Official: Mt. Hammy Caravan Org

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx
I was taking suggestions on a place up north to meet. NOT everyone is as far as Santa Rosa.
Point of my questions is if we should meet closer to San Rafael or something so people dont have to back track.

I would appreciate it if you werent so rude. This is my first BAM
he was trying to clarify things for other members. im guessing you want to lead the Northbay caravan
Old 07-06-2012, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
Originally Posted by flat489
he was trying to clarify things for other members. im guessing you want to lead the Northbay caravan
I was trying to see if my husband wanted to do it before I committed to lead the northbay caravan. I didnt know I was signed up already.

ALL and ALL were coming. I think what we'll do is meet in Santa Rosa and if there are caravans along 101 we will meet up with them to caravan together.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx
I was taking suggestions on a place up north to meet. NOT everyone is as far as Santa Rosa.
Point of my questions is if we should meet closer to San Rafael or something so people dont have to back track.

I would appreciate it if you werent so rude. This is my first BAM
Instead of posting very general/vague sentences/questions, be more specific so ppl know what you're talking about.

And sorry but you've been a member since 09 so its kinda weird you dont know what BAM is. It kinda happens every year
Old 07-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Instead of posting very general/vague sentences/questions, be more specific so ppl know what you're talking about.

And sorry but you've been a member since 09 so its kinda weird you dont know what BAM is. It kinda happens every year
Ive been off i-club for a while until recently. I knew BAM sounded familiar just count remember what it was. Just trying to get back into the subie community

So I am leading the SANTA ROSA Caravan.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by Navysesal
if someone is going to set up the southbay/milptas/fremont meet, we could meet up at milpitas high school; where i use to go ;D

or maybe the old mervyns parking lot. i'd say IMO that would be the best place
I'm with Navysesal on this one. That lot is pretty damn big and it's right off of HWY680. Count me in.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by av3rag3
I'm with Navysesal on this one. That lot is pretty damn big and it's right off of HWY680. Count me in.
If you guys want to get on the horn with the school and get permission then go ahead. But I highly doubt they're gonna want 100-150 modified cars in their lot.

If people want to do it at DnB like before that's fine as they have a parking garage that a photo can be shot from and the lot is huge. We've always just done it and it's early so it's before the mall opens. Last year it was smaller so it wasn't too big a deal.

The last time we did Hammy it was over 100 cars and mall security wasn't stoked. Basically anywhere in milpitas is a risk.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If you guys want to get on the horn with the school and get permission then go ahead. But I highly doubt they're gonna want 100-150 modified cars in their lot.

If people want to do it at DnB like before that's fine as they have a parking garage that a photo can be shot from and the lot is huge. We've always just done it and it's early so it's before the mall opens. Last year it was smaller so it wasn't too big a deal.

The last time we did Hammy it was over 100 cars and mall security wasn't stoked. Basically anywhere in milpitas is a risk.
Didn't realize that there was that many people meeting in SJ area X_X
Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
SJ is the jump off point for getting to Hammy. Most cars head to SJ/Milpitas, meet up, then head off to Hammy from there.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah it's basically the funnel. But yeah there are a lot in the area.

It all depends. I hope we get the numbers we've got in the passed.

There's a picture around here somewhere of over 100 cars in the DB lot. Last year there was probably only 30 or so but the meet was also in Navato so it was just a meet spot for folks south of milpitas really.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 08 impreza OBS
Yeah it's basically the funnel. But yeah there are a lot in the area.

It all depends. I hope we get the numbers we've got in the passed.

There's a picture around here somewhere of over 100 cars in the DB lot. Last year there was probably only 30 or so but the meet was also in Navato so it was just a meet spot for folks south of milpitas really.
yeah, that school isn't really nice to nice cars in general LOL. and the parking lot isn't lowered car friendly, they have steep driveways and bumps without a lot of room to go sideways.

i was thinking the old mervyns lot, the lot technically belongs to the building but its abandoned. Theres about 200+ spots and its lowered car friendly cause theres no bumps or any driveway like stuff. The only store that is near there is Big 5 and Jenny craig. and safeway they have their own parking lot
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I would not meet ANYWHERE in MILPENIS. Worst place ever, CHP and Local PD suck in that area.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Heedz
I would not meet ANYWHERE in MILPENIS. Worst place ever, CHP and Local PD suck in that area.
The bummer part is that it's close to the inlet to hammy and there's a lot of big lots. Last year we didn't have any problems. In 2008 I think it was we had the security issue and I think one person got a ticket. I think there's so many they usually just watch. We should all get funeral stickers. LOL! I kid... I kid.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 AM

Car Info: Type 53
Originally Posted by Navysesal
yeah, that school isn't really nice to nice cars in general LOL. and the parking lot isn't lowered car friendly, they have steep driveways and bumps without a lot of room to go sideways.

i was thinking the old mervyns lot, the lot technically belongs to the building but its abandoned. Theres about 200+ spots and its lowered car friendly cause theres no bumps or any driveway like stuff. The only store that is near there is Big 5 and Jenny craig. and safeway they have their own parking lot
This, and it's really close to the 680 entrance, then you can get off on Alum Rock and head up to Mt. Hamilton. Seems perfect for the route.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mcast
This, and it's really close to the 680 entrance, then you can get off on Alum Rock and head up to Mt. Hamilton. Seems perfect for the route.
Did you not read the post you quoted?
Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 AM

Car Info: Type 53
Did you not read the post you quoted?
Just agreeing buddy.

Quick Reply: Official: Mt. Hammy Caravan Org