Laguna Seca Volunteer Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 11:37 AM

Car Info: '11 GV WRX, '12 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, '19 Kawi Z400
Official WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Volunteer Thread

Hi All,
As some of you may or may not know, we have an iconic and historic track in our midst. I'm talking about Laguna Seca (now WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca) in Salinas/Monterey.

Why volunteer?
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is owned and run by SCRAMP - (the Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula) which is a non-profit organization. As such, it has been run by some very passionate, hard-working and dedicated volunteers.

I wanted to start this thread to inform folks of the volunteering opportunities available at the track, which I am also a part of. Over the years I have worked with a few volunteers from the Subaru community. It's always great to see familiar faces and meet new people as well! SCRAMP is always happy to have new volunteers for the major racing events throughout the season. For the latest schedule of races, you can reference the following calendar of events.

As a volunteer you will work one day at the track, and in return you will receive 2 free, 3-day tickets for the event (Friday, Saturday and Sunday tickets)! On the day that you are working, we will also provide you with water, soda, and food. Free camping is available to volunteers upon request. We have a lot of fun, and it is way cool to look behind the curtain of a major motor-sports event. Volunteer opportunities change from race to race. The type and size of the event, as well as the regulatory body that oversees the event, all play a major role in defining our volunteer needs.

How do I sign up!?
All volunteer positions are filled on a first-come basis. If you would like to volunteer during these races, please complete the following form, here.

You are asked to wear dark colored, closed-toe shoes, long or short - dark colored pants and a volunteer t-shirt which we will provide and yours to keep! A light jacket is recommended for the morning. A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also recommended for the afternoon after the marine layer burns off.

I have more questions...
Feel free to also DM me if you have any questions. I am an Assistant Director for SCRAMP and lead the survey volunteers if you are interested in working with me and my group! For any questions I cannot immediately answer I will follow up with my lead and get back to you!

Thank you for your interest in volunteering at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca!

Last edited by d3rock; 06-24-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: updated calendar "here" link and volunteer sign up link
Old 07-16-2018, 11:43 AM

The next event up is the 2018 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion (RMMR) August 23rd - 26th!

Last edited by d3rock; 01-17-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: strike through old event links
Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM

RMMR is only a few weeks away! As a heads up for anyone interest, the Pre-Reunion is the week before (next weekend). It's a good opportunity to see some racing without the big crowds!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:18 PM

For those of you who missed the reunion and Monterey activities, racing will resume this coming week with the IMSA Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix- Sep 6th - 9th, Thursday through Sunday.

Last edited by d3rock; 01-17-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: strike through old links
Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 PM

Hiya i-clubbers!

Happy New Year. There are some exciting racing (and non-racing) events lined up for the 2019 season. I have updated the 1st post with the 2019 event calendar and will reference it here: 2019 Events. SCRAMP and WeatherTech Raceway could always use volunteers. For those interested in Volunteer opportunities see the volunteer page or message me!

February

8: INDYCAR Spring Testing
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca will host the inaugural INDYCAR Spring Testing on Friday, February 8 for drivers and teams ahead of the 2019 season. This is the first time these open-wheel cars have returned to their spiritual road racing home in 15 years, and the INDYCAR Spring Testing provides teams with a valuable opportunity to be reacquainted with the challenging road course, many of whom will drive it for the first time.

March
29 - 30: Intercontinental GT Challenge California 8 Hours

Premier international teams in the Intercontinental GT Challenge descend on Monterey to take on the undulating hills of WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. This series represents the highest achievement in long distance GT endurance racing and features teams from Audi, Bentley, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz AMG and Porsche. Watch as drivers battle for position in the longest race of the year—a full 8 hours of action—on their way to valuable points in the drivers and manufacturers standings

April
11 - 14:
Sea Otter Classic
The 28th Annual Sea Otter Classic is regarded as the world’s largest cycling festival. It is a four-day “Celebration of Cycling” and hosts nearly 10,000 professional and amateur athletes and 70,000 fans. There will be an Expo with more than 500 exhibitors in the bustling Lakebed area to complement the near non-stop on- and off-track racing over the four days.

