i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events & Donuts (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/)
-   -   MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/meet-up-north-bay-lets-get-going-226129/)

kwiksilverwrx 01-20-2013 01:00 AM

Ya few of us head over to hopmonk but it was Sooo packed, we ended up at Chevys. Thought more peps were coming to eat but some stayed behind.
Next time we will be able to chat more :)

crobb 01-20-2013 02:04 AM

On the OEM as far as I know.

I have a loud creak when I push my pedal in sometimes and I suspect the firewall welds are going out along with my clutch ( the 08+ newer wrx's are having that happen to them here and there).

I have to go to dealer to have them replace clutch and to make sure old one is stock to see if SOA will cover the welds if they are faulty too. Sorry for long story kinda been a pain in butt lol.

Wasn't even going WOT in fifth on freeway and it was slipping

brewsky79 01-20-2013 02:39 AM

I never knew that about the newer WRX's. If it is the welds, SOA should cover the repairs. Hopefully the issue can get fixed in time for the next meet. Keep us in the loop of things.

-Chris

SubieKid707 01-20-2013 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=crobb;3344395]My clutch was slipping all over the place on way home :([/QUOTE]

Are you on the stock clutch? How many miles do you have?

crobb 01-20-2013 12:53 PM

SOA knows about the issue and basically they are trying to do anything to get out of it. They are making me buy a new clutch with them to make sure old one isn't upgraded, then if squeak is still there they are going to diagnose. Luckily I have extended warranty, but I remember them saying I don't think this would be covered by warranty. Until I started laughing and asked how a design flaw that could lead to a failure in clutch pedal assembly wouldn't be covered.

I got the car at 36k mi and currently has 55k mi. Kinda wondering if person before me was too hard on clutch, me or a combination of both. Also have read that the when the firewall flexes it prevents the clutch assembly from fully engaging or disengaging. So could have something to do with that.

Some of the people who had faulty firewall welds I believe had a free clutch replacement (might have only been people with really low miles though).

kwiksilverwrx 01-20-2013 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=crobb;3344513]SOA knows about the issue and basically they are trying to do anything to get out of it. They are making me buy a new clutch with them to make sure old one isn't upgraded, then if squeak is still there they are going to diagnose. Luckily I have extended warranty, but I remember them saying I don't think this would be covered by warranty. Until I started laughing and asked how a design flaw that could lead to a failure in clutch pedal assembly wouldn't be covered.

I got the car at 36k mi and currently has 55k mi. Kinda wondering if person before me was too hard on clutch, me or a combination of both. Also have read that the when the firewall flexes it prevents the clutch assembly from fully engaging or disengaging. So could have something to do with that.

Some of the people who had faulty firewall welds I believe had a free clutch replacement (might have only been people with really low miles though).[/QUOTE]

Lil info, i had my clutch replaced at 26k miles by SOA because of the start up noise. Even with the new clutch it still makes the same squeak noise when the car is cold.
The firewall is an issue in our gen cars sadly. When my subie was in the shop there was another subie that was having the firewall repair, under the warranty.
I also have the same firewall squeak which theres a part that will help support it from flexing

mickaeld 01-20-2013 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I was in Tahoe this weekend! Could not be there on Saturday!
When is the next meet? Let's organize this! :peace:

crobb 01-21-2013 12:25 AM

Are you talking about the brake master cylinder brace to help the firewall from flexing?

I'm just really upset I have to get a new clutch before they will do anything. Especially since they are going to charge a arm and leg.

What kinda noise was your clutch making when you started it up?

brewsky79 01-21-2013 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=mickaeld;3344726]Hey guys! I was in Tahoe this weekend! Could not be there on Saturday!
When is the next meet? Let's organize this! :peace:[/QUOTE]

Next Saturday, 7pm.

Also, looking for input from everyone as to our next drive. Stinson Beach was a success, where to next? Bodega Bay via Tomales Road?

JAC Wagon 01-21-2013 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=mickaeld;3344726]Hey guys! I was in Tahoe this weekend! Could not be there on Saturday!
When is the next meet? Let's organize this! :peace:[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, I know exactly where you took this and unless you drove down from Truckee you passed RIGHT by my house this weekend. Twice. :peace:

brewsky79 01-21-2013 09:57 PM

I finally got my car back today. See everyone Saturday night!

JAC Wagon 01-22-2013 08:07 AM

Yo Chris. I got my duty day switched so I DONT have duty this weekend. Ill be heading to Tahoe so I can finish fixing Brooke.

Looks like were doing the trade on the 1st. So hopefully on the 1st Ill have a WRX wagon.

mickaeld 01-22-2013 11:15 AM

[QUOTE="brewsky79;3345223"]I finally got my car back today. See everyone Saturday night![/QUOTE]

I should be there! See you then! :)

kjh_glass 01-22-2013 08:05 PM

So who's goin this weekend .? We should do a cruise up to gualala

Jerm707 01-22-2013 10:48 PM

[QUOTE="kjh_glass;3345686"]So who's goin this weekend .? We should do a cruise up to gualala[/QUOTE]

Damn! I am gonna be up in Fort Bragg this weekend for crab and wine days...

Anyone else going?