Upper North Bay Subaru Meets @ IN-n-OUT (Official Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by vodka
I know imaginary subarus are probably disallowed from this discussion, but once my car is up and running again in like 6 weeks I'm all over doing a meet once, maybe twice a month. I would be very interested in the idea about maybe having a short drive pre-meet (maybe 30min?), I even have a great route we could take that goes santa rosa/sebastopol to petaluma and vice versa using nice backroads off hwy 1. I use the route mostly for going on my bike, but it's plenty fun for a subie. Only problem I foresee with doing a drive this time of year is the light situation. I'm not fond of taking my subie on aggressive backroad driving at night where wild animals tend to wander. Maybe during spring/summer/early fall?
Maybe instead of fast food we could find a nice park that has a parking lot? Don't know if these meets require food to be available or not. As long as we steer clear of attracting LEO attention.
Hey vodka, thats fine with me. I mean we can even meet up earlier in the day if that happens to work better for everyone, cuz then we can get some drive time in.

I agree though driving at night is no bueno, last thing i need is a deer ornament for the front of the car ya know.

And as far as a park goes that works too, i think if we could do that with somethign close to off the freeway i think that would work best...let me know
Old 11-20-2008, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Ok so the next issue would be, meeting for the drive in SR or in Petaluma? Have to decide where the drives would start, and end, and then we can find a park close to wherever we're ending up.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:02 PM

well i know the people coming from novato petaluma have never been great about comgin up to SR. And if we do get more lower marin folk SR would pry deter a lot of them. I am all for starting a drive for those who wanna up in SR and ending in petaluma. we will see how other folks respond and we can figure it out from there. i just have to remember to bump this thread more often
Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm cool with that. Got enough people here in Sebastopol, healdsburg, SR, and RP n cotati to have a drive south for a p-town meet. Although I have been sort of debating whether we could/should merge these with LIC's meets since they're going to start doing them regular in the not too distant future. Only thing is I'd prob only go once a month since Novato's not too close I'd spend a lot on race gas just to go down for a meet more than once in a while. Whatever works for the majority of sonoma and marin county folks. Need both sides to chime in so we can nail down a more permanent location/day/time for meets.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:06 AM

Car Info: STI Ltd 2007 #640 UGM
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Hey Galen i hear you got a ticket. Have you heard anything yet. i know it just happend but i was just wondering.

I am hoping we can get some better meets together with the new times. I just switched the times so it might fit with peoples schedules better. we can still meet on fridays like we have been but as far as planning some maybe this will work.

i am up for a location change too if anyone has any good ideas. Maybe before the meets we can even get a drive in

Hey Nicole, were you gonna get a drive together this weekend?
I wouldn't mind hooking up on Sunday morning for a drive if anyone is interested. Meet at Petaluma In and Out, hit the Petaluma/Marin backroads, maybe lunch? If this weekend is bad we can plan something further out
Old 12-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 89 240sx/04 gsxr
in n out tonight , be there
Old 12-05-2008, 04:44 PM

i might be there. i got a ton to do tomorrow and i am tryign to get some of it done tonight. we will see.

i would be interested with a combo of Sicknic and Vodkas ideas. a drive on a weekend once a month.

drive and lunhc. kind of like the hole crew but our own version.

its just been super busy with the holidays and work and what not so lets try to pull somethign together here soon.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Car Info: '99 RBP 2.5RS
i think ill go toinight
Old 12-06-2008, 09:14 AM

Car Info: STI Ltd 2007 #640 UGM
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
i might be there. i got a ton to do tomorrow and i am tryign to get some of it done tonight. we will see.

i would be interested with a combo of Sicknic and Vodkas ideas. a drive on a weekend once a month.

drive and lunhc. kind of like the hole crew but our own version.

its just been super busy with the holidays and work and what not so lets try to pull somethign together here soon.
Lets start planning something. I know I'm up for a drive. With so many good roads around here we should be taking advantage of it. I wouldn't mind heading up the coast and doing the Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs thing. I went up to Sea Ranch in the work truck last week. It sucked having the Chevy. Woulda much preferred to have the Subie. Such fun roads
Old 12-27-2008, 08:39 PM

Lets all plan to meet up here soon. We have a new member Latebrake. i work with his wife and i saw him pull up in his 08 sti and got him here on i-club.

i know a lot of you are out of town but let me know hopefull we can get this year off to a good start.

We can try to figure a drive to get together too while we are all there. I think a 5 cars ish would be a decent turn out for us. but i hope more would show up.

let me know
Old 12-27-2008, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
when I am back in town from winter break in a week I am so down to do some drives especially with this cheap gas...lets mob it lol
Old 12-27-2008, 08:52 PM

thats what i am talking about. cheap gas should equal lots of driving
Old 12-27-2008, 09:22 PM

I will still be MIA until some time in Jan. The motor is coming out soon, and the custom intercooler piping will be started this coming week prob. Basically waiting until the intercooler piping is finished so we can send all the pieces plus some other stuff to the powdercoater. Once everything's powdercoated, we can drop the new motor (not shortblock or longblock, a full motor) into mah baby and then mount the new wheels and tires, and get a break-in map made on the Link G3+. If you guys go before my car's done I expect pictures! BTW irish, I am pretty sure I saw you the other day. I think it was Christmas, around...afternoonish, maybe around 3pm. I was at Cotati Chevron and saw a blue wagon with white wheels getting onto 101N going past me at the Chevron. Had to put air in the Lexus' rear left tire hehe. Got the tire repaired today for free at Les Schwab, apparently a small nail in her sometime over the past few 2-3 weeks gave it a slow leak.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by vodka
I will still be MIA until some time in Jan. The motor is coming out soon, and the custom intercooler piping will be started this coming week prob. Basically waiting until the intercooler piping is finished so we can send all the pieces plus some other stuff to the powdercoater. Once everything's powdercoated, we can drop the new motor (not shortblock or longblock, a full motor) into mah baby and then mount the new wheels and tires, and get a break-in map made on the Link G3+. If you guys go before my car's done I expect pictures! BTW irish, I am pretty sure I saw you the other day. I think it was Christmas, around...afternoonish, maybe around 3pm. I was at Cotati Chevron and saw a blue wagon with white wheels getting onto 101N going past me at the Chevron. Had to put air in the Lexus' rear left tire hehe. Got the tire repaired today for free at Les Schwab, apparently a small nail in her sometime over the past few 2-3 weeks gave it a slow leak.
Good to here the pretend subie is comin along. I must say though things happen a lot faster in my imagination.

As far as seeing me I was dropping some lunch off at work for the wife cuz she had to work. I would have thrown the dueces if i saw ya though.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Car Info: nothing
damn vodka how long u been workin on your ride?

Quick Reply: Upper North Bay Subaru Meets @ IN-n-OUT (Official Thread)