 03:37 AM

Sunday might work well for me. 9am at your house, Matt?:)

nachomc 02-23-2007 07:47 AM

[QUOTE=sublime1]Sunday might work well for me. 9am at your house, Matt?:)[/QUOTE]
ROIGHT!

[img]http://www.chicagoinnerview.com/images/july05/billy_idol.jpg[/img]

EddyRS 02-23-2007 11:55 AM

If it's not raining I'll be there @ 10am on Sunday. Reguardless of the weather I plan on going up to Foresthill that day anyway.

Lets hope for the best, but current forcasts says it suppost to be 70-80% change of RAIN :( Let's hope their wrong.

Cheers

EddyL.

Egan 02-23-2007 12:06 PM

Ya, weather outlook for Sunday is not good. But that can change on a dime, so we'll see. If it's pouring, I won't head up there, but I'll tough it out for the lighter stuff. ;)

I think I'm going to hit the Granite Bay trail that I never knew existed sometime Saturday. It will be a good way to test out my bike fit and make any adjustments before Sunday.

sublime1 02-24-2007 01:16 PM

Forecast for *****ing out is 100%. I'm not gonna ride tomorrow. Maybe when the weather is a little better.

EddyRS 02-24-2007 03:44 PM

Rain Check!

Just checked the weatherchannel, they forcast a 90% chance of rain/wind for Sunday (ALL DAY). Temp 41 deg, will feel like 32 deg. Looks like tomorrow's a no go :( I will still be going up there to visit the folks so I'll let you know if any fools, I mean die hards were riding the trails (and tearing them up).

Lets try it again next week.

Egan 02-24-2007 06:01 PM

Pussies.

:p

Lowball 02-24-2007 09:08 PM

You guys missed out this morning. Trail was in really good shape considering the weather we just had. Got to the trail head at 8:am and was done by 10. No one was even in the parking area at 8, but at 10 the lot was full!

Did the climb up stagecoach, upper stagecoach, flood, stagecoach, clementine, fuel break, culvert, confluence.

Flood is really short. Not really worth riding IMO. The Mossy Rock turn off is way more fun! :D

Since I put a hole in my Kenda side wall I put on some Maxxis Highroller 2.5’s for the day. Good tire but much heavier. Ran about 45psi until the top of fuel break and then let some air out for the ride down. Think I’ll take off the Maxxis and put on the Big Betty’s

Hope you guys make it out tomorrow. Don't puss out!

nachomc 02-24-2007 09:28 PM

lance - if you're interested, REI in Sacramento (across from Costco on Exposition) has a bunch of tires and other gear in clearance bins. They have Mutanos (the tires I run) for $35 :eek: and some velociraptors too. Might be good to have some spares ;).

Lowball 02-24-2007 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]lance - if you're interested, REI in Sacramento (across from Costco on Exposition) has a bunch of tires and other gear in clearance bins. They have Mutanos (the tires I run) for $35 :eek: and some velociraptors too. Might be good to have some spares ;).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out tomorrow :D

Egan 02-25-2007 02:27 PM

So, what do you do when you can't go ride?

[img]http://www.egansworld.com/bike/pegbike.jpg[/img]

Maybe a little too anal? :p

Egan 02-25-2007 02:31 PM

I cut down my handlebars last night and test rode in between hail storms. I like this width a lot better than the standard 27" that the riser bars came with. The stem is a loaner until I figure out what I want. It's 100mm and I think I'm going to go with 110mm (my old stem was 130mm). I'm still playing with the stack height - once I decide what works best the shop will cut the steerer tube down to the correct height.

Otherwise, the brakes work great and the pop-loc is awesome!

[img]http://www.egansworld.com/bike/kleindone1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.egansworld.com/bike/kleindone2.jpg[/img]

nachomc 02-25-2007 02:49 PM

Your bike looks awesome. In a couple of months we're going to get some organization stuff going in our garage and I'm going to get a tool set - I'm thinking of the Park Tools set that they sell, or more likey rather, the Performance Bike set (it's a lot cheaper ;)).

