New Sac Area Thursday Night Meets At 7pm!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by Bouncer
Except not everyone at the meet is going to have a valid sac state parking pass - so its pay to park.

The lots are patrolled constantly.. It's not a matter of "IF" there will be PD interaction, just a matter of when and how frequently/severely - and I guarantee there is something in the university regs. that will allow for a stiff **** fingering of unauthorized gatherings. - University PD has a slightly different rulebook they can play by.

And Rock Church is a terrible idea as it is private property and would be trespassing.

Best idea is to keep it legal / in a public lot where PD doesn't have PC to do anything about us..
See, i knew that campus parking garage was trouble (any in Sac would be for that matter), just too much to deal with nowadays with tight security & all. Are you sure Rock Church is private property cuz i just checked out the entire place & there's no gates, warning signs, or surveillance cameras that are visible. If it was illegal to park in there, wouldn't they at least have one or more to deter/warn you. The parking lot is absolutely huge. We wouldn't even be seen by anyone if we all parked in the very back behind the church. I don't think they have a security patrol car at night cuz i constantly pass by the place & never see any. In fact, i've even seen people parking in there at odd days/times when there's no church services going on-hmmm. If we stay outa sight & be relatively quiet in the back (there's enough room to fit hella cars back there), then we won't get ****ed with imo. We're not doing any harm, just having a friendly meet, the worst they could do is kick us out & make us disperse. I think that parking lot is like any other public parking lot you use cuz all the stores & restaurants are all technically private property also but anyone can use their lots for parking. I see way more signs & cameras out in those ones but not one in Rock Church-very curious & odd. If it is illegal to park in Rock Church then my bad, but i don't think so, it's the only place i can think of that's big, free, & somewhat in the middle. It truly is perfect if we can use it legaly. I just wonder if it's lit up by overhead lights at night so we could see...
Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
See, i knew that campus parking garage was trouble (any in Sac would be for that matter), just too much to deal with nowadays with tight security & all. Are you sure Rock Church is private property cuz i just checked out the entire place & there's no gates, warning signs, or surveillance cameras that are visible. If it was illegal to park in there, wouldn't they at least have one or more to deter/warn you. The parking lot is absolutely huge. We wouldn't even be seen by anyone if we all parked in the very back behind the church. I don't think they have a security patrol car at night cuz i constantly pass by the place & never see any. In fact, i've even seen people parking in there at odd days/times when there's no church services going on-hmmm. If we stay outa sight & be relatively quiet in the back (there's enough room to fit hella cars back there), then we won't get ****ed with imo. We're not doing any harm, just having a friendly meet, the worst they could do is kick us out & make us disperse. I think that parking lot is like any other public parking lot you use cuz all the stores & restaurants are all technically private property also but anyone can use their lots for parking. I see way more signs & cameras out in those ones but not one in Rock Church-very curious & odd. If it is illegal to park in Rock Church then my bad, but i don't think so, it's the only place i can think of that's big, free, & somewhat in the middle. It truly is perfect if we can use it legaly. I just wonder if it's lit up by overhead lights at night so we could see...

Doesn't require security gates, cameras, dogs, helicopters / etc. to make it private property. And it's just not a good idea to put a meet somewhere that gives PD a reason to have a problem with us. A public parking lot with a business we are patronizing is always going to be the best bet..

And there are much worse things that can happen than just getting kicked off the property... If someone gets the officer in the wrong kind of mood - officer in question could start walking around looking for PC to pop hoods.. That kind of gang rape is not fun - and I'd rather not participate in one ever again..

I've been doing the whole car meet thing for the better part of 15 years (although not nearly as frequently now in my advanced age).. This includes era's both pre and post TFATF. I'm just saying theres enough that can go wrong at a well planned meet - to start throwing technically illegal meeting spots into the mix just doesn't seem smart..
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Limited and 1998 Legacy GT Wagon
I probably wouldn't go since it's kind of far for me, but if you really wanted to use that church for a meet you could always ask their administration for permission. The worst they can do is say no, which they probably would because of the liability, but you never know.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Except not everyone at the meet is going to have a valid sac state parking pass - so its pay to park.

The lots are patrolled constantly.. It's not a matter of "IF" there will be PD interaction, just a matter of when and how frequently/severely - and I guarantee there is something in the university regs. that will allow for a stiff **** fingering of unauthorized gatherings. - University PD has a slightly different rulebook they can play by.

And Rock Church is a terrible idea as it is private property and would be trespassing.

