Official Mt.Madonna Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Hook it up Jody! Me need some bueno sunglasses...
Shades? Group buy. Mine are so haggard right now. LOL! I lost my really nice set and just have my spy's that my daughter has thrown on the ground like 30 times. haaa.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 AM
General Pimpin'

Think I might get shanked at BAM.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I got your back.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by queeg9k
I got your back.
Bah.. **** it.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 06-11-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
I scratched my new Oakleys
someone step up and get a meet organized!

Subaru BRZ at Ballaugh Bridge Isle of Man TT 2012 - YouTube
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
General Pimpin'

If you guys are looking for a monterey bay/sc meet like the drives I'm down to work on it with someone but I don't want to set it up alone as my schedule changes a LOT and I need someone else to run point if I can't.

It's a long drive ending with a BBQ and a night camping... drive home. I've shortened it by about 100 miles but it's still not to be messed with. And the route may need to be tested to make sure there's no road closures.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 AM

WTF! the guy I bought the endlinks from sent me sti endlinks....Is anyone looking for rears? Only 70$ and theyre brand new.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Nah! You know these people all talk a big game till they are face to face with you. I agree with everything you were saying, but at this point, it's pointless to argue. These noobie members don't understand our traditions.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by runboyrun
WTF! the guy I bought the endlinks from sent me sti endlinks....Is anyone looking for rears? Only 70$ and theyre brand new.
Damn that sucks.

Good deal though. Yeah the STI ones are flat right? You need the hooked ones.

I've got a pretty solid quote if you need some new ones we can get two sets. Like $115 shipped for the whiteline HD ones.

I might even be able to go lower. I can check. I offered straight cash to someone and someone swooped under me and bought some. BOO! Oh well.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Nah! You know these people all talk a big game till they are face to face with you. I agree with everything you were saying, but at this point, it's pointless to argue. These noobie members don't understand our traditions.
That's what I finally ended up with. I'm pretty much like... **** it. They'll find out. I'll work on the shirts with Gabe and we'll make some sick ones and at least that part will be rad. I'll come with beer and have a good time. The rest... **** it.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Damn that sucks.

Good deal though. Yeah the STI ones are flat right? You need the hooked ones.

I've got a pretty solid quote if you need some new ones we can get two sets. Like $115 shipped for the whiteline HD ones.

I might even be able to go lower. I can check. I offered straight cash to someone and someone swooped under me and bought some. BOO! Oh well.
ya ill let you know if i can get these ones sold first.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
That's what I finally ended up with. I'm pretty much like... **** it. They'll find out. I'll work on the shirts with Gabe and we'll make some sick ones and at least that part will be rad. I'll come with beer and have a good time. The rest... **** it.
Pretty much. As long as they get the food trucks ok'd and go through, then it'll just be whatever. They can think it's simple and if it turns out to be crap, they will hear about it.

I applaud his effort and his willingness to throw out the $450 for the rental. But these other jackasses coming off all high and mighty about it is what really bugs me. I would really just love to meet that slow04wrx in person.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by runboyrun
ya ill let you know if i can get these ones sold first.
No rush. I can order for another week or two anyways.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Pretty much. As long as they get the food trucks ok'd and go through, then it'll just be whatever. They can think it's simple and if it turns out to be crap, they will hear about it.

I applaud his effort and his willingness to throw out the $450 for the rental. But these other jackasses coming off all high and mighty about it is what really bugs me. I would really just love to meet that slow04wrx in person.
Jackasses? Why? Because we wanted to get the ball rolling that was obviously stuck in a ditch? I do think that guy slow04wrx guy was out of line but the rest of us were just trying to help imo. Dude like i said before i'm sorry that traditions might not be the same but as an event and years pass things will be different. I'm coming from the BMW world and we used to hold an event called Bimmerfest every year where people from all over the country came, It used to always be held in Santa Barbra and things every year changed some for the good some for the bad. It's now held in Pasadena which was extremely far for the norcal peeps. Food sucked some years, music sucked some years, parking, finding a place, ect. Being in a car enthusiast community like we are everyone usually still comes out and tries to make the best of it. If whatever old.guy puts together isn't up to par with what some of the OG guys have done in the past then so be it. Maybe next year he won't do it again. For now it seems like Daniel isn't around as much as he is needed so someone else is taking over and willing to throw down cash to help.

OneManArmy I don't think you mean any harm by informing others it just seems like you were trashing everyones ideas and putting someone down for trying to take over and get it moving. I think that's what kinda made people pissed off. I know you are working with the guy from Daly City on shirts and i can't wait to see them. I'm sure in person this could all be easily talked out but as you know trying to have a serious conversation online is all but easy to read and not get butt hurt.

Rob.

PS: I didn't mean to intrude and cause hostility in this thread just responding to a comment while i was looking for news of the next run.

Last edited by PROcede; 06-11-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club

Hi Kids,
Care to speak your mind? OnemanArmy, You going to be a part of this?

Bluwrx, You have any problems? Feel free to pm me or email me to clear any air.

Quick Reply: Official Mt.Madonna Thread!