Egan 02-26-2007 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Your bike looks awesome. In a couple of months we're going to get some organization stuff going in our garage and I'm going to get a tool set - I'm thinking of the Park Tools set that they sell, or more likey rather, the Performance Bike set (it's a lot cheaper ;)).[/QUOTE]

If you can afford it, get the Park stuff. It really is worth the difference in price. The Performance cable cutter I have sucks donkey dick and has a tendancy to fray cables. It's worthless on housings too. :(

You can go cheap on the basic stuff like wrenches, allens, etc., but I'd recommend Park for anything with moving parts or anything that will get a lot of use.

nachomc 02-26-2007 11:07 AM

Is anyone around to ride this weekend? I know Randy is out of town. You dudes?

Egan 02-26-2007 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Is anyone around to ride this weekend? I know Randy is out of town. You dudes?[/QUOTE]

I will not be in town. :D

nachomc 02-26-2007 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Egan]I will not be in town. :D[/QUOTE]
I thought that was this weekend. Ok, I might get out of town too, otherwise I'll just get my road ride on :(

sublime1 02-26-2007 02:07 PM

I would suggest buying the tools you need and not a kit. You'll get a lot of things you won't need and be spending more than you need to. I would recommend Park tools also. You want your tools to last a while, especially when you use them often.

EddyRS 02-26-2007 07:58 PM

I'll be around......Let me know.

I drove by Clementine on Sunday.....of course no was riding the trails. But there were like 50 road riders on Foresthill Road climbing up the hill in the rain....now that's dedication. It was like 38 degrees out there. In fact Foresthill was under 6-8 inches of snow.

Ed

nachomc 02-27-2007 09:26 AM

I might be able to ride Sunday. What trail would work for you? I will see if I can make it.

sybir 02-27-2007 11:34 AM

Only buy Park tools. It's worth the extra money (why do you think I had a Park stand? ;))

Kevin M 02-27-2007 11:45 AM

Because the stand was the only MTB accessory you used?

:ducks:

nachomc 02-27-2007 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=BAN SUVS]Because the stand was the only MTB accessory you used?

:ducks:[/QUOTE]
:rotfl: BURN

nachomc 02-28-2007 06:20 PM

Eddy - I can't ride this weekend after all. Sorry to cancel but there's just too much going on :]\

Egan 02-28-2007 07:21 PM

I think you should get this new accessory Matt:

[url]http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15920-275_AHRWC7-0-Search--/Ahrens-WiseCracker-Seatpost-Bottle-Opener.htm[/url]

nachomc 02-28-2007 09:52 PM

:rotfl: that thing is awesome, but I don't know about $30 awesome :o

Lowball 03-02-2007 08:46 PM

Anyone down for Sunday morning?

nachomc 03-02-2007 10:07 PM

[b]Yes[/b]

Eff my school work. I want to get out and ride. 10 am ok? Where at though?

Lowball 03-03-2007 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby][b]Yes[/b]

Eff my school work. I want to get out and ride. 10 am ok? Where at though?[/QUOTE]

Yeah 10 should be fine...but 9 would be better if you can make that...

I was thinking start at bottom of 49 then up stagecoach, upper stagecoach, mossy rock, down to 49, up Clementine Lake, fuel brake, culvert, and continental divide, back to car @ 49.

Or if you want to get crazy we could climb all the way up stagecoach, hit manzanita, climb back up stagecoach to upper stage, mossy rock, and then whatever after that...skip the clementine lake and stuff...or do it depending on how we feel.

How about it? Or if you have something else in mind just let me know :)

nachomc 03-03-2007 07:58 PM

9am is fine with me. Gets me home sooner anyway ;). I'll see you down at the bottom of stage coach and we'll just ride up - that loop looks sweet.

Lowball 03-03-2007 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]9am is fine with me. Gets me home sooner anyway ;). I'll see you down at the bottom of stage coach and we'll just ride up - that loop looks sweet.[/QUOTE]

[b]YES[/b]

See you then! :)

Lowball 03-03-2007 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]9am is fine with me. Gets me home sooner anyway ;). I'll see you down at the bottom of stage coach and we'll just ride up - that loop looks sweet.[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt, sorry man...can we switch it back to your original requested time of 10:am?

I'll send you a PM as well.

nachomc 03-03-2007 10:35 PM

10 is aok.

nachomc 03-04-2007 12:18 AM

I got me some new toys today :wiggle:
[list=*][*]Camelbak Reservoir Dryer[*]2007 Mountain Biking calendar[*]Cateye Micro Wireless to replace my Vetta V100[*]Topeak Road Morph Pump[*]Pearl Izumi Vagabond M4 shoes[/list]
:D :cool:

nachomc 03-04-2007 04:27 PM

Ok, I need help from you dudes.

