Sacramento Area Suby Gun Owners Meet 2/26/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:20 PM

Car Info: '04 Pre-pro STi
Might be a good Idea to Edit the first post to refelct this Info??? Just a thought...
Old 02-18-2005, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by ryball
Time? Oh, and what is a good place around here to buy rounds? Just some Federal hardball or something...
Trader's in San Leandro.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by whitepony
Might be a good Idea to Edit the first post to refelct this Info??? Just a thought...
Done.

Here is the text form the edit:

We'll be going here on Saturday 2/26/05: http://www.commercemarketplace.com/shops/goshoot/

There is a map on that site. I'm saying 10am for now unless someone has a huge problem with that. I'll stay at least until noon or 1pm.

Last edited by Egan; 02-22-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Talking

Originally Posted by Egan
Trader's in San Leandro.
hahahhaha!!! I'm not going to drive all the way to Trader's for ammo. That's like 10 minutes from my parent's house.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ryball
hahahhaha!!! I'm not going to drive all the way to Trader's for ammo. That's like 10 minutes from my parent's house.
Aren't you down there every day anyway?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:57 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Guys, for those that haven't used firearms before I want to mention that the most important thing you'll learn from the experienced owners is safety and etiquette at the range. The rules are in place to prevent injuries at both indoor and outdoor reasons. All it takes is for one inexperienced person to cause injury or death because they were concentrating on just shooting the weapon and not so much on proper handling.

It's also important for first-timers firing semi-automatic pistols because they will become confused if the weapon should somehow jam. I saw one guy try to clear a jam and turned to face straight down the firing line to do so. If his weapon had discharged, the round would likely have ricocheted and struck someone. I observed this at Cordova. It also couldn't hurt for newbies to sit out the first firing session just to observe how the routine goes.

Notice how everyone pays close attention to orders barked by the range master over the PA. The inexperienced stand out because those are the ones who will try to squeeze off 'just one more shot' after the call to lay the weapons down on the bench.

Learn gun safety and you'll have more fun during the actual shooting part.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 02-19-2005, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
Guys, for those that haven't used firearms before I want to mention that the most important thing you'll learn from the experienced owners is safety and etiquette at the range. The rules are in place to prevent injuries at both indoor and outdoor reasons. All it takes is for one inexperienced person to cause injury or death because they were concentrating on just shooting the weapon and not so much on proper handling.

It's also important for first-timers firing semi-automatic pistols because they will become confused if the weapon should somehow jam. I saw one guy try to clear a jam and turned to face straight down the firing line to do so. If his weapon had discharged, the round would likely have ricocheted and struck someone. I observed this at Cordova. It also couldn't hurt for newbies to sit out the first firing session just to observe how the routine goes.

Notice how everyone pays close attention to orders barked by the range master over the PA. The inexperienced stand out because those are the ones who will try to squeeze off 'just one more shot' after the call to lay the weapons down on the bench.

--
0==WW==0
Good advice. Who's going?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I'll be going.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Here's a sample of what I have...as I can't bring them all, the two rifles and two pistols that receive the highest vote will go.
Attached Thumbnails Sacramento Area Suby Gun Owners Meet 2/26/05-rifles.jpg   Sacramento Area Suby Gun Owners Meet 2/26/05-pistols.jpg  
Old 02-19-2005, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
What kind of Mauser is that? Looks almost like an M38 Swedish eventhough it's not. Persian?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Oaf
Here's a sample of what I have...as I can't bring them all, the two rifles and two pistols that receive the highest vote will go.
Hello, Rambo.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
What kind of Mauser is that? Looks almost like an M38 Swedish eventhough it's not. Persian?
Nope.
It's a Yugo M48 in 8mm...I have 2 of 'em; one I shoot, one for mini Oaf when he's older.
Come to think about it, I two of almost every weapon.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder

--
0==WW==0
I was going to post a copy of the range rules, but they don't have them online. They are going to fax them Monday, and I'll get them scanned and posted.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Egan
I was going to post a copy of the range rules, but they don't have them online. They are going to fax them Monday, and I'll get them scanned and posted.
That's a great idea. I haven't been to a range for several years so I could probably benefit from the information, too.

--
0==WW==0
Old 02-21-2005, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
I'll be there, as long as I can get my soccer match taped since it ends right around 11:00.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Area Suby Gun Owners Meet 2/26/05