Best idea is to keep it legal / in a public lot where PD doesn't have PC to do anything about us..
Well if everyone did decide to pay, then we wouldnt be doing anythign wrong. Could say we are all meeting to head over to the Union to eat or check out the Art Gallery

Even if you didnt pay, I think if you were standing at your car with no permit, they would ask you to leave before citing you. Its happened to me a couple times there when i forgot my semester pass. The parking patrol at Sac State really isnt that bad. Deff not even half as bad as meter-maids or mall cops

Other than that, I cant really think of anywhere else (besides roseville and i doubt the Elk Grove ppl would drive out there) that has a garage. And Im not going to head out if its raining....so idk
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Well if everyone did decide to pay, then we wouldnt be doing anythign wrong. Could say we are all meeting to head over to the Union to eat or check out the Art Gallery

Even if you didnt pay, I think if you were standing at your car with no permit, they would ask you to leave before citing you. Its happened to me a couple times there when i forgot my semester pass. The parking patrol at Sac State really isnt that bad. Deff not even half as bad as meter-maids or mall cops

Other than that, I cant really think of anywhere else (besides roseville and i doubt the Elk Grove ppl would drive out there) that has a garage. And Im not going to head out if its raining....so idk

ORLY? Arden Fair has a garage.. K Street. has a garage. Old Sac has a garage.. The Palladio in Folsom has a nice garage that is usually fairly empty.. Etc etc..

Loitering in a CSU is a bit different than Loitering at some public space..
Old 02-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Churro Aficionado

ORLY? Arden Fair has a garage.. K Street. has a garage. Old Sac has a garage.. The Palladio in Folsom has a nice garage that is usually fairly empty.. Etc etc..

Loitering in a CSU is a bit different than Loitering at some public space..
We thougth about the Arden one and k street (well i thought about K). Just not sure how parking will be on a Thrus evening, trying to get 10+ cars somewhat close together.

Folsom maybe, but im not sure what kind of a drive that is for everyone.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Doesn't require security gates, cameras, dogs, helicopters / etc. to make it private property. And it's just not a good idea to put a meet somewhere that gives PD a reason to have a problem with us. A public parking lot with a business we are patronizing is always going to be the best bet..

And there are much worse things that can happen than just getting kicked off the property... If someone gets the officer in the wrong kind of mood - officer in question could start walking around looking for PC to pop hoods.. That kind of gang rape is not fun - and I'd rather not participate in one ever again..

I've been doing the whole car meet thing for the better part of 15 years (although not nearly as frequently now in my advanced age).. This includes era's both pre and post TFATF. I'm just saying theres enough that can go wrong at a well planned meet - to start throwing technically illegal meeting spots into the mix just doesn't seem smart..
Well, if it is then i guess it's out. I ain't trying to start no trouble, just suggesting what i've seen lately. It truly would have been perfect for y'all wanting a large area to meet at, since the garage thing ain't gona work too good. Why they have absolutely no visible private property deterents then is mindblowing, if it's sooo illegal to park there at all during non church functions. Like i mentioned before, i've seen many people just parked in there at odd times so it's not like it ain't happening already. I pass by there alot (day & night). Other than that place, i can't think of another good spot to fill our needs for a legit super meet that's free. Believe me, i wouldn't want to be involved in a popo mass car inspection either. If y'all can think of a good meet up spot for a super large Sac/EG meet then let us know.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Again, I bring up the UCD idea. We can push out the meet to next week. and set everything up for Davis. There's 2 parking garages and lights are great. TAP's are never out at that time, and campus security doesn't give a damn about what you do in the parking lots as long as you don't cause any trouble to bring them out. Parking is free after 7 and we can have the eg guys/sac guys/Davis guys all roll. And we can do a shoot out by the Mondavi parking garage or out front of the building.

Even guys from the bay might even be able to make it up, if they wanted to. Is it a bit of a drive? yes. But if everyone's gonna go the extent as to drive to the k street or anywhere downtown or even up to Folsom. Might as well put it out a little bit further and not get harassed at all by the pd there.

Plus if anyone wanted to go bowling/shoot pool/air hockey/bowling after with their significant other or friends, the MUGA is extremely cheap, and they have all the new arcade games including Marvel vs. Capcom and Initial D 5. Not to mention if you need anything to eat, stuffs always open in Davis.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 AM

Car Info: 2007 STi SWP
I've had a nice meet in the Sac state parking lot before. Nice pictures @ night as well. We did it on a weekend tho, never got harassed. As long as everyone behaves and doesn't go rev-happy, it might work out?

[threadjack]
Last minute meet in Elk grove this saturday!~

https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/elk-grove-meet-feb-19th-2011-a-228564/
[/threadjack]

Last edited by Mautai916; 02-16-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Churro Aficionado

So its Wed. Anything going to get set in stone or just skip the meet this week?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
It's 5pm, Wed and it's not rainy now. If weather will allow we can meet up not necesarilly at the parking garage. So, let's set a location and we'll see. If the weather is nice we can roll, if not - we'll stay home.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Churro Aficionado

Just thought of this... not sure how everyone else would feel about it.. but what about the Light Rail parking lots? They are HUGE. Yes you're supposed to pay to park, but its not like we are leaving our cars and we could just leave. And if you did want to pay, its only $1.

Not sure if the Elk Grove ppl would wanna drive there or not, google estimates 30mins to the Roseville Rd lot from Elk Grove, about 15mins from my place, and close to 30mins for Roseville/Rocklin.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:50 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
to be honest, it's a good friend of mines birthday tomorrow and we're not sure of the location, so im just gonna bail. but iron out a meet for next thursday and I will for sure be down.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Churro Aficionado

friends over subies huh...
Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
pushing the meet out to next week then? Weather is ****, and we can really organize something by then.

Quick Reply: New Sac Area Thursday Night Meets At 7pm!