I've got a tentative go-ahead on a new bike :wiggle:. I'm going to look at an FS bike in the $2k range. The main thing is that it climbs well since that's basically all we do in Auburn ;).

Can you guys recommend some bikes to look at in this range? From the reading I've been doing, I'm liking the Specialized Epic and the StumpJumper FSR (need to ride both for sure). What else should I be lookin at?

Lowball 03-04-2007 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Ok, I need help from you dudes.

I've got a tentative go-ahead on a new bike :wiggle:. I'm going to look at an FS bike in the $2k range. What else should I be lookin at?[/QUOTE]

What about that one that Randy rides??? [b]Giant Reign[/b] I think...but that is going up in price I think...but then do have different models of the Reign. Or you could look at this Giant Trance 1.

[img]http://www.giant-bicycle.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/zooms/2007/Trance-1.jpg[/img]

Or what about finding a smoking hot deal on a SantaCruz '06 Superlight...you should check out Cambria (CBE). This one listed on the web-page is an '07 for $1,600.00

[img]http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/santa_cruz_superlight_org.jpg[/img]

nachomc 03-04-2007 07:53 PM

I think Randy rides a trance. He seems to really like it and it seems like a nice bike. Cannondales seem cool but that lefty fork makes me a bit nervous - I know people race them and love them, but only one leg..dunno 'bout that. Also I'd have to buy an adapter for my roof rack so there would be additional cost involved. The prophets are sweet though.

What else is out there?

nachomc 03-04-2007 08:00 PM

Oh, so, I didn't really get any good pics from todays ride. With 4+ miles of continuous climb there wasn't a lot of action going on, and the main action that did happen couldn't be captured on camera by us.

On the way down we stopped at the middle of confluence/continental divide (at the road down to the OHV park) for a quick breather after the jam down from the start at old foresthill road. While we were stopped, maybe 3 minutes tops, a group of guys rides by. The guy bringing up the rear was wearing shorts and a tshirt with no helmet (dumb ass). We let them go a bit, then Lance and I started down the trail. We quickly reeled in Mr. No Helmet, and after pushing him a little bit he finally let us by. Then we caught up to another of their guys who let us by just up from the ravine jump (where Egan got the flat last time). We approach the ravine jump, Lance is behind me. As we get to it, I see that the rest of their guys are standing on the side of the trail just to the left of the landing area - not that this matters for me, I'm not jumping a damn thing today, so I head to the right to go through the little washout area. As I do this, out of the corner of my eye I see the bottom of Lance's tires. Yeah. The bottom. Dude hit that jump at warp speed and jumped higher than my head :eek:. The guys standing on the trail **** a nice brick, as did I (but I laughed mid-crap) as Lance landed, buzzed them and RAILED down the trail. I followed closely, holding on as well as I could on my HT - the trail was REALLY rocky today, but I was able to keep up and we spanked that last half of trail.

Then we adjourned to my car where a six-pack of Fat Tire (I thought it was fitting for post-ride drinking) sat chilling in my ice chest. Having forgotten the bottle opener (stupid me), we found that crank brothers pedals or a park tools chain tool make a good bottle opener in a pinch :rotfl:.

Kick ass ride today. The continuous climbing kicked my ass, but we did well and had fun. I'm not sure yet if I can ride next week - we may have some plans but if I can ride I'd like to join you guys wherever you end up :wiggle:

nachomc 03-04-2007 08:04 PM

The only decent pics I got today.

[img]http://www.turbocheese.net/hosted/mossyrock1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.turbocheese.net/hosted/fuelbreak1.jpg[/img]

Lowball 03-04-2007 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]
We approach the ravine jump, Lance is behind me. As we get to it, I see that the rest of their guys are standing on the side of the trail just to the left of the landing area - not that this matters for me, I'm not jumping a damn thing today, so I head to the right to go through the little washout area. As I do this, out of the corner of my eye I see the bottom of Lance's tires. Yeah. The bottom. Dude hit that jump at warp speed and jumped higher than my head :eek:. The guys standing on the trail **** a nice brick, as did I (but I laughed mid-crap) as Lance landed, buzzed them and RAILED down the trail. I followed closely, holding on as well as I could on my HT - the trail was REALLY rocky today, but I was able to keep up and we spanked that last half of trail.
[/QUOTE]

Nice recap!!!!!! :D

I have to say sorry about that (next time I'll try and give you a heads up to my plans) and also very nice riding Matt! You and the HT were on point! For having a sore shoulder you did more than well today.

