i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles (https://www.i-club.com/forums/latest-i-club-reviews-features-articles-74/)
-   -   Where do you buy tires for your Subaru? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/latest-i-club-reviews-features-articles-74/where-do-you-buy-tires-your-subaru-18142/)

Imprezer 05-08-2003 02:02 AM

Where do you buy tires for your Subaru?

Please give me feedback on this.

Trvlr5 05-09-2003 07:20 AM

Reasons for going to the local shop

I would go to the local shop rather than tirerack.com because:

1. The local guy has been good to me and I want to support his business.

2. I can buy the tire and get it mounted and balanced in less than an hour versus ordering tires, waiting for them to arrive <assuming the shippers don't lose them>, and then taking them to the shop to get them mounted and balanced since I don't have the equipment to do it myself.

3. I can ask the guys at the local shop questions about the tires, and they will give me good advice based on their experience and what they've heard from other people.

4. If there is a problem with the tires, its usually much easier to deal with a local business than trying to get help from an Internet vendor.

chucky96 05-09-2003 01:33 PM

Local shop is good.

The guys at the local shop are great. They give good pointers and they can do a multitude of things. They also have a faster turn around time than tire rack. The local guy can also get me whatever I want where as tire rack carries a definitive list of brands.

TeamSUBARU 05-11-2003 02:09 PM

Feirst I woould do a speell check Alex. :p

"Where do you [b]guy[/b] your tires?"

Concillian 05-12-2003 09:11 AM

Local guy. After all he owns a shop for performance Subaru parts, is cool, and it's only $10-30 (including tax) more than if I bought at tire rack and had him mount and balance, with WAY less hassle.

Someone local and a part of the Subaru community getting my money is more important than saving $20 on a $6-800 purchase.

DetailAddict 05-12-2003 12:49 PM

local shop you could negotiate on the price and installation. and don't have to worry about shipping :)

Magish 05-14-2003 03:09 PM

Tire shop...

Ryan 05-17-2003 07:29 PM

I found a really good distributor on Ebay that are just as good as Tirerack. Their company name in California is Good Guy Tire. They go under the Ebay name "tiredirect". I got a set of tires called Barum Bravura- never heard of the name before. $270 after shipping. They're the best tires I've ever owned! No squealing around the hardest corners I've ever been able to take. Can't wait to upgrade the sway bars ;)

[IMG]http://www.contitrade.cz/images/tyre/full/003.jpg[/IMG]

ruacop2 05-18-2003 04:29 PM

Ummm, I get free tires for my vehicles from Toyo Tires.

Does that count? FREEBIES should be a category.

Subie4me 05-21-2003 11:57 PM

If any of you are in So Cal, I would go to Arnel at the America Tire Company in San Pedro. Not only does the guy know his stuff, he will bend over backwards to put together a package that works for you and your wallet, talk about those road hazard warrantees. I have purchased a set of rims and countless tires for autocross and I always get the same excellant service.

cbettner 05-24-2003 11:39 AM

tires

i got my tires from etires.com - i ended up saving about 15 bucks a tire on the potenza's i bought

Williampreza 05-26-2003 12:40 PM

My preferred performance shop gets their tires from tirerack (among other sources).
So, I guess I get mine from both. Supporting local business and getting a great deal at the same time :D

wvjnky 05-27-2003 02:24 PM

Rubber 4 u

If you are into performance stuff and have a local shop, give them the money. So, you might spend a tad bit more but you will also help them stay in bus. And when you want that turbo upgrade or hi tech exaust you can visit you local shop.......

Tbone 01-13-2005 08:49 PM

Tires Plus, but yeah Ebay the most

nypatrick 02-02-2005 04:03 PM

I ripped a Potenza shortly after getting my WRX, and had to park the car for 3 days while a local (chain) Mavis tire, got one from a distributor, mounted and balanced it. It cost me about $25 less than other sources, but the wait was a killer. I have bought tires from that company for over 20 years, and this was the only time I ever had even a small problem. I spoke to the manager, who apologized (and gave me the extra discount). I will go back, when I need new shoes, if he has the brand/style I want.