*_ Fairfield Barnes & Noble/ Travis AFB Weekly Meet_*

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:53 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by wrxtunerd
haha sam STOP tripn, its not a big deal ive just had a crappy second half of the day, the first half was hella fun though
If it really comes down to it, try calling LIC and ask if they can take it off for you. I know Kevin has a set of keys and stuff and I'm sure he has one for the stock subaru key. It's a little bit of a drive but you can stop off at sears point and see whats going on and walk around it's what I do and some of the shops have gotten to know me from walking around and talking to them
Old 12-28-2006, 05:15 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB STi - Stock
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
I've been fairly interested in one, but always kinda feared the what ifs of bringing my car there and since I have no experience on a track what so ever always worried me. I have a fair amount of suspension mods and a few more to come as well so I think my car would handle decently well. Here are my parts...what do you think John?

Suspension/Brakes:

- KYB GR2 Struts
- Prodrive P1 Springs
- 20mm Rear Sway Bar
- Whiteline Rear Strut Tower Bar
- Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar
- Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
- Whiteline Front Endlinks
- Whiteline Heavy Duty Rear Endlinks
- BFG KDW 225/45/16 Tires
- Wilwood 4piston Front Calipers
- Hawk APS Pads
- Hawk Slotted/vented Rotors
When I first started out I had no experience at all. You go out there and they put you with other people that are just starting out. Plus you get a driving coach with you all day long that will help you with any questions you have.

Your car will be just fine out there. To be honest it is better to learn on a completely stock car and make improvements as you go so you get the full effect out of them. I have seen a stock 01 or 02 Honda Accord out there just tearing it up. That guy was having a blast with his car and it had what? Only 120hp or some thing like that and no suspension mods done to it. It was the slowest car on the track but he had a good time.

Originally Posted by AdamBOMB_STi
how much is the track day jon? I'm down to go, my suspension is all set up for action now!
The track days at Thunderhill are still right around $200. They have hookedondrving.com blocked over here at my work so I can't get to there web site and get you guys exact date or price. The track day at Laguna Sega was around $300 I think. And with that track day at Laguna Sega they highly recommend prior track experience. So if you want to wait until the next Thunderhill track day it will be closer and cheaper.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Cool John. I definently will have to look into it once I get my AP done and over with. I usually mod my suspension to how I like the feel of it when driving on the street (obviously different from how it would be on the track.)
Old 12-28-2006, 11:53 AM

Car Info: SRP Bugeye
Originally Posted by 05 Black WRX
so sorry steven. i guess i dont know my own strength.
haha... weak! just kidding. sam was hella mad that he did it... sorry, but its kinda funny. oh yeah steven, i heard about your room... party at stevens! lol, j/k
Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
yeah sam turns into incredible hulk when he be turning those bolts. First hand experience!!!I guess 24hr fitness works! hahah
Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by SubieBabe
haha... weak! just kidding. sam was hella mad that he did it... sorry, but its kinda funny. oh yeah steven, i heard about your room... party at stevens! lol, j/k
i told him not to go in cuz it was hella dirty..... i was afraid some animal was going to crawl out from under the rug and eat his ***.... then cough up the damn wheel lock key

i think i will call lic and see if they can get it off..... but i might have to hit up a dealer tomarrow morning before we get started.

if you want me to sell your L I got to come take some pics of it, I might be able to part it out for you on RS25 for those rims you got at Sams
Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 PM

Car Info: SRP Bugeye
i told him not to go in cuz it was hella dirty..... i was afraid some animal was going to crawl out from under the rug and eat his ***.... then cough up the damn wheel lock key

i think i will call lic and see if they can get it off..... but i might have to hit up a dealer tomarrow morning before we get started.

if you want me to sell your L I got to come take some pics of it, I might be able to part it out for you on RS25 for those rims you got at Sams
check your pms
Old 12-29-2006, 08:28 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Sup folks! I can't wait to see you guys later on tonight! Guess what though!? Remember my roomate Brian? Well he bought a new suby too. . .you'll see it! Oh, I'm also wingless now, hehe =)
Old 12-29-2006, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 07 Ducati monster S2R1K
Originally Posted by OrangeDot3083
What's up guys?

So I see all this money being thrown around to buy parts, motorcycles, seats... etc when are any of you guys ever going to make it out to a track day with me? I have already signed up for a track day down at Laguna Sega in Feb. I am really looking forward to that. I don't know when he next Thunderhill track day is but if yall are interested in it I can look it up. I will catch you guys later on.

na I would rather ride my Duc
but in a few years I will take my bike to a track day
Old 12-29-2006, 09:08 AM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
I wont be able to make it, I'm flying out to Socal for the weekend. Have fun guys!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 Aspen Sti
ill be there tonight, been a while.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
we are going to have a fat meet tonight!!!!
+1 suby.........I might not be the only rs out there anymore.....
Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 PM

Car Info: .
I had a change of plans, guys. I won't be able to come to the meet until Jan 12th, instead of the 5th. I'm flying to SoCal to celebrate my B-day with friends&family the first weekend of January. But I'll definitely be there the 12th, and that Sunday I'll also be going to GST's grand opening/dyno day. :banana:
Old 12-29-2006, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Bugeye & Kawasaki Z1000
we are going to have a fat meet tonight!!!!
+1 suby.........I might not be the only rs out there anymore.....
did you convince jen to buy a suby?
Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
i got new toys for my car.. install will probably be held at rays.. i'm not looking forward to cutting my bumper.

Quick Reply: *_ Fairfield Barnes & Noble/ Travis AFB Weekly Meet_*