When we hit that first fireroad after the gaurd rail...you were gone...and to think you only hit 27mph ;)

Thanks for the FatTire!

Egan 03-04-2007 10:03 PM

I need to atone for this weekend.

Where do you want to ride Saturday?

Lowball 03-04-2007 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=Egan]I need to atone for this weekend.

Where do you want to ride Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Matt got the flat this time so now it's Randy's turn!!!!

I'll have to check the calendar, but I think Saturday should be fine. If it dosen't rain this week I'd be down for FDLT and the Connector. I know Matt loves that one ;)

How was LV????

nachomc 03-05-2007 07:46 AM

I've potentially got some stuff going on this weekend and think Saturday would be the best day. I need to firm up my plans though (actually I need the wife to firm up plans with her friends so I know when we're going out, if we're going out) so I'll know more on times later this week.

Egan 03-05-2007 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=Lowball]Matt got the flat this time so now it's Randy's turn!!!!

I'll have to check the calendar, but I think Saturday should be fine. If it dosen't rain this week I'd be down for FDLT and the Connector. I know Matt loves that one ;)

How was LV????[/QUOTE]

LV was LV. Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak, and Stone Crab was awesome Saturday night.

I'll ride anything this weekend. I need to test out the current setup and decide what length stem I want. I think the 90mm on there now might be a bit short.

nachomc 03-05-2007 08:58 AM

Dude that flat tire yesterday sucked. My first flat in the entire time we've been riding seriously. On the plus side, now I am required to go to Mike's in order to pick up a new tube, so I'll just have to take a spin on the Epic and SJ while I'm there :o :wiggle:

Lowball 03-05-2007 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Egan]LV was LV. Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak, and Stone Crab was awesome Saturday night.

I'll ride anything this weekend. I need to test out the current setup and decide what length stem I want. I think the 90mm on there now might be a bit short.[/QUOTE]

The 90 will be better for the DH sections and the longer one for climbing. But you may be right in the middle wiht the 90mm. I have a 100mm if you want to try it out, but it's a 31.8. Think I have some bars that you could use too.

Egan 03-05-2007 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=Lowball]The 90 will be better for the DH sections and the longer one for climbing. But you may be right in the middle wiht the 90mm. I have a 100mm if you want to try it out, but it's a 31.8. Think I have some bars that you could use too.[/QUOTE]

My stem is 31.8 and so are my new riser bars. :D

But I mistyped earlier - my current stem is 100mm and I was thinking of going to 110mm (my old stem was 130mm).

Lowball 03-05-2007 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=Egan]My stem is 31.8 and so are my new riser bars. :D

But I mistyped earlier - my current stem is 100mm and I was thinking of going to 110mm (my old stem was 130mm).[/QUOTE]

Think the shorter will be better for the DH...and you can climb anything regardless of stem length ;)

nachomc 03-05-2007 03:17 PM

Sweet. Just set up some test rides with an Epic and Stumpy on Friday (if they can get an Epic in L/XL up there that is). I know Cambria does demos. Without me calling them, do you guys know if they happen to demo the stumpjumper or epic? There's a 10-floor parking garage right next to Bikes where I can climb up, but I'd really like to get both bikes out on something like Divide Loop or Confluence (something that will require me to climb a lot and also hit varied terrain) to really test out what's going to work best for me. Thanks dudes.

