i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events & Donuts (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/)
-   -   UPDATED: Monterey Bay Area Drive -=06 March 04=- (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/updated-monterey-bay-area-drive-%3D06-march-04%3D-47838/)

kindersplus 02-08-2004 07:52 PM

UPDATED: Monterey Bay Area Drive -=06 March 04=-

I did the drive today that consisted of taking the G20 to the G16 to 101 S to the G14 to Nacimiento Ferguson Road and finally back up the 1. Here are the details:

Time:
Around 3:45
I stopped and played in some dirt for about a half hour so not quite sure of the "to the minute" time.

Distance:
Around 185 miles

Drive Date:
March 6
So as not to interfere with the "Gettin Dirty" event being held at Hollister Hills SVRA

We are going to meet at the Super K-Mart located on the corner of Canyon Del Ray and Del Monte in the city of Seaside. I will be there at 11:00 and we will leave promptly at 12:00. I will park my car on the row facing Canyon Del Ray - I have a stock 2004 WRB WRX with Texas plates. There is a gas station and a McDonald's in the parking lot so you can feed yourself and your car all at the same time.

Here are directions to get to the meeting place:
1. From Highway 1 take exit #403. (If you are coming south on Highway 1, the first sign says the exit is for Del Rey Oaks, Seaside, and Laguna Seca. The second sign only states Del Rey Oaks and Seaside)
2. Take a left under the overpass and you will see Big K-Mart on your left. Take a left at the stop light to get into the parking lot.

The address for K-Mart is:
1590 Canyon Del Rey Blvd.
Seaside, Ca 93955

There really isn't a good place to stop and have lunch unless we want to drive another few miles down 101 and hit up a McDonald's or something in King City. As far as just hanging out and taking pictures, we could stop once we get into Fort Hunter Liggett, other than that the best places for pictures are gonna be on the 1 and a few turnouts at the top of Nacimiento-Ferguson Road.

Be prepared for some pretty intense and technical driving while we are on the G16 and Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd. The 1 and the G14 are going to play the scenic part of the drive.

In order to get onto Fort Hunter Liggett you are going to need to have a valid Driver's License, Registration, and Insurance with you. The gate guards aren't going to know what is legal or not on your car so don't be afraid about getting tickets. They were really cool to me when I was there. Also, you can't speed while we are passing through the Fort, you won't want to pay for the ticket. Just keep this in mind. Once we are off the Fort, the road gets really technical, and it's going to be hard for you to speed anyways ;-)

So that is pretty much the plan. We are leaving at 12:00 so that no one (atleast most people) won't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to make it down here. I like sleeping in on my weekend anyways. We won't have to stop for gas or food, just pictures, so that eliminates another hassle. This was an awesome drive, and I am really looking forward to doing it again. So I guess the only question is......

WHO'S COMING??

kindersplus 02-08-2004 07:54 PM

Confirmed Attendees:
1. kindersplus
2. SuzWRX
3. BullseyeSuby
4. evo-dadi
5. proud_WRX_owner
6. Valaar
7. showdown R (NASIOC member)
8. Unknown from Santa Cruz
9. Unknown from Santa Cruz
10. Unknown from Santa Cruz
11. EndlessWaltz RS
12. NiNeX

kindersplus 02-09-2004 07:51 AM

bump, c'mon I know more of you want to come.

proud_WRX_owner 02-09-2004 07:56 AM

I'm In!

Drive Saturday, Mazda Rev It Up Sunday. Fun, Fun, Fun!

trebsrex 02-09-2004 09:37 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by proud_WRX_owner [/i]
[B]I'm In!

Drive Saturday, Mazda Rev It Up Sunday. Fun, Fun, Fun! [/B][/QUOTE]

Forgot about this one I'm signed up for saturday:( I guess take me out of the list ..I'll just wait for the next drive you guys enjoy..

proud_WRX_owner 02-09-2004 10:02 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by trebsrex [/i]
[B]Forgot about this one I'm signed up for saturday:( I guess take me out of the list ..I'll just wait for the next drive you guys enjoy.. [/B][/QUOTE]

You might be able to change your registration time. There are still a bunch of availablilities on Sunday. Just a suggestion.

syncopation 02-09-2004 12:44 PM

Hey kinderplus....where did you come up with that name?

...ever heard of kindersize?

trebsrex 02-09-2004 01:09 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by proud_WRX_owner [/i]
[B]You might be able to change your registration time. There are still a bunch of availablilities on Sunday. Just a suggestion. [/B][/QUOTE]

kindersplus 02-09-2004 06:54 PM

kindersplus is just a name that I have used for a long time for one of my online names. I can't remember why I started using it. trebsrex, just post an update so I can add you to the list if you can make it.

BullseyeSuby 02-13-2004 12:22 AM

Man I lost this thread, was still looking on the old one. You already have my name up there just confirming I can make it.

WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE THERE!!??

Valaar 02-14-2004 06:44 PM

Im deffinetly in. Fo shizzle minizzle.

EndlessWaltz RS 02-16-2004 04:00 PM

Provided I have 4 straight rims by then, and I sure as hell hope I do, I will definately be here for this.

Preston, you should make the trip down from the South Bay for it...should be fun.

Patrick

soundwave 02-16-2004 05:26 PM

Patrick - i'd love to drive down and go w/ you guys.. just don't wanna make the trip by myself. if i can get more bay area guys to drive down w/ me... i'll go for sure. :D

EndlessWaltz RS 02-16-2004 10:21 PM

Yeah definately, talk to em, get a caravan goin or somethin.:banana:

soundwave 02-17-2004 08:33 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by EndlessWaltz RS [/i]
[B]Yeah definately, talk to em, get a caravan goin or somethin.:banana: [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, easier said than done. remember my last south bay caravan.... of just MY CAR. :D