*Sea Otter Classic will not require SCRAMP volunteer opportunities, but if interested in getting involved, visit their website directly!

May
3 - 5:
Trans Am SpeedFest
Contemporary Trans Am racing takes center stage at the inaugural Trans Am SpeedFest. The race weekend showcases the motoring muscle of the popular Trans Am Series by Pirelli with pro drivers competing in modern-day race-prepped Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Corvettes and Vipers. Countering the new machines is a festive salute to vintage racing cars from the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association that are prepared to the rules in which they were originally raced.

10 - 12:
Ferrari Challenge & Corse Clienti F1
Here’s an exceptional opportunity to experience the sheer power and high-revving notes of Ferrari Formula 1 cars at speed as part of the International Corse Clienti program. F1 cars are the ultimate form of motorsport technology and will be complemented by the ultra-exotic Ferrari XX track-only supercars, in addition to full racing grids of Ferrari Challenge thoroughbreds. It’s a weekend where skilled amateurs and experienced pros fight their way on the same corners to earn championship points and coveted titles. Automobile enthusiasts will decidedly enjoy experiencing these Prancing Horses.

July
12 - 14: Motul FIM Superbike World Championship GEICO Motorcycle U.S. Round featuring MotoAmerica
Many of the world’s greatest motorcycle road racers will descend upon Monterey for the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship GEICO Motorcycle U.S. Round featuring the MotoAmerica Championship of Monterey. The international and national two-wheel spectacular is a thrilling and daring demonstration of rider and machine working as one.

August
10 - 11: Monterey Pre-Reunion Races
The Monterey Pre-Reunion provides racing fans and visitors with the chance to see more than 300 race cars competing for two full days prior to the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. The paddock is bustling with teams working on their cars in the pits or on their way to pre-grid. The paddock is completely open to wander for enjoying the historic racing experience.

15 - 18: Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion
Where else can you see and hear historic race cars at full speed doing what they were originally intended to do … and that’s race. The annual Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion is a celebration of motorsport history that brings approximately 550 race cars together in one open paddock for everyone to enjoy. Each accepted car, from more than 1,000 entry applications received, is scrutinized and accepted based on the car’s authenticity, race provenance, and period correctness.

September
13 - 15: IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship returns for the 2019 season for high-speed action on Sept. 13-15. The action is nonstop among the prototype and GT sports cars when the international drivers and teams tackle the challenging circuit on their way for championship points.

20 - 22: INDYCAR Grand Prix of Monterey
The wait is over for the highly-anticipated return of INDYCAR racing! America’s premier open-wheel series crowns its 2019 champion at the season finale in its racing spiritual home of Monterey. This has been the scene to such memorable moments as Alex Zanardi’s “The Pass,” Mario Andretti’s farewell race and Bobby Rahal’s four consecutive wins. Now, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is on the cusp of making lasting new memories for fans around the world. Don’t miss the thrills and pageantry of INDYCAR racing in scenic Monterey. Join us for Monterey Speed Week, the combination of back-to-back races with IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship and INDYCAR Grand Prix of Monterey.

Last edited by d3rock; 06-24-2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: stikethrough past events
Old 05-01-2019, 07:53 AM

There are back to back events coming up in the next few weeks. This weekend brings the TransAM Speed festival! (May 3 - 5, 2019) Next weekend will be the Ferrari Challenge (May 10 - 12) !
Old 06-24-2019, 10:00 AM

For all you Motorcycle fans, the Superbike Championship is just around the corner! Volunteers needed!

MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship GEICO Motorcycle U.S. Round with MotoAmerica

July 12-14, 2019

*Advance prices will end on June 30, 2019

Old 09-01-2019, 05:49 PM

Speed Week is around the corner. The last 2 races of the year at Laguna Seca will be back to back! IMSA will be Sep 13 - 15, and Indy Car will be returning to Laguna Seca for the first time in 15 years!

https://www.weathertechraceway.com/post/speed-week