Lowball 03-05-2007 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Sweet. Just set up some test rides with an Epic and Stumpy on Friday (if they can get an Epic in L/XL up there that is). I know Cambria does demos. Without me calling them, do you guys know if they happen to demo the stumpjumper or epic? There's a 10-floor parking garage right next to Bikes where I can climb up, but I'd really like to get both bikes out on something like Divide Loop or Confluence (something that will require me to climb a lot and also hit varied terrain) to really test out what's going to work best for me. Thanks dudes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah for that you have to go to an actual "demo day". Cambria had one for SantaCruz and I rode the Nomad again for the second time and that pretty much sealed the deal. They actually let you take the bike and ride on trails for about an hour.

nachomc 03-05-2007 09:46 PM

Sucks. I want to rail these bikes on our normal trails and see if I can climb faster than Mike :o

Egan 03-06-2007 04:55 AM

I test rode my Klein at Bicycles Plus way back in 1998. They let me have it for a day for $50. You got that money back if you bought the bike from them. I ended up buying it from Cambria instead because they were a better shop at the time. But $50 was nothing on a $2400 bike. I also test rode the Santa Cruz Heckler down in San Jose. That was a free deal and I got it for the day too. I rode all over Grant Ranch (same place the Hammy meets were at) and found out how poorly that thing climbed.

Check with the shops. It's insane for them to ask you to buy a $2K bike without seriously riding it.

Call up Cambria, Auburn Bike Works, and Bicycles Plus in Folsom. They are geared towards mountian bikes and may have a different policy.

nachomc 03-06-2007 09:15 AM

So for this weekend, I don't think I'll be able to ride on Sunday. One of Josey's friends invited us out for her birthday :\. I guess I could if we rode [i]really[/i] early, but I'd have to be home by 10 :o. Is anyone available/interested in riding on Sunday? The Cool race is that day so maybe we could get up there and check things out post-ride if we wanted?

Egan 03-06-2007 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]So for this weekend, [b]I don't think I'll be able to ride on Sunday[/b]. One of Josey's friends invited us out for her birthday :\. I guess I could if we rode [i]really[/i] early, but I'd have to be home by 10 :o. [b]Is anyone available/interested in riding on Sunday?[/b] The Cool race is that day so maybe we could get up there and check things out post-ride if we wanted?[/QUOTE]

:confused:

I can ride either day.

I don't want to go anywhere near Cool on race day. It will be a mad house.

nachomc 03-06-2007 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=Egan]:confused:

I can ride either day.

I don't want to go anywhere near Cool on race day. It will be a mad house.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing I always do, which is that I'm thinking I want to ride one day and then when I go to post what day I can't ride I cant' get my mind off riding so I post the same day twice. I can't help it :(

Anyway, Sunday is the only day I can really get out for this weekend. Maybe divide loop? I gotta be home by 11:30 that morning though, so if you guys don't mind, can we meet early, like 8'ish?

nachomc 03-06-2007 04:10 PM

:cool: Cambria does demos on the Epic :wiggle: I think I'll set up a demo for a ride next week (this weekend is too effing cramped - birthday dinners and brunches out the ass).

Lowball 03-06-2007 05:21 PM

I have a B-day party to go to on Sunday. Maybe it's a solo trip again on Saturday morning :(

Maybe I'll do Clementine Loop/Confluence + Connector :D Bikes in the shop getting the e13 DRS bash gaurd, chain guide deal installed!

sublime1 03-06-2007 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]I did the same thing I always do, which is that I'm thinking I want to ride one day and then when I go to post what day I can't ride I cant' get my mind off riding so I post the same day twice. I can't help it :(
[/QUOTE]
Or like me, I can't decide when I want to flake on the ride, either the middle of the week or on Friday at the last minute. So I post up at the last minute if I'm able to ride, thus avoiding disappointing myself or anyone else.

nachomc 03-06-2007 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=sublime1]Or like me, I can't decide when I want to flake on the ride, either the middle of the week or on Friday at the last minute. So I post up at the last minute if I'm able to ride, thus avoiding disappointing myself or anyone else.[/QUOTE]
That is a very effective strategy :rotfl: :D

nachomc 03-06-2007 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=Lowball]I have a B-day party to go to on Sunday. Maybe it's a solo trip again on Saturday morning :(

Maybe I'll do Clementine Loop/Confluence + Connector :D Bikes in the shop getting the e13 DRS bash gaurd, chain guide deal installed![/QUOTE]
If you're interested in riding Saturday morning for about two hours, I can meet at 7 :o

Egan 03-06-2007 08:57 PM

If I have to ride early, I'd rather do it Saturday since we're going out Saturday night.

