i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events & Donuts (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/)
-   -   Upper Northbay BAM Caravan thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/upper-northbay-bam-caravan-thread-207208/)

4eatme 07-28-2009 12:53 AM

why am I now just seeing this thread?

Well, I didn't prepay and I havn't requested it off from work, but it is on a sunday right?

I usually have sunday's off... so... sign me up for the caravan. Looks like I'll be paying $10 at the door though.

Irish_car_B0mb 07-28-2009 12:56 AM

[QUOTE=4eatme;2675813]why am I now just seeing this thread?

Well, I didn't prepay and I havn't requested it off from work, but it is on a sunday right?

I usually have sunday's off... so... sign me up for the caravan. Looks like I'll be paying $10 at the door though.[/QUOTE]

no it got taken down to $5 for everyone.

see ya there

Traxamillion 07-28-2009 11:07 AM

[quote=wrxturbo;2675774]im not sure how many.. But there are some people from rs25 that will be there

at least one i know that lol (echelon)[/quote]

i want an rs.. that one in napa is clean lets go check it out

Irish_car_B0mb 07-28-2009 12:01 PM

22 is pretty good, especially if everyone actually shows up.

i dont imagine us getting much bigger than 25, but still that will be a pretty phenominal caravan

ciRe_oNe 07-28-2009 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=Irish_car_B0mb;2676217]22 is pretty good, especially if everyone actually shows up.

i dont imagine us getting much bigger than 25, but still that will be a pretty phenominal caravan[/QUOTE]

I'm shooting for 30!!

Roo 07-28-2009 09:27 PM

I'd show, but I don't like the route. Personally, I'd take D street west until it becomes Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Rd., and turn left onto N. Novato Blvd., drive straight into the park. That would make it a RIGHT turn instead of a left turn into the park, and you could safely pull off to the side of the road instead of blocking traffic with your major caravan.

[img]http://www.sonic.net/~roo/BAMrun.jpg[/img]

BTW, I'm helping with the setup and grilling, so I plan to be there NLT 8:30 a.m. to get everything ready.

Irish_car_B0mb 07-28-2009 10:29 PM

I agree Roo, i would love to do this, however, with as many cars as there will be i think us just gettign to d street would be a freaking nightmare

[QUOTE=Roo;2676649]I'd show, but I don't like the route. Personally, I'd take D street west until it becomes Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Rd., and turn left onto N. Novato Blvd., drive straight into the park. That would make it a RIGHT turn instead of a left turn into the park, and you could safely pull off to the side of the road instead of blocking traffic with your major caravan.

BTW, I'm helping with the setup and grilling, so I plan to be there NLT 8:30 a.m. to get everything ready.[/QUOTE]

Irish_car_B0mb 07-29-2009 02:30 AM

cire_one. 30 would be great but it all depends on how many show. i will be very surprised if 20 even show.

no offense you all, but northbay folks dont have the best track record for not flaking... myself not excluded.

Roo 07-29-2009 07:05 AM

[QUOTE=Irish_car_B0mb;2676711]I agree Roo, i would love to do this, however, with as many cars as there will be i think us just gettign to d street would be a freaking nightmare[/QUOTE]

How so? Simply turn left onto Lakeville Hwy., drive north until you hit the next traffic light, turn left, and you're on D St. Follow it straight through the west side, then you're there. There's three turns total, all left turns.

Left on Lakeville Hwy.
Left on D St.
Left on North Novato Blvd.

oh, and the right into the park.:thumb:

ciRe_oNe 07-29-2009 08:05 AM

We still have time to switch up route.

I know a few others that drive a WRX's but are not on iclub, like I said..I'm shooting for 30!

Irish_car_B0mb 07-29-2009 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Roo;2676903]How so? Simply turn left onto Lakeville Hwy., drive north until you hit the next traffic light, turn left, and you're on D St. Follow it straight through the west side, then you're there. There's three turns total, all left turns.

Left on Lakeville Hwy.
Left on D St.
Left on North Novato Blvd.

oh, and the right into the park.:thumb:[/QUOTE]

yeah but then there is the 4 way stops and turning left on the lights. lets just say everyone does come out. getting 23 cars through lights all together just aint happening.

WRXTURBO 07-30-2009 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Roo;2676649]I'd show, but I don't like the route. Personally, I'd take D street west until it becomes Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Rd., and turn left onto N. Novato Blvd., drive straight into the park. That would make it a RIGHT turn instead of a left turn into the park, and you could safely pull off to the side of the road instead of blocking traffic with your major caravan.

BTW, I'm helping with the setup and grilling, so I plan to be there NLT 8:30 a.m. to get everything ready.[/QUOTE]

i agree :D

i just did this drive today because i was coming back from work in novato. really nice drive.

and personally i dont think the lights would mess everything up really. theres only 2 or so lights. theyd catch up by the next light anyways haha. than its just stop signs. its just one street 'Dstreet' you take all the way to Novato blvd (left) than the park would be on your right lol.

i mean either drive is fine, but thats just me...

Roo 07-30-2009 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=WRXTURBO;2678315]i agree :D

i just did this drive today because i was coming back from work in novato. really nice drive.

and personally i dont think the lights would mess everything up really. theres only 2 or so lights. theyd catch up by the next light anyways haha. than its just stop signs. its just one street 'Dstreet' you take all the way to Novato blvd (left) than the park would be on your right lol.

i mean either drive is fine, but thats just me...[/QUOTE]

My point exactly. If you can't make 23 cars fit through one traffic signal going down D Street, how are you going to fit 23 cars through one traffic signal onto the freeway? On D Street, you can pull the entire caravan over to the side in several locations to let people catch up. On the freeway? Not so much. Besides, if the cops know this is happening, they'll be keeping an eye on the freeways - the back roads?? I doubt they'll be covering those so well.

My biggest concern is the left hand turn into the park. One random car coming around the corner from the opposite direction - can T-bone one of our own, and ruin the entire day for more than one person.

SickNic 07-31-2009 09:16 AM

I am all about taking the backroads. The last meet I did we handled the D St light pretty well. It's early enough in the morning, shouldn't be to much traffic

Traxamillion 07-31-2009 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=Irish_car_B0mb;2677202]yeah but then there is the 4 way stops and turning left on the lights. lets just say everyone does come out. getting 23 cars through lights all together just aint happening.[/QUOTE]

we did it befor actually... it was by the petaluma skate park... about 30 cars. one car stayed in the middle of the intersection til every subaru took the turn then folllowed them... not that complicated.