We can do one of the many Clementine variants in about 2 hours. :)

nachomc 03-06-2007 09:08 PM

Well lets do Saturday then if you guys don't mind riding early. This weekend is supposed to be nice and warm so it might actually be really nice that early.

nachomc 03-06-2007 09:22 PM

Hey, have you dudes seen this thread on mtbr :eek: [url]http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=275733[/url]

From her [url=http://www.myspace.com/candiekisses126]myspace page[/url]:

[img]http://a825.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_90ec2b60689f4411552d84dcfcc94458.jpg[/img]

[img]http://a111.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/l_1bbeda75173fbd48fdc29123e694bd66.jpg[/img]

EddyRS 03-07-2007 06:26 PM

If were doing Clemintine on Saturday, I'm down to ride. What time? 8 or 10?

We have to go up to my folks in Foresthill this weekend (Father's birthday). Let me know as I would have to drop off the wife and her mother at my folks and then drive back and meet you guys at the meet time. (its only 5 miles to the parking lot/meet from Todd Valley)

Ed

nachomc 03-07-2007 07:53 PM

7? :)

Egan 03-07-2007 08:07 PM

I got the cleats installed in my new shoes, so I am good to go!

Anyone need a Lizard Skins Chainstay protector? I bought the jumbo size based on the item description, but it's not jumbo enough. :mad:

Egan 03-07-2007 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]7? :)[/QUOTE]

Works for me.

Meet at Confluence?

nachomc 03-07-2007 08:35 PM

[b]Yes.[/b]

Lowball 03-08-2007 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=Egan]I got the cleats installed in my new shoes, so I am good to go!

Anyone need a Lizard Skins Chainstay protector? I bought the jumbo size based on the item description, but it's not jumbo enough. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I'll take the Lizard Skins :)

nachomc 03-08-2007 11:35 AM

You gonna come ride on Saturday Lance? Even Randy is gonna come out... :)

Lowball 03-08-2007 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]You gonna come ride on Saturday Lance? Even Randy is gonna come out... :)[/QUOTE]

Should be up for it...

EddyRS 03-09-2007 12:29 PM

7:00AM.......Sorry but too early.....you guys have fun. Tomorrow I have to take the wife with me to Foresthill and I asked if we could leave at 6am so that I could drop her off at my folks and have enough time to meet you. You should have seen the look she gave me. (Basically she didn't have to verbalize her opinion to me).

Just got done with a ride from Davis to Winters and back this morning...was looking to do some dirt riding with you...but I can't leave the missus.....I got to go home sometime :)

Try again next week (is anyone going to do Clementine loop Sunday?)

Ed

Egan 03-10-2007 03:09 AM

Don't wait up for me if I'm not there. I'm dead tired and if I can't get up, I'll just go ride later.

sublime1 03-10-2007 04:29 AM

Who needs sleep anyway? Have fun. I'll be able to ride more after I move in a couple of weeks.

nachomc 03-10-2007 05:43 AM

[QUOTE=Egan]Don't wait up for me if I'm not there. I'm dead tired and if I can't get up, I'll just go ride later.[/QUOTE]
What are you doing up so late, geez

Egan 03-10-2007 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]What are you doing up so late, geez[/QUOTE]

I fell asleep on the couch after too much wine. :o

It's been a long week. :(

I'm going to go ride Clementine in a bit.

nachomc 03-10-2007 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Egan]I fell asleep on the couch after too much wine. :o

It's been a long week. :(

I'm going to go ride Clementine in a bit.[/QUOTE]
I've been having a rough week too. I crashed at 10pm last night - wife wasn't happy but there wasn't much I could do about it :o

Todays ride was pretty sweet. We rode up Clementine to Fuel Break to Mossy Rock, Flood and Stagecoach down. About the same amount of climbing but the climbing isn't as hard as it is when you go the other way. I gotta get ready to bail so I'll get the pics online in a bit or later tonight.

nachomc 03-10-2007 10:34 AM

Oh, so hey, I need to know what day you guys want to ride next week. And soon, please. After my test rides last night on an Epic and a Stumpjumper, I want to set up a [i]real[/i] ride on an epic for next weekend :cool:. The Epic is so hot. Anyway, if you don't mind, I'd like to ride connector/fdlt so I can get a real feel for the bike (since that trail basically has a mix of everything we ride in the area).

So let me know please so that I can call ahead and reserve it. Also, if we have to ride at 11 or so, is that a big deal? I'm not sure what time they'll open for me to pick up the bike, have them put my pedals on, set me up on it, etc. Thanks dudes.

nachomc 03-10-2007 10:47 AM

Some pics from today:

[img]http://www.mattandjosey.com/cycling/mtb-clemmossy-31007/images/dsc01810.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.mattandjosey.com/cycling/mtb-clemmossy-31007/images/dsc01824.jpg[/img]

The hotness:

[img]http://www.mattandjosey.com/pictures/lance-rock.gif[/img]

Egan 03-10-2007 01:24 PM

Lance is a crazy man.

Egan 03-10-2007 01:28 PM

I'll ride either day next weekend and 11AM is fine.

I hit the basic Clementine loop in 1:20. The climb up was hurting, but I think that was more wine than bike. Overall she felt very comfortable - the new upright position is better on my back. Climbing didn't seem to be negatively effected. Downhill felt faster, but without you guys to gauge myself off of, I'm not 100% certain. ;)

nachomc 03-10-2007 09:12 PM

So if I call CBE tomorrow for a Saturday morning ride at 11, we're cool? :)

Lowball 03-10-2007 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]So if I call CBE tomorrow for a Saturday morning ride at 11, we're cool? :)[/QUOTE]

Our neighbor is having a St. Patrick's day BBQ and I don't know what time it kicks off (I am part Irish, just in case you didn't already know). Count me in but depending on time lines I may have to fake. :(

Lowball 03-10-2007 09:59 PM

Hey Matt...can you take that photo and do a frame by frame overlay into one still shot???

Kinda like this...

[img]http://www.rit.edu/~klb2368/imm/project1/SWsnowboarding.jpg[/img]

nachomc 03-10-2007 10:11 PM

I suck with photoshop. I'd be happy to give you the fullsize version of each pic if you know how/know someone who knows how to do it :)

Lowball 03-10-2007 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]I suck with photoshop. I'd be happy to give you the fullsize version of each pic if you know how/know someone who knows how to do it :)[/QUOTE]

I know no one :(

That's sweet how you did the moving photo though :)

nachomc 03-10-2007 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Lowball]I know no one :(

That's sweet how you did the moving photo though :)[/QUOTE]
I think it needs to have more delay between frames :\. I can tweak it later. I'll ask Scott about the overlay, he's good with PS.

nachomc 03-11-2007 09:53 AM

I'll set it up for Saturday. If I know us, and I think I do, we're all going to be way hung over on Sunday from St. Patty's day fun on Saturday night ;)

EddyRS 03-12-2007 07:18 PM

Hopefully I should be able to make it. 11am right? (I have to take our cats to the vets that morning 8:30am.....fuzzballs are getting their annual shots).

Where exactly will we be meeting up at?

Ed

EddyRS 03-12-2007 07:25 PM

Oh.....is anyone interested in going to the Sea Otter Classic this year @ Laguna Seca? I'm registered to ride the 20 mile mountain bike tour. Its Saturday April 14th. The cost is $52 which includes entry, the ride and a BBQ lunch with a raffle. Plus all the other events going on at Laguna Seca.

Was wondering if anyone else was planning on attending...doing a car pool and such.

EddyL.

nachomc 03-12-2007 08:07 PM

If we do Connector + Divide (is that ok with you dudes?), we'll meet here:

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=foresthill,+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=38.933517,-121.007441&spn=0.006151,0.013561&iwloc=addr]Upper Clementine Rd.[/url]

Just a couple miles up from the Foresthill Bridge (on foresthill rd) is upper clementine rd on the left. Go in about a mile and you'll see a parking lot on the left, you should see us there, or parked on the side of the road along the way. Look for my white wrx wagon :).

nachomc 03-12-2007 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=EddyRS]Oh.....is anyone interested in going to the Sea Otter Classic this year @ Laguna Seca? I'm registered to ride the 20 mile mountain bike tour. Its Saturday April 14th. The cost is $52 which includes entry, the ride and a BBQ lunch with a raffle. Plus all the other events going on at Laguna Seca.

Was wondering if anyone else was planning on attending...doing a car pool and such.

EddyL.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I can do that this year. Too much school work. 12 units + full time is